View Poll Results: is the jenkins trade going to turn out to be the determining factor to reach playoffs

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we need him to reach the playoffs

11 36.67%
  • No we will get there without him

19 63.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Raze is offline Registered User

Re: will the jenkins trade determine our playoff berth for next season?

we'll make it with or without him

the '9ers even with these outrageous signings will still strugle to hits 7-9... teh 'Hawks form will continue to suck and the luck they had last season won't strike twice and they'll find it tough to hit 8-8

and the Cards... well its the Cards do I really need to say anything

and despite our lackluster defense I think the Rams will end up at LEAST 9-7, but I'm going for a nice 11-5

all that won't change if Jenkins comes or go's

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

He certainly doesn't hurt our chances, if he stayed fit he would bring a level of play that probably isn't attainable right now from any rookie in the draft. Without him coming in, the pressure will be put squarely on the offense to put up big numbers. He like any other player isn't a guarantee to be a success but IMO he is much more likely to help solidify the line from day 1 than a rookie. With Jenkins presence I would say playoffs is very likely, without him I'm not so sure..

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

I hope we do not have to give up a 2nd round pick.

Some great talent is available in the 2nd round at a discounted price.

GO RAMS

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I hate to be the voice of pessimism, but honestly with or without him, I don't think we're ready for a playoff run. I think this O (barring injury) could be the biggest scorer since the GSOT (notice I didn't say as good, but since). However, Jenkins or not, I'm not convinced the D can keep enough points off the board.

The '07 team looks better than the '06, but not enough to push into the top 6 in the conference.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Will51 is offline Registered User

plain and simple NO, carolina had a better defense last year with better play makers and their offense was decent and they didnt make the playoffs, we will make the play offs regardless because our team is good but how far we go depends on who stays healthy

itsguud is offline Registered User

Of cousre we will be playoff bound with him. He is the missing link.

keith m. klink Guest

well , with the signing of hall and jones , ( 5th and 7th rounders gone) , i would look for the rams to try to find a partner for a tradedown , to recoup some picks and maybe target , HARRELL at the end of the round , HARELL or TANK TYLER , would make a lot of sense at the end of the round , and a DE in the second like JOHNSON , ABIAMIRI or CROWDER . but i think this is the setup for a tradedown . and so far , i like how the rams are moving around , and shaking things up a bit . they are hitting on all their weak spots , except for D-LINE . recoup picks with the tradedown , and go HEAVY HEAVY on defense in the draft .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12