Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Will the Rams win more than 3 gamesin 2010?

This is not a dig on Bradford but I doubt he even plays much better than Bulger as a rookie qb next year. Have we really gotten much better? I mean we havent really made the team better if anything we could be worse. Of course I dont want them to be worse but I do expect us to be picking in the top 5 again next year. Adding a rookie qb a rookie offensive lineman and a cb so far in the draft will not win us a bunch of games next year. Kind of scary thinking we could possible be worse but it could happen. Hopefully with the revamped o-line we can play a little more ball control and hope this helps out our defense. Yes in the future we will be better but next year could be pretty rocky. Just curious how everyone else feels about this?

Just Fix It

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Re: Will the Rams win more than 3 gamesin 2010?

I think you are missing the point. We are drafting players that will help make the team good in the next few years. Will go to the playoffs next year? No, but we are getting better.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Sprags won't make it 3 years at this rate.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    I think you are missing the point. We are drafting players that will help make the team good in the next few years. Will go to the playoffs next year? No, but we are getting better.
    I think you missed the point that's exaclty what I said. We have improved for the future beyond next year but next year is going to be rocky. Like I said we may end up picking top five yet again next year which really sucks. I can't stand all the losing 3 years is enough. I know we are getting better but it probably will not be noticed untill the year after next.
    Just Fix It

dvbear55 is offline Registered User

i understand that these players will help us throughout the future, but we need to take advantage of those second and third round picks and grab some playmakers.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

If we can not leave the defense on the field all day as we have, we have a shot to beat some people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Worse, no. We would be worse with Bulger still at the helm. If anything Bradford gives us a good chance. Look at the schedule. I see us winning 8 games just because the rest of teams we face are crap too. Arizona lost Warner and Bolden(sp). Nine'ers still need a Quarterback as bad as we do. She-hawks are a mess as well. We look real good to win the division at this point. Don't listen to the crap the media says. We look good.

mh-i is offline Registered User

I don't like any of the picks. The Rams will have a legitimate shot at a top 3 pick for the forseable future. We will have totally wasted having Jackson as a Ram. Suh would have brought immediate help to the entire defense and Clausen or McCoy as the first pick of the 2nd round would have been just as good as Bradford will be. I think the Rams blew big time.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    I see us winning 8 games just because the rest of teams we face are crap too.
    No chance. NONE.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

If we finish in a position to draft....say Jake Locker, and some of the players we passed on have very good seasons, barring any further delays in the team's sale, I doubt the Front Office and coaching staff survive to the 2011 season.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Worse, no. We would be worse with Bulger still at the helm. If anything Bradford gives us a good chance. Look at the schedule. I see us winning 8 games just because the rest of teams we face are crap too. Arizona lost Warner and Bolden(sp). Nine'ers still need a Quarterback as bad as we do. She-hawks are a mess as well. We look real good to win the division at this point. Don't listen to the crap the media says. We look good.
    Lienart's not the complete disaster some make him out to be, and that offense is still powerful enough to blast our defense at will. Plus our offense is hesitant and may be led by a jumped up 3rd stringer to start the season.

San Fran is good enough to beat us even if they don't have a quarterback. With their line upgrades Frank Gore should have a monster year, and we haven't really addressed the running side of the ball.

Seattle may be a bit of a mess, but they still have some good players, have had a fairly successful draft thus far, and still were able to sweep us in convincing fashion last season.

As for the other "weak" teams on our schedule, Detroit has had a very good offseason, Washington has a new QB for us to account for, Tampa has made some upgrades, and only Oakland and Kansas City look possibly beatable on the AFC West portion of the schedule.

8 wins ain't happening. 5 wins may happen, but I think that's our max.

chancelandusa is offline Registered User

well you cant blame devaney, spags for all the poor drafts prior I would've loved to get some playmakers but without a solid core even the playmakers would be hard pressed [steady as she goes] I was shocked with pick #33 but the more I think about it the more I agree with it o-line will gel & be solid for years to come

Yes its hard to be patient but we were all on board when despags came out saying
    were going to rebuild this team the right way well here we are unfortunatly it will take time we are not in the position yet to go out and pick up high dollar FA like other teams I do think we have a real shot at 4-6 wins next year but still a year or two away really at least two I love the rams & have been through some long loosing droughts I can wait a few more years to competative again

I have faith in despags more than I have since vermeil came in & who I'm still alittle upset with for leaving early anyway its not a glitz & glamour draft for us but were filling holes w/quality players RAMS 2010

rampower is offline Registered User

We will be very very lucky if we do. If barron goes, bulged gone, little?
    We might be lucky to tread water. Yes Bradford for the future. But despags will have no jobs if we don't start winning. I can't hide my anger at the lack of a favourable trade. I understand football is a cycle, but why can't we get lucky? If we are back picking in the top 3 next year, why should we have any faith it will ever change. Cast me out as a none beleaver etc. I am sick and tired of waiting for good news. When people asked what did you expect ( from the offseason) I just was hoping for a free agent signing that would have seriously upgraded one area. Trades for some more picks. We picked first for a reason; We are more than a couple of drafts from being good. I hope Laurent Robinson can stay healthy and avery can too (and run better routes) because if not, Bradford is in for a torid time. How can I justify paying out a months wages to come over and watch this? I just can't see how tthey are gonna keep their jobs. I hope we got real lucky with Bradford, I really do.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

I said it once before on another thread. We will win 9 games in the regular season, mark my words.
    Week 1 Cardinals at Rams 3:15. We are at home and the fans will be behind Bradford. Leinart's still not ready. We win.
    Week 2 Rams at Raiders 3:05. Raiders have been crap for too long. We win.
    Week 3 Redskins at Rams 3:05. Too close to call on this one. First loss.
    Week 4 Seahawks at Rams Noon. Again we are home and the She-Hawks are a sinking boat. We win. 3-1
    Week 5 Rams at Lions Noon. Did they beat us last year? No and they had a better team. 4-1
    Week 6 Chargers at Rams Noon. Don't see us winning, sorry. 4-2
    Week 7 Rams at Bucs Noon. The bucs, come on, please. 5-2
    Week 8 Panthers at Rams Noon. The Panthers need something. Lost Peppers to the Bears and still need a QB. 6-2
    Week 9 Bye Week
    Week 10 Rams at ***** 3:15 This will be the start of a five game loosing streak. 6-3
    Week 11 Falcons at Rams 3:05. They are still too hot to handle. 6-4
    Week 12 Rams at Broncos 3:15. Tebow or Orton, we will have our hands full. 6-5
    Week 13 Rams at Cardinals 3:15. Cards get something going by this time. 6-6
    Week 14 Rams at Saints 3:05. We came close last year, but they are still Super. 6-7
    Week 15 Chiefs at Rams Noon. This is the rubber game. 7-7
    Week 16 ***** at Rams Noon. Ninners at home and they are looking passed us to the play offs. 8-7
    Week 17 Rams at Seahawks 4:15. We finish strong with a last second win over the she-hawks. 9-7
    Last edited by lordwhttgr; -04-24-2010 at 05:15 AM.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I'm always amused by those who suggest that "we could have waited to take a QB later"- as if the Rams war room had a crystal ball forseeing Jimmy Claussen or Colt McCoy not being taken till much later in the draft. Or the people who say "well, we should have waited till next year when Jake Locker, blah blah blah come out- like we know where our 2011 draft position will be. Despite exhaustive research and the presence of the Mel Kiper, Jr's of the world, no one ever quite knows who will take who. Therefore, you cannot wait hoping someone falls in your lap. Obvious fact: The Rams needed a QB. They got a guy who they feel can be the face of this franchise for years to come. It is a calculated chance that had to be taken. It's a no brainer.

Chances are Bradford starts the season behind A.J. Feeley while he learns the offense and prepares himself. It would be wonderful if Bradford starts the season and comes flying out of the gates, but it is unrealistic and unfair to think it will happen. While we can all hope, people must recalibrate their expectations. Dan Marino, Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan were exceptions; most QB's sit behind a knowledgable veteran (Eli Manning, Philip Rivers) or get in there and take their lumps (Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez)

I, too, was hoping the Rams would have taken a playmaker of some sort- an Aurrelius Benn, a Dexter McCluster, a Golden Tate- but truth be told, they have so many needs it is hard to knock what they've done. They needed a corner. They needed to upgrade th O-line and protect a guy they'll be paying $50 million. They still need a DE or OLB. They need a guy to spell Steven Jackson. Look for the Rams to address these needs today and creatively round out the roster in the coming weeks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast