Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Will the Rams win 7+ games? I'm betting on it.

SportsDude is offline Registered User

Re: Will the Rams win 7+ games? I'm betting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Sorry but my number is 4.
    Our roster has significantly improved since our 7-9 season... with a New & Improved coaching staff. How the **** do you only have us winning 4 games?

I think we can win 4 out of our first 6

Home game Redskins
    Home game Seahawks
    Home game Cardinals
    Road game Dolphins
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Also, craig dahl still sucks.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I guarantee that 2012 Rams will double the w's from 2011 GUARANTEE !!!!!!!!!!!!! HA

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Ive said this before, and I'll say it again. To only have four wins, would mean our QB Sam Bradford having another year like last season. Id be amazed if this happens. Im also convinced the defense will finally show some steel this season. So Im a little surprised with some of the negativity being shown around here. Will the Rams win seven games this year. I suspect they will if Sam Bradford goes back to his rookie form. We all know he is capable of it, so have a little more faith.
    LA Rammer and THOLTFAN81 like this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    To only have four wins, would mean our QB Sam Bradford having another year like last season. Id be amazed if this happens. Im also convinced the defense will finally show some steel this season. So Im a little surprised with some of the negativity being shown around here. so have a little more faith.
    no way bradford has a season like last. protection will be better plus Fisher will get on their butts. i like what i see too. Fully agree. 7 wins or better! Cant wait!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Well, I think they certainly can. I think this team has more talent and a better coaching staff than the one that won 7 in 2010.

There's not enough solid information yet to make that bet. The "more talent" side of it depends on the play of young unproven players and in some cases players returning from injuries. I do believe the defense should be better but I think the offense is a huge question mark. The 2010 team played a way easier schedule in my opinion. Until we see some pre season games it's real hard to make a guess.

Good luck!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

There's not enough solid information yet to make that bet. The "more talent" side of it depends on the play of young unproven players and in some cases players returning from injuries. I do believe the defense should be better but I think the offense is a huge question mark. The 2010 team played a way easier schedule in my opinion. Until we see some pre season games it's real hard to make a guess.Good luck!
    The bet is easy if you're a Rams fan. Most betting is done with the heart anyway. That's why Vegas can affort to build those giant castles in the desert, people bet with their heart and they usually lose. I'm not saying that making a bet that the Rams will win 7 or more games is an automatic loss, but the odds are against it. I will also say that for $20, why not make the bet? I used to place a $20 bet every year in Vegas the day after the Superbowl that the Rams would win the Superbowl. Unfortunately, the year before the '99 season I didn't get to the sports book before I left town and didn't make the bet. We all know how that turned out. BTW, the Rams were 200-1 to win the SB that day. Damn.But I agree that there's simply not enough information at this point in time to say they're a lock to win 7+ games. There's lots of reasons to see it otherwise. To say there's definitely more talent than 2010 is a stretch and has yet to be seen. There are a few additions that are proven NFL talents, but if they're so great, I have to wonder why they were available. The schedule in '10 was a little easier, and the NFC west was not nearly as good in '10 as it is now. Those things will work against the Rams winning more games, IMHO. And as said above, there are a lot of guys we're hoping return from injury and a LOT of youth with NO NFL experience. A LOT of things have to go right for all the pieces to fall together. Sure, most Rams fans are putting faith ahead of logic, but that's what fans do. I know I'm hoping they win more than 7 games. But I need to see some real games, not pre-season games, before I start to believe this team can win more than 4-5 games. I am optimistic about this season, and I think the Rams are headed in the right direction (finally). But I'm not declaring anything until I see them perform on the field. Call me a skeptic, or call me a glass half-full fan if you want, I really don't care, but I've seen this act before and it usually ends up a big disappointment. As much of a Rams fan that I am, I would put down $20 on the Rams to win 7 games or more, in a heartbeat. Because that's what my heart says as a fan of the team. Would I bet my house on it? Not a chance.
    Curly Horns likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

JM7
    JM7 is offline Registered User

the team WILL be significantly better than last year, there isn't a doubt in my mind. That said, I don't believe that anything greater than 7 wins is likely. My guess would be right at 7 wins. Bradford should have the appropriate weapons around him now to at least be able to play at the level of his rookie-self, and I wouldn't be shocked if he played well beyond that. There are many young players that will be thrust into larger roles than they can handle and that is why I don't believe the team is ready to make a real push for the playoffs.
    Curly Horns likes this.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

I'm betting under, as much as I hate to. Rams will play way better, but I'm going with 5-6 max, with 4-5 heartbreakers along the way. They will win 10-11 games next year however, with Vegas setting the line at 7 1/2.

It is disheartening that the over is +130, because the books tend to know what they're doing.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

By Mike Sando | ESPN.com

A recent tweet from Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay regarding a Week 1 point spread seemed like a good excuse to mine some NFC West gambling information -- for entertainment purposes only, of course.

Chad Millman's Insider blog Insider does not disappoint. Millman, editor in chief for ESPN The Magazine, blogs about the culture of sports gambling. He says the early money suggests gamblers think the Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams will exceed Vegas' expectations:

"When totals were posted last week there were some pickings that wiseguys ate up very quickly. At the Las Vegas Hotel, they hit the Cleveland Browns over 4.5 wins, Houston Texans over 9.5 wins, the New England Patriots under 12.5 wins, the Seattle Seahawks over seven wins and the St. Louis Rams over 5.5 wins."

Action on the Seahawks and Rams was heaviest.

One potential explanation for money following the Rams: They suffered through an unusual number of injuries last season. Their schedule was tougher than anticipated, thanks in part to San Francisco's improvement and games against both Super Bowl teams from the previous season. They could appear in line for a natural correction that could take them from 2-14 to better than 5-11 without much trouble.

Millman did not explore why the Seahawks have been a popular play among bettors. Expectations for improvement at quarterback would be one logical factor.

A "natural correction" ?? Hmmm .. not sure what that could be - I can think of a word that rhymes with it though ...

Wonder why the Seahawks are getting so much action?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    There's not enough solid information yet to make that bet. The "more talent" side of it depends on the play of young unproven players and in some cases players returning from injuries. I do believe the defense should be better but I think the offense is a huge question mark. The 2010 team played a way easier schedule in my opinion. Until we see some pre season games it's real hard to make a guess.

Good luck!
    I disagree the talent level is coming from more then the rookies.

These guys all have done it before.

Wells, Scott
    Finnegan, Cortland
    Langford, Kendall
    Dunbar, Jo-Lonn
    Haggan, Mario

Amendola, Danny broke his arm this is not a wait and see how he looks and the same can be said for Salas.

I also think Fisher and the coaching staff might be worth one or two wins.
    MauiRam likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

We have a winner!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    We have a winner!
    Alright sosa39rams.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Alright sosa39rams.
    I don't get it.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

How much did you put down? Will it pay for next years Bash festivities?

gap

Just $20. I get $46 back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast