coy bacon is offline Registered User

Will ya guys stop!

Please,
    Enough of the bash Bernie rhetoric. It's almost as bad as the Warner rhetoric.

He's just a sports writer, he's just a journalist. Don't hold high standards for them; they're incapable of meeting those standards. Then when they fail, you bash them. That's like trying to expect Bill Clinton to behave himself in a room full of young ladies. It just can't happen.

I'm willing to bet that many of the football men on this forum have way more knowledge, and insight, into the Rams than the professional writers possess. To you guys, it is a passion, to them, it is a job. They make phone calls, surf the web, read the wires, then put out some new, but generalized info. You guys do the analysis.

Of course you should expect the journalists to get key interviews, and even exert some pressure on the Ram's org. So what? That doesn't mean that these guys are able to talk on your level.

Once you guys realize that these journalists are inferior to you, w/r to actual Ram's knowledge, you'll no longer feel the need to bash em. The frequent tripe that journalists posit is not worth a response, and deserves no degree of credibility. Take everything they write with a grain of salt.

Now,
    A real smart move would be to have Nick, GC, AV, Tx, and maybe a few others, work together on an article related to the Ram's. That would be worth reading and listening to.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will ya guys stop!

Why should we accept mediocrity?

The truth is, I could easily do Bernie's job better than he has, but then, who'd represent my clients? Certainly not Bernie.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Don't accept mediocrity, but don't expect steak from McDonalds.
    Yes, you, or Nick, or GC, would probably be better than Bernie.

How's about you guys putting your heads together and colaborate on a project? Instead of the 60 second sound bites I bet you guys could put together something substantial.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Well, to stay with your analogy...

I could make a better burger than McDonalds, but I don't have the time to:

1. Raise the cow;
    2. Slaughter the cow;
    3. Butcher the cow;
    4. Grind the meat; and
    5. Make the burger.

So, I will simply try to get McDonald's to make a better burger, or go to another burger maker.