rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Will Witherspoon At MLB

Now there are going to be some true MLB in this years free agent. would we sign one of them like: Karlos Dansby, Ray Lewis, Bart Scott...and many more just to name a few...do we have the money ...or do Will Witherspoon have the position Locked up!....I would personaly like it if they put him back at OLB and put and a true Dog in the Middle!

Mooselini Guest

Re: Will Witherspoon At MLB

I'm personally all for drafting Maulauga or Lauranitis. Have a young guy come in and have the spot for many years. These guys are both MLB's.

Witherspoon - draftee- Tinoisamoa.

We can always switch Culberson and Draft into the mix also. Along with Long and Little playing alittle bit of LB too.

Having Dansby would be nice. But we need to resign a few players this offseason. And if Tye Hill doesn't work out, we should definately look into some CB help in the offseason.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    Now there are going to be some true MLB in this years free agent. would we sign one of them like: Karlos Dansby, Ray Lewis, Bart Scott...and many more just to name a few...do we have the money ...or do Will Witherspoon have the position Locked up!....I would personaly like it if they put him back at OLB and put and a true Dog in the Middle!
    Dansby is actually an OLB. Can Scott play a 4-3 MIKE? Can Lewis play a 4-3 MIKE w/o the double Nose (Siragusa & Adams) he had before they went to the 3-4?

Still question marks even in FA.

However, I'm not sure that we even want to move Spoon. Why fix one of the few things that "ain't broke"? I admit I am intrigued by Maulauga. I think he could be a superstar and someone a defense can be built around. Not to mention, I would think Haslett might drool over a hard-nosed banger like that.

But I just don't know that moving Spoon out of the middle is where this defense needs to be focused right now.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

If the Rams could get a big name mlb that would be great, but I tend to agree with Moose. I'm much more inclined to think that the Rams should look to find youth at the position... and not in the 7th round like this past draft. makes better money sense to go that way too.

a solid mlb draftee that could back up Spoon & work the middle with him in 3-4 formats next season would be a great... that would also leave the free agent money available for a proven safety or cb.

...that being said; there's something intriguing about bringing in a guy like Ray Lewis. I'm not so sure at his age he'd be worth the huge pile of money he'd demand, but there's something to be said about his ability to make the guys around him play harder and 10 times better every game and on every play. that type of fire and intensity could turn an average D like the Rams into a dominant one.
    Last edited by KoaKoi; -10-24-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: window dressing...

Revelstoke Guest

Why are we even still asking this question? WW has proven over and over again that he can play and play very well in the middle, lets fix a real problem like the OL! Leave WW in the middle!!!

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Revelstoke View Post
    Why are we even still asking this question? WW has proven over and over again that he can play and play very well in the middle, lets fix a real problem like the OL! Leave WW in the middle!!!
    Uhhh, we have the next to last run D in the NFL. Large inpart of the Mike
    back position. Whitherspoon olb with out a doubt.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

REVELSTOKE....because witherspoon is more of a (SHOE STRING TACKLER) to RB/FB...and we need somebody that will be ran arounded...Not ran threw!!!!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

If Witherspoon is working in the middle, why are we near last in the NFL in defense? We have to change something, why not start here?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I say draft a MLB, and move Witherspoon outside. Witherspoon is more fit to be on the outside anyways. We need a big, in your face-going to hit you hard type of MLB.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

First of all there is no way in Hell Rey Lewis is leaving Baltimore and if he did why the hell would he come hear. Lets get real we are a couple years away and he just doesn't have that time. Bart Scott is the same size as Spoon if not smaller he is not a MLB in a 4-3 either. Karlos dansby and Channing Crowder are guys who may be interesting becasue they are younger thumpers.

In the beginning of the year I was all for Mauluga as a USC fan. With the re-emergence of Pisa i see no need to move Spoon when they are both doing well. Where we really might need help is the Sam position if anything. We need an enforcer there if anywhere to compliment Spoon and Pisa. If we miss out on Monroe, Oher, or Smith I say jump all over a guy like Aaron Curry or Brian Cushing. IMO Aaron Curry has been the linebacker this year. He has been way more productive than Maulugua and Lauranitis combined. Another guy to look at as Clint Sintim of Virginia in the second round. He is a straigght up beast and a perfect Sam backer

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

i dont think the fact that our d is almost dead last is all because WW is in the middle...

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    If Witherspoon is working in the middle, why are we near last in the NFL in defense? We have to change something, why not start here?
    We are near last because Linehan coached this team for four games ....

Other than the end of the 4th when the Cowboys gained some yards on the ground, they had 69 yards rushing for the game up to that point on 3.8 YPC.

quebecramsfan is offline Registered User

Smile Re: Will Witherspoon At MLB

WW is a really good MLB, but i think he is one of the best OLB in this league. If the rams can had a other good and young MLB, it will be just crazy to see this defense make a big play.