AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Will you feel silly...and will you admit it?

All of you who have ripped Orlando Pace and screamed for him to be traded...

Will you feel a bit silly when he signs a long term deal this week?

And will you admit it?

Just wondering.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: Will you feel silly...and will you admit it?

I claimed he should be traded if he doesn't sign a long-term deal. I still stand by that.

But if he signs a long-term deal I will gladly add an Orlando Pace 8x10 to my Rams room. I've been waiting to see if he'd be a Ram past 2004.

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

It is not a matter of silliness.

Pace is an all-Pro - Hall of Famer...no doubt.

BUT, can the Rams afford him? NE does it w/o $8MM O-lineman, so it can be done.

I just think it's time go a different direction. I also am somewhat concerned about OPs performance in the last game in Atlanta. OP nearly got Marc declared a federal disaster area.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaRamFan
    BUT, can the Rams afford him? NE does it w/o $8MM O-lineman, so it can be done.
    The Patriots run our exact offensive scheme without an expensive left tackle? That's news to me.

Also, New England's starting left tackle, Matt Light, accepted a six-year contract extension this fall worth $27 million, including a $9 million signing bonus. That's certainly not in the Pace category, but Light isn't as talented as Pace, and the money he accepted certainly isn't chump change.

Just something to keep in mind.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I won't feel silly either way. He has played hard to get for years now and I lose interest in players that do not want to be on the team.

I would prefer to see him traded at this point. He is very high priced and I have not been all that impressed with his performance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Well if he signs a long-term deal with the Rams that tells me he does want to be part of the team. If we can lock him up for 5 or 6 years at the LT spot, that's one position we won't have to worry about for a long time.

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Nick: You make my point. I would take a solid taclke like NE for say $4-5MM and still have another $3-4MM for Free Agency.

Aslo, the NE offense is dependent on pass protection, there shemes see different - I'll give you that.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    Well if he signs a long-term deal with the Rams that tells me he does want to be part of the team. If we can lock him up for 5 or 6 years at the LT spot, that's one position we won't have to worry about for a long time.
    You are right ZigZag, a long term deal would show some commitment from Pace, and that would be nice, but it is no guarantee that he would remain healthy and avoid injuries. Injuries have a way of changing the future and you don't need to look very far to see Turley out of the game, not quite sitting on the bench, but not playing for sure.

Can someone tell me, what does a normal contract look like for the O line guys? Do they ususally sign long term contacts? How long does an O line guy last in the league? What is the average age? Is Pace in his prime now?

Sometimes it is just easier and quicker to ask you guys, when I don't know football stats and history and contract information. My football knowledge is limited and you guys know a lot about football.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

fearlessone is offline Registered User

IMHO we need to keep him and do I have to remind anyone that Kyle Turley played LT for the pathetic 'aints (played decent for the most part) when Willie Roaf got run off by the a$$hole$ in that org. and he has been a PB'er every season too after hooking up with Vermeil. Roaf is probably 6 to 7 years older than Pace and is a perennial PB participant so an investment into Pace could be worth it. Ask Trent Green, Priest Holmes and Tony Gonzalez if they dig Roaf's presence on their O-line!!!!

I would hate to see Pace star somewhere else in our conference and see Turley in a RAMS uni @ LT

Give him the money and move on! We have a defense to build and some other areas on the O-line to enhance!
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

rampower is offline Registered User

Why should one feel silly for offering up their opinion?

Based upon the information we have now and from the past, it is not surprising that many feel upset with pace, dont you think?

I would be a little suprised, but silly, or stupid, as an opinion is just that, an opinion.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Opinion or not, I never said to trade the best Tackle in Football! Hope they can work a deal quick!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Skynyrd is offline Registered User

I'm with ziggy, utterblitz, and rampower on this one. I'm not going to feel silly either way. My only complaint with Pace has been his refusal all these years to be a team player and what that has cost us in terms of lost player personnel. All the parameters are in place for Orlando to PROVE that he's out for someone other then just Orlando. He has an agent, there's Walter Jones' contract to use as a guideline, and March 2nd looms. Now's your chance Orlando. Peace