Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Will Sam Bradford Become Elite in 2013?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Will Sam Bradford Become Elite in 2013?

I think it might be a tall order for Bradford to become "elite" next year, but I have no doubt he will continue to improve. IMO, he will be in the "elite" discussion within the next few years.

I agree with others that wins are more important than whatever label is attached to Bradford.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    I just want to win. I don't care if he crams the ball up his backside and farts it downfield as long as we come away with more Ws.
    ...but there will still be those bashers who will say; "yeah, we won, but Bradfords downfield fart was a little off target."
    r8rh8rmike and citr92 like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

macrammer is offline Registered User

No....but he will continue to improve IMO. I am not sur eif elite is going to transpire but winning and cluch play willl be enough for me.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

There are 4 elite QB's in the league and it took them time to aquire the skill and offensive targets to become so. Sam won't be elite next year but Eli Manning and Big Ben aren't elite and they have both won multiple Super Bowls because they had great teams around them. Sam doesn't need to be elite for this team to make the playoffs or win a title so rather than focusing on arbitrary ratings about who is "elite" we should focus on things that actually matter and are achievable.

rampower is offline Registered User

Will Sam Bradford Become Elite in 2013?

Sam Bradford was the 9th highest earner in the nfl last year according to Forbes, this included some higher bloated contracts for brees and manning Sr., who got large bonuses with their new contracts. Love Sam, think/hope he'll be worth that kinda money, just playing devils advocate here, yes he WILL be our qb for the length of his deal, but he WILL have to improve to earn another contract.
    bradwill likes this.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    There are 4 elite QB's in the league and it took them time to aquire the skill and offensive targets to become so. Sam won't be elite next year but Eli Manning and Big Ben aren't elite and they have both won multiple Super Bowls because they had great teams around them. Sam doesn't need to be elite for this team to make the playoffs or win a title so rather than focusing on arbitrary ratings about who is "elite" we should focus on things that actually matter and are achievable.
    Eli Manning has 2 SB rings and was MVP in both victories. If that's not elite, I'm not sure what is. Those Giants' teams weren't that great or loaded with abundant talent either.

John Elway was anointed greatness long before he ever won a SB despite having some very mediocre numbers and a couple of SB games that he played very poorly in and frankly choked, but Sam is going to have take a tougher road due to his huge contract from back in the day before contract sanity arrived in the NFL. His ROI has to get better in a league with a hard salary cap. I think he will but it's not a sure thing at all.
    Last edited by bradwill; -01-20-2013 at 11:24 AM.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bradwill View Post
    Eli Manning has 2 SB rings and was MVP in both victories. If that's not elite, I'm not sure what is. Those Giants' teams weren't that great or loaded with abundant talent either.

John Elway was anointed greatness long before he ever won a SB despite having some very mediocre numbers and a couple of SB games that he played very poorly in and frankly choked, but Sam is going to have take a tougher road due to his huge contract from back in the day before contract sanity arrived in the NFL. His ROI has to get better in a league with a hard salary cap. I think he will but it's not a sure thing at all.
    Perhaps the fact that a rookie QB, who happens to be able to throw, run, and move around in the pocket has just led his team to the 2013 SB is indicative that unless a QB can do all three things he won't lead his team to a SB or become elite in the post pocket-passer NFL.

Trevor is offline Registered User

I'd like to have an Elite team as a whole.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    Perhaps the fact that a rookie QB, who happens to be able to throw, run, and move around in the pocket has just led his team to the 2013 SB is indicative that unless a QB can do all three things he won't lead his team to a SB or become elite in the post pocket-passer NFL.
    Not necessarily true, Tom Brady isn't known to run or move around in the pocket (only on occasion) and he's on the cusp of putting his team in the Super Bowl

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Not necessarily true, Tom Brady isn't known to run or move around in the pocket (only on occasion) and he's on the cusp of putting his team in the Super Bowl
    To quote a former presidential candidate, 'I know Tom Brady and Sam Bradford is no Tom Brady.'
    Vinnie25 likes this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    To quote a former presidential candidate, 'I know Tom Brady and Sam Bradford is no Tom Brady.'
    This is very true. A lot of the hits Bradford took this year would have been roughing the passer if it had been done to brady.

gap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12