Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NJ Ramsfan1

Thread: Will we trade yet again, or, not?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Will we trade yet again, or, not?

I can't help but wonder as I do every year about this time, which players our team's braintrust i.e. Jeff & Les are focused/waiting on that will be available after final cutdown. The fact that we went 2-14 last year puts us near the top of the waiver wire list (I think), so we should have a pretty good shot at any player that gets by Indy. There is also the possibility that given the recent trade with the Jets, we might use the cap money thereby gained to sign a veteran player through yet another trade.

I don't know if there is a disgruntled OT or two somewhere out there in the league, but every year, a few young players step up and allow older and more expensive players to become expendable. (Johnny Hekker and Greg the Leg come to mind.) Given that we have arguably one of the most experienced coaching staffs in the NFL, the many collective "connections/friendships" developed over years might prove beneficial before or immediately after the cut to 53.

Anyone here know of good veteran lineman or two that could become expendable, or is Wayne Hunter going to be as good as it gets for us?

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Re: Will we trade yet again, or, not?

In light of the Vernon Gholston and Wayne Hunter signings, we'll be reaching out to Mark Gastineau sometime in the next couple of days to give us some depth at the defensive end position.
    live4ramin likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Will we trade yet again, or, not?

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Anyone here know of good veteran lineman or two that could become expendable, or is Wayne Hunter going to be as good as it gets for us?

If he is, we're screwed. He's worse than Smith. Barry Richardson is already a liability. Our line really needs talent that produces on the field.