LA Rammer is online now Registered User

Will a Win vs Seahawks...

Will a win vs the Seahawks really prove that we are a legit Superbowl contender? Who's to say that after thier 3-1 start they start to feel the effects of "Superbowl Hangover" and completly flop. I don't really think we would even know what the seasquawks are until week 8-10. If I remember correctly there was one year when San Diego started 5-0 and didn't even make the playoffs. We probably won't get a true opportunity to measure ourselves until we play San Diego.

Chicago put their foot down on the back of thier neck until they squawked like little pigeons. Don't look now but this division could look like this:

1. Rams
    2. Whiners
    3. Squawks
    4. Tards

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Re: Will a Win vs Seahawks...

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Will a win vs the Seahawks really prove that we are a legit Superbowl contender?
    [ . . . ]
    Chicago put their foot down on the back of thier neck until they squawked like little pigeons.
    If we won convincingly over the 'hawks, I believe that it would mean that we are in a weaker division. We have some big gaps to fill, red zone offense is still not there, special teams is improved but erratic, defense ditto.

To be a potential Super bowl team we have to hang with the Bears on Monday night when we play them. I like what I've seen (except the sf game of course), but the retooling is not complete.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Will a win vs the Seahawks really prove that we are a legit Superbowl contender? Who's to say that after thier 3-1 start they start to feel the effects of "Superbowl Hangover" and completly flop. I don't really think we would even know what the seasquawks are until week 8-10. If I remember correctly there was one year when San Diego started 5-0 and didn't even make the playoffs. We probably won't get a true opportunity to measure ourselves until we play San Diego.

Chicago put their foot down on the back of thier neck until they squawked like little pigeons. Don't look now but this division could look like this:

1. Rams
    2. Whiners
    3. Squawks
    4. Tards
    This is a tough one to respond to. But, here goes...

Are we a Superbowl contender if we beat the Seahawks? Well, quite frankly, the fact that we're at 4-1, currently qualifies us as one of the best teams in the NFC and would get us into the playoffs, which is a "qualification" for the Superbowl, IF the season ended today. So, we're currently a "Superbowl contender", by definition. Unfortunately, the season doesn't end today, so its a moot point. Using that philosophy, beating the Hawks doesn't automatically qualify us for the same reasons. It's only one game in a season of 16. Beating the Chargers will add to our contender status only because it adds a "W" to the win/loss column. However, it would change a few peoples view of the Rams... Hmmmm, not sure if that was an answer. LOL!!!

Will the Hawks feel a Superbowl hangover and completley flop? Not a chance. They may not finish with another 13-3 record, but a complete flop? No way. They have too much talent, they have yet to play the Whiners (twice) and still have the Cards again as well as the Faiders, Vikings, Packers and Bucs. Win those, and they've got at least 10 wins and should make the playoffs.

Rams
    Whiners
    Squawks
    Tards
    ????

Uh, no. I don't see the Whiners finishing ahead of the Hawks. Based on what? Wishful thinking? LOL!! Since we all have pretty much the same opponents on our schedule, with one exception in each case, I believe, there's no real advantage, or disadvantage to any team, but the Hawks are a much better team.

As far as Chicago putting their foot down on the Hawks neck and... Well, Chicago has been doing that to a lot of teams. I wouldn't say too much about that because the Rams have da Bears on our schedule as well, and we have them on MNF! So, it's quite possible that we'll be getting our neck stepped on in front of a nationwide audience! :\

Anyway, I hope we continue our winning ways and the Hawks open the door for us just a bit wider. It's possible, ain't it?
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

No, I don't think so. It would mean that we have an increased likelihood of a playoff spot ecause of the divisional implications but would say nothing about how far we might go if we got there.

I feel that we've made great strides since last season on defence, special teams, the running game and team morale and it's this rather than the elusive quality of fortune that has got us to where we are now. Long may it continue, and I think that it'll be good for at least another four wins, but I don't think that a victory over a Seahawks team that have issues of their own will say any more about us. Let's not forget it's a home game into the bargain.

A victory would give us momentum going into a tough sequence on our schedule. Prior to the season our schedule was considered to be tied for 15th in the league in terms of difficulty, and it's these next 5 games that will be the acid test for this team. I would consider the five game stretch as a whole as more of an indicator than the Hawks game on it's own. rb's thread goes into that in more detail, so there's no need for me to go on about it here.

Shoud we lose the game, then how we respond to that loss will be really interesting to see after the emotional highs of the last two games. That will really give us a picture of where the team is at and how far we may go.

I put whiners second for insult and by means of your argument neither are the bears a superbowl contender YET.

Squawk flop? I hope so I don't like em' they're rival. As for talent that doesn't mean everything, case: Yankees.

As for Chicago putting thier foot on us, I can't believe you said that!!! Our "d" vs Denver was great and with them back and our offense getting its issues
    resolved, I like our chances.

I think your loyalties need alittle fight in it for Sundays game. I'm not superstitious, I will talk and it will not determine the outcome.

GO Rams!!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

A win against the Seahawks would not prove we are a Super Bowl contender. It would prove we're capable of beating a good team and that we're not the doormats we were predicted to be, nothing more.

C'mon Everyone Lets Have A Little Fight And Go Into This Game With High Spirits!!! Lets Be Optimistic And Not Concede Yet! A Lot Of Football Left To Be Played!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris