View Poll Results: Why are you STILL a Rams fan?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geography. Root for the home team.

3 3.13%
  • I couldn't stop being a Rams fan even if I wanted to.

24 25.00%
  • Its about loyalty. A fan without that quality is nothing.

30 31.25%
  • I'm an eternal optimist. I always think things will get better.

6 6.25%
  • I truly believe there is something special about this franchise.

1 1.04%
  • I'm a glutton for punishment.

3 3.13%
  • Before this poll, I never even considered the concept of NOT being a Rams fan.

29 30.21%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Why are you STILL a Rams fan?

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Re: Why are you STILL a Rams fan?

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I will be buried in a RAMS uniform!
    Why don't u get a rams locker and get buried in that
    laram0 and gap like this.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Loyalty .....
    drugs and alcohol help

clarasDK is offline Registered User

When I started watching football for real the Rams had the GSOT going and I fell in love.

Went through a period were I was called a band wagon fan, but these days are over. I guess all the band wagon left to route for the Patsies or something....

And now it is like the more hardship I go through with the team, the sweeter I know it will be when we get back to greatness! And I know we will! And I think it is gonna be sooner than later

GO RAMS!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I easily could have gone with option #2, but I AM the eternal optimist. I always think "this will be our year." The idea of jumping ship when another 1999 could be around the corner is just unacceptable.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Number No.2 best some's up my feelings towards the Rams. It's LOVE unfortunately. Otherwise I would have kicked them to the kerb, a long, long time ago.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Av, I like you am an eternal optimist, which was my selection. I grew up in NY and this was during the era of home-team blackouts so the Rams games were usually on TV at 4PM and I got caught up in the Fearsome Foursome craze that was led by Deacon Jones. But most importantly, they were usually in the mix and back then our nemesis were the Cowboys and the Vikings who we were unable to get past in the playoffs. So I became that "eternal optimist" that next year we would finally get over the hump.

Back then we were one of the best run organizations with Jack Faulkner at the helm and solid coaches like George Allen and Chuck Knox and most importantly sound drafts. But this was before FA so that was the only way to build your team, other than trades. Some of the better trades I remember the Rams making was Marlin McKeever for Myron Pottios, we also traded for John Hadl and Harold Jackson a fabulous QB/WR duo in the '70's. We also traded with the **** for Kermit Alexander (CB) and Bruce Gossett (PK) and with the Packers for Travis "The Roadrunner" Williams who did great kick-off returns for us. I'm sure there were others that I cannot recall.

So much for nostalgia, being a Rams fan meant you had to be an eternal optimist. And I feel that way today as I look ahead to the 2012 season. With good reason.

Go Rams!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

This past weekend I saw War Horse, and there was a line in the movie that, I believe, reflects how a lot of us feel about the team during the hard times.

The scene (and don't worry, this is "spoiler-free") involves an older British couple. After the husband makes the lastest in a series of errors that has placed the future of his family home and farm in jeopardy, he tells his wife of many years that he fully expects her to stop loving him.

She replies, "I may hate you more, but I'll never love you less."
    GROUND DOG 39 and FestusRam like this.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I easily could have gone with option #2, but I AM the eternal optimist. I always think "this will be our year." The idea of jumping ship when another 1999 could be around the corner is just unacceptable.
    Being a fan of a team has nothing to do with winning championships, for me anyway. I became a Rams fan in the late 60's so it was 30+ years before they won their one and only championship in my lifetime.

How can fans root for multiple teams in any sport? I have some friends that do that in all sports. Eventually they have to play each other. Whoever you root for then is your team.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

loyalty men don't abandon their team. Rams could be awful for the rest of my life and I'd still be a fan.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Loyalty, plain and simple. Other than some old Brooklyn Dodgers fans whose hearts were ripped out when they left for LA, I have never met anyone who has changed their allegiance to a team. Such a notion is unfathomable to me. Now, I will freely tell you I've walked away from the television on a number of occasions when the Rams come up with another dreadful effort, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go root for Denver next week. Your team is your team.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

When I first got into sports as a kid, it was with a vengeance. I lived and breathed sports. There were many teams in many sports that I followed, but over the years, all those teams changed with the exception of one, the Rams. My passion for them has grown and never wavered. I really can't explain it, but I care deeply about this team in a profound way. I can literally place moments and events in my life based on what the Rams were doing at the time. Hate to admit this, but when I see a replay or documentary on the '99 season, I choke up, every time. I'm not sure who's the bigger baby, me, Dick Vermeil, or John Boehner.

After the Rams moved to Anaheim, there was a kinda corny bumper sticker that started with the "Big A" logo that said, "Always A Rams Fan". That mantra will always be true for me, corny or not.

Why am I still a Rams fan? Without question, passion.

macrammer is online now Registered User

I feel like I am at a meeting and I am now standing up, Hi, my name is Mike and I am a Ram fan. Nothing will ever change that for me and I too will be buried in a Ram jersey, albeit not for many years to come

Rams fan through the 70's....many missed opportunities but boy were we good year in and year out
    Rams fan through the 80's....Whiners took over but we still had some good years with Eric D/Jim Ev/Henry/Flipper
    Rams fan through lost 90's WITH move.
    GSOT payoff for all of the heartache over years past
    2004 - now. Some good times mostly horrible football but there is always tomorrow.

Loyalty plain and simple.
    MoonJoe and mde8352gorams like this.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Was a Rams fan since 1976 when I started to understand the game of football--never occured to me why they are my team--they just are. I can't even imagine cheering for Dallas, San Fran or anyother team. Some things in life ARE and somethings in life ARE NOT

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Hi my name is Alan and I've been addicted to the Rams for over 10 years. It has caused me great happiness and sorrow at times. I once sold my body for Rams tickets lol
    gap likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

L o y a l t y.

It was that royal blue helmet with those big white horns that first attracted my love into the NFL back in '65 (and the elegant uniform that went along with it). Then one matures into the other aspects of the game, of course. ...Ahhh, tempus fugit!

Interesting question - a good, legit question. I also liked the excellent proposed answer by HUb.

R A M S forever!

Last edited by RealRam; -02-01-2012 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Image
    mde8352gorams likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast