View Poll Results: Which wild card do we most need to have a big year?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • TE Joe Klopfenstein

2 7.69%
  • OG Richie Incognito

0 0%
  • DE Anthony Hargrove

2 7.69%
  • DT Jimmy Kennedy

17 65.38%
  • LB Brandon Chillar

1 3.85%
  • CB Tye Hill

4 15.38%
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

Which wild card do we most need to have a big year?

Which position player with potential do we most need to see come through this year to make a big impact on the team based on team depth at their position. Meaning if they do not do good we are in trouble because of the need at the position and the next players in line for the position.

All of the following have the potential to be starters at the beginning of the season.

TE Joe Klopfenstein
    OG Richie Incognito
    DE Anthony Hargrove
    DT Jimmy Kennedy
    LB Brandon Chillar
    CB Tye Hill

OOPS I forgot to add one of the most important to the poll Atogwe.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -07-26-2006 at 08:44 PM.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Re: Which wild card do we most need to have a big year?

In my opinion this is pretty easy. If Kennedy has a big year the rest of our defense should fall into place and have a good year also. Its a lot of pressure but this is an important position for our defense.
    Sprtsmac :football:

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

In my mind, without a doubt it has to be Kennedy. We need to plug that big gapping hole in the middle that has let to many no name running backs just waltz right on thru for big yardage. And this year we have a lot of top running backs to contend with, so if the boys in the middle don't shore that gapping hole, this could be a really bad, long & ugly year for the run defense

rammiser is offline Registered User

I also say without a doubt its Kennedy. Not only does a big push in the middle help our run defense it will take a lot of pressure off our db's if our d-line can keep pressure on the opposing qb's. Our db's arent good enough to hold coverage while the qb stands back there and waits for someone to come open i.e Joe Jerovicious in the Seattle game. It all starts up front and if Kennedy comes up big I believe a push to the playoffs is very possible. Without pressure our db's will get torn apart just like last year.
    Just Fix It

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser
    I also say without a doubt its Kennedy. Not only does a big push in the middle help our run defense it will take a lot of pressure off our db's if our d-line can keep pressure on the opposing qb's. Our db's arent good enough to hold coverage while the qb stands back there and waits for someone to come open i.e Joe Jerovicious in the Seattle game. It all starts up front and if Kennedy comes up big I believe a push to the playoffs is very possible. Without pressure our db's will get torn apart just like last year.
    Very true, but I tihnk with an aggressive Tye Hill learning quickly, I think he'll really help out in the back field, and he isn't afraid to tackle, he's gonna (hopefully) be a great ascet for us, probably sooner than we think too...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rams#1 Guest

I think tye hill, Because he needs to come in a start right away to help us, and he is going to have to show that he can play in the nfl, I have all the confidence in the world in him, but he needs to get signed and get in camp and win the starting job.

Rambos is offline Registered User

not in the poll, I will say SJ.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Kennedy...and it's not even close. As long as Hargrove plays no worse than last year, we can get by, but Kennedy's success would probably translate into more sacks for Hargrove, too. Incognito doesn't even necessarily have to be a starter. If Klopf fails to make an impact, we've got Byrd. If Hill fails to make an impact, we've got at least three corners with starting experience to fill the void. I believe Haslett has already said the strongside linebacker will have less responsibities in this scheme than weak and middle, and R. Smith is a possible alternative if Chillar underperforms.

But if Kennedy really struggles, we only have Fisk to fill in, and at the end of the season we would probably have to acknowledge that we had no long-term solution for that position on the roster.

rams#1 Guest

Good Points, Jimmy is going to have to prove somthing this year, he is going to have to prove that he is a number 1 pick, I believe that he is going to come in and dominate, I predict 14 sacks and 100 tackles.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

All of them need to have big years but I think Jimmy has to have the biggest year. Hes gotta prove hes not a bust

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Based on some of my earlier thoughts, gotta go with Kennedy.

Followed in order by
    Kloppy (he will share time as a starter, so he need not have a huge year.
    and
    Hill - Hopefully he can be ready to start by mid season (perhaps sooner) if and when the injury bug bites the secondary.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

This has to be the year of the Bear if our D is to get rolling. Look at the great Defenses of the past, they all had a dominant fat-man in the middle.

'02 Bucs - Warren Sapp
    '00 Ravens - Siragusa
    '85 Bears - Fridge Perry

'06 Rams - Bear Kennedy ???
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod