throwback week

psycho9985 Guest

Will Stone start at safety

Forget about the designations “free” and “strong” when referring to the Rams’ wide-open safety situation. Head coach Mike Martz now prefers the terms “right safety” and “left safety” and is looking at his players at that position being more interchangeable than in the past. Virtually assured of playing one of the safety positions is Adam Archuleta, who recently said he was “6,000 percent better” physically than last season, when he was significantly hindered by a herniated disc in his back. Archuleta is still limited in organized team activities and remains a long shot to participate at peak efficiency in the Rams’ full-squad minicamp June 3-5. Among the candidates for the other safety spot, word is ex-Cardinal Michael Stone has been impressive in early team activity and is probably the front-runner — for the time being.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: Will Stone start at safety

I think it's too earyl to assume anything. Especially since Atogwe hasn't seen the field yet because of school commitments.

general counsel Guest

i agree 100% double Z. Pure speculation at this point. Personally, i like dave elmendorfs chances. He is in great shape, terrific hands, super instincts to the ball, good mustache, solid special teams play. Cromwell was more talented, but i understand his knees are no longer up to the task.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Hey, check out GC's snazzy new sig! Pretty nice.

psycho9985 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    i agree 100% double Z. Pure speculation at this point. Personally, i like dave elmendorfs chances. He is in great shape, terrific hands, super instincts to the ball, good mustache, solid special teams play. Cromwell was more talented, but i understand his knees are no longer up to the task.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Might as well bring back Jonny Johnson and Rod Perry and resign Robert Delpino as utility back.

general counsel Guest

thanks on the signature Av, i take no credit. Dez and Jason designed and implemented said signature. I do love it and intend to keep it.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ps if rod perry was in shape, i would love to have him back psycho.

psycho9985 Guest

Ya no kidding.I would have added Hacksaw if he hadnt pissed me off by going to the *******.still mad at him for that.Come to think of it so did Coy Bacon,now I'm mad at him all over again. :tongue:

RealRam is offline Registered User

How about No. 21?

'Got a five-time Pro Bowler DB here for our Rams: Eddie Meador, 12 consecutive years with the team. Career 46 INTS as a Ram.

Lot of experience: 1959 thru 1970.

sbramfan Guest

Head coach Mike Martz now prefers the terms “right safety” and “left safety” and is looking at his players at that position being more interchangeable than in the past
    Stick to offense, Mike. There's a reason you are the only one who calls them "right" and "left", instead of free, and strong....

because you don't know what the #)*@$@# you are talking about when it comes to defense. These positions should not be interchangable, and Adam Archuleta should not be a Free Safety.

Please, please, please stick to the offense. Let's see, he's a Dr., and a defense coordinator in his spare time.

LOL!

general counsel Guest

Great call on eddie meador real ram. I have been collecting his cards for years! He is still our all time leader in INT's.

general counsel