RANDYRAM Guest

Thumbs down Will Bulger Be Able Get It Going Early?

I know he can but ! But can he do it consistantly? The key to the GSOT was getting an early lead. Kurt was one of the best at it! Can Marc capture the time in Indy when they jumped out to 18-0 lead on a consistent basis ? So far I would say NO! He has not shown the the concentration to get IT going early. This is going to be one of the Rams biggest hurtles this year. If he cannot do this the rams, with their defense, are going to be playing catch up all year long! One thing that is going to be in Marc's favor is the running game is going to be better than in the past and maybe he will not have to pass as much, I Hope? IF HE CAN LIGHT IT UP EARLY ???? WHO KNOWS HOW FAR WE CAN GO!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Will Bulger Be Able Get It Going Early?

The majority of the players on our offense have 1 full year of Linehans system under their belts. This train started rolling near the end of last season. No reason to think they won't pick up right where they left off.:l

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM0 View Post
    The majority of the players on our offense have 1 full year of Linehan's system under their belts. This train started rolling near the end of last season. No reason to think they won't pick up right where they left off. :l

Welcome to the Clan, Randy!

I have to agree with the above statement from L.A. I think the latter part of last season strongly suggests (not just by optimism) the Rams offense will pick up where it left off and that was winning with convincing play. In particular, Marc Bulger is now used to the present scheme of things. Also ... he has become a mature, confident, and accurate QB that knows WRs Bruce and Holt very well.

I fully trust Marc will bring the right leadership to the new players and will certainly keep in mind the concern of not having to play catch up ball. Hopefully the Rams D will help with this aspect as well.

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

I think Marc will do it. We have such an offensive tandum that I don't see how he couldn't. The line should be stronger which I think is the most important element and with jackson's catch ability along with McMicheal and ofcourse or WR duo with new addition large size Drew and new blood leonard who could be the best thing since Holcomb at FB it looks like a chance to be an elite offence, The question is now going to be can draft, and hall and carrkier and etc bring somthing to the table

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRAM View Post
    Can Marc capture the time in Indy when they jumped out to 18-0 lead on a consistent basis ? So far I would say NO! He has not shown the the concentration to get IT going early.
    Hard to concentrate on a consistent basis when you're lying flat on your back, wouldn't you agree? Bulger was sacked 49 times last year, second most in the NFL. When he wasn't sacked, he was often running for his life as he threw the ball away. If Bulger gets consistent protection, he'll be able to concentrate and get IT going any time he wants. He's proven that.