longfan is offline Registered User

Why this year is GUARANTEED to be better...

by leaps and bounds...

we have had a team that quit on their coach a year and a half ago..

the quitters mostly got pink slips when we got a new coach..

there is talent on this team and some guys that want to prove something.. not just lose and go home to the mailbox and get their check..

our offense may be one of the best in the league this year (laugh if you must) and we will need that to keep our D off the field as much as possible..

there is no reason we cannot win the ball control battle with the o'line and running game we SHOULD have..

the only thing that could blow this deal sky high in my mind is if Bulger quits again, or falls down and hurts his little hand again..

he is our leader, and he quit on us..

if he comes to make ammends this year, the skies the limit in my mind... no significant injuries and i say we make the playoffs !!!!

GO RAMS !!! I BELIEVE !!!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Why this year is GUARANTEED to be better...

Bulger quit on us? lol What?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Rambos is online now Registered User

we have had a team that quit on their coach a year and a half ago..
    Spags said the one thing this team did last year was play hard until the end, not sure where you got that from.

i am drawing my opionions from watching the games... watching the eye rolling, the repeated berating of the HC on the sidelines during games.. watching defenders pull up and let guys get by.. thats where i get what i said..

so bulger didnt quit ?? i respectfully disagree.. he took a beating and still lined up, but to me he quit playing to win..

whats the new coach supposed to come in and say ?? i inherited a load of quitters ?? he said what a great bunch of hard workers, and then sent half of them down the road.. bulger would have gone too if it were financially feasable..

i was/am a bulger supporter.. he was playing for a guy that shouldnt be coaching anything above high school level.. and appeared to want to get bulger sacked as much as possible... limpahand was a joke as a coach.. im sure i would have quit too..

i didnt mean to be negative but bulger has to prove he's still an NFL quaterback.. and actually that should be a good thing for this year..

im a ram fan to the core.. and the last 2 years were painful to watch...

but it will make this years playoff run that much more sweet !!!

Go Rams !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Spags said the one thing this team did last year was play hard until the end, not sure where you got that from.
    i should have said a segment of the team appeared to quit..

after ditching Linehan for one of the worst Defensive Co-ord's in the game we came out with fire and won a couple of games.. against good teams..

your telling me something didnt happen to that team ??

just my 2cents..

and its just an opinion formed from the couch after having your heart broke.. so its subject to be wrong..

Rambos is online now Registered User

I agree that a more then a few where done with Linny, but they still played hard. IMO

AtlantaRamFan is online now Registered User

I think you're right that this year will be better. Even if the team goes 3-13, it will be a better year because we're heading in the right direction, regardless of the score.

What I don't understand it why you (and others) believe Bulger has to prove he's still an NFL QB. I guess I just don't understand reasons behind that line of thinking. When you think about what makes a good QB, arm strength, decision making, accuracy, pocket presence etc. which one's exactly has Bulger regressed in that he needs to prove himself in? Rather than say he needs to prove himself as a QB, tell me specifically which ones are different than his good years. Arm strength? Me thinks not. Accuracy? No reason for it to change. Decision making? If so, how exactly does someone regress in that?

*shoots self in face for contributing to another Bulger argument*

I do appreciate you passion longfan. Enjoy the game today

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    I think you're right that this year will be better. Even if the team goes 3-13, it will be a better year because we're heading in the right direction, regardless of the score.

What I don't understand it why you (and others) believe Bulger has to prove he's still an NFL QB. I guess I just don't understand reasons behind that line of thinking. When you think about what makes a good QB, arm strength, decision making, accuracy, pocket presence etc. which one's exactly has Bulger regressed in that he needs to prove himself in? Rather than say he needs to prove himself as a QB, tell me specifically which ones are different than his good years. Arm strength? Me thinks not. Accuracy? No reason for it to change. Decision making? If so, how exactly does someone regress in that?

*shoots self in face for contributing to another Bulger argument*

I do appreciate you passion longfan. Enjoy the game today

bulger still has the tools to be great... thats not even up for debate in my eyes...

but he seems to be becoming Jim Everett.. he has been hit so much he makes bad decisions.. and to me has happy feet..

lets hope this re-tooled O'line and a true blocking FB give him the time to regain some of his old form..

fella's.. its this simple.. we better hope Bulgers funk can be attributed to the mental aspect of the game..

im rooting for a Pro-Bowl year for Bulger and the other 50+ guys on the team..

Go Rams !!!