Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Why,why,why, did we not trade Jackson?

BEER is offline Registered User

Why,why,why, did we not trade Jackson?

I said three years ago we needed to trade Jackson for the reason of worth. Now I see I was wrong. The reason, our Gm, Vp, Hc, dont know how to pull in talent. It sucks that jackson could have had a superbowl or superbowl chance with someone else. I hope that when he does go elsewhere he does get the ring he deserves. I was hated on then for posting we need to trade him and let him move on back then, o well, lets see if a new regime can change our bad habits. Rams moving forward, I hate to look back.
    ManofGod likes this.

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Re: Why,why,why, did we not trade Jackson?

I know exactly how you feel. I've always felt like you have to start with the offensive line out.

No sense in having a star running back if you can't create holes to run in and no sense in having a star quarterback if you can't protect him long enough to pass the ball.

I do understand why they kept him though. Players like Steven Jackson and Sam Bradford put fans in the seats.

O line out should is the way to go. D line second. But i understand people dont want to give up the only thing good on the team, even if its the best thing to do for the whole team. Manegment has to make those though choices. But they have proved they cant.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

You must not know much about SJAX. Only countless occasions he has talked about wanting to finish his career out here and how much it means for him to finish his career here. I feel the same on the ring part. I just pray that we can win him a ring next year or the year after.

It sure is funny how when you post something thats true, but not optimistic, a few people jump all over you for your lack of nfl know how, and your dont know what your talking about pestisism. But when what u said will happen does happen there mouth/keyboard is silent. LOL.
    Last edited by BEER; -12-28-2011 at 09:32 PM.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Hershel Walker with the Cowboys is just like Steven Jackson with the Rams, only thing is the Cowboys know how and when to pull the deal. Not to say JAX is a Ball & Chain for the Rams, but he should have been dealt early on to help out both parties involved. NFL is a Business and the Rams haven't quite grasp the concept as of yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Its not too late to trade him but we wont get a 1st and probably not a 2nd either. A few years ago we woulda had a herchel walker type deal or something close. But he needs to go to a contender. He aint gonna win nothing here and he's on the wrong side of his career
    ManofGod likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Maybe not 3 years ago, but it's hard to fathom that this organization didn't think they could find a productive back with the DeMarco Murrays, Roy Helu's, Fred Jacksons, and Michael Bushs' among others, coming out of the woodworks to be productive for their respective teams.

This head coach and GM is just not my kind of coach and GM.

We need somebody with an agressive mentality, both on the field and in the draft and free agency.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. I've always felt like you have to start with the offensive line out.

No sense in having a star running back if you can't create holes to run in and no sense in having a star quarterback if you can't protect him long enough to pass the ball.
    In all fairness, the FO tried to do just that, by drafting everyone's top prospect Jason Smith and then Roger Saffold, as well as bringing in everybody's top rated free agents Jacob Bell, Jason Brown and Harvey Dahl. Too bad for Jackson virtually none of it has panned out.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    In all fairness, the FO tried to do just that, by drafting everyone's top prospect Jason Smith and then Roger Saffold, as well as bringing in everybody's top rated free agents Jacob Bell, Jason Brown and Harvey Dahl. Too bad for Jackson virtually none of it has panned out.

Good points Mike. As an add on, it begs question as to 'Why do Rams seem to be on the wrong side of reality v. hype when it comes to talent ? "

Is it is training, coaching, the dome, the colors, the ?? I am at a loss as to how we seem to miss more then most.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Good points Mike. As an add on, it begs question as to 'Why do Rams seem to be on the wrong side of reality v. hype when it comes to talent ? "

Is it is training, coaching, the dome, the colors, the ?? I am at a loss as to how we seem to miss more then most.
    It's maddening mac, and none of the moves was anywhere near to being a reach.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

gee I wonder why the Rams didn't trade their only good player on offense? Jesus are you really going to go back and second guess a move we didn't make 3 years ago?

You have to be a women. Because no man is going to bring up a 3 year old "I told you so" thread. if you aren't please have your closest friend revoke your man card.
    Rambunctious and ZiaRam like this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Trading your best player when trying to build something is simply illogical. You don't make decisions thinking they're going to be wrong. Who's to say the players we would have acquired for Jackson would have worked out? Spags and Devaney had a strategy: Build from the line out. Forego drafting the "playmaker" because of the many needs we had and instead draft for depth at the receiver position. Ride your horse (Jackson) and draft a franchise QB who will be ready to make the Rams his team when Jackson's productivity tails off. And build the defense.The thinking was sound. It simply didn't work. The O-line turned out to be a huge disappointment almost to a man. Nearly every receiver we acquired through the draft, trades or waivers has gotten hurt this year or last. And Bradford's growth has been put on hold because of he myriad issues that plague our line. Only the defense has shown signs of promise with the emergence of guys like Long and Laurinaitis.

Trading Steven Jackson would have made absolutely no difference to the fortunes of this franchise.
    dgr828, Flippin' Ram and ZiaRam like this.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Rams moving forward, I hate to look back.
    You're sure trying to toot your "I told you so" horn pretty loudly for someone who hates to look back.

Steven Jackson has been the best thing the Rams have had on offense for probably half a decade now. I'd hate to see what the Rams' offenses of the last couple of seasons would have looked like without him on this roster.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

It's easy to say it would've been ridiculous to trade Jackson in hindsight, because he has been great.

But that doesn't necessarily mean we could not have benefited just as well or better by trading him a couple of years ago.

Who knows, had we traded him, maybe we're sitting here with Chris Johnson, Fred Jackson, or Michael Bush, plus a number one reciever or solid O-Line.

The point is, as great as Jackson has been, we are still one of the worst teams in the league and have been going on a decade now.

So as far as I'm concerned, every player has a price and can be gone just like that.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -12-29-2011 at 05:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast