throwback week

rams_man13 Guest

Willie Parker Going To Visit Rams

According to Adam Schefter: "Steelers free agent RB Willie Parker is scheduled to visit the Rams on Thursday and Friday. Parker already has visited with the Redskins."

I wouldn't mind this signing for the right price, he's proven he can be a pretty good RB under a decent o-line. He's 29, but has only had 1,200 carries in his career, so that's not to bad either.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Willie Parker Going To Visit Rams

It doesn't seem like Fast Willy has been the same since Will Witherpoon broke his leg on a Thursday night game a couple years ago.

But I would be all for it, I was hoping for a big name running back ala LT, Westbrook, or Thomas Jones, but Parker should make for a good one two punch.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I like it. Fast Willie could still be productive in a backup role, and should be a decent stopgap at backup RB for now. Drafting Jackson's backup would be nice, but I'd rather spend our second and third round picks on guys who could step in and start for us.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

In 06 and 07 he had monster seasons workload wise. It is routinely commented upon that if a RB gets more than 300 carries, he's probably more vulnerable. Willie was definitely beaten down. With two years of spot duty and being looked at as a fill-in type player, Willie would be a tremendous pick up.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Not so fast Willie is welcome to sign elsewhere. I think we can find a youg rb in the draft to fill the backup spot on this team. He's proven but you can tell the guy has slowed down. Is Parker really an upgrade over Pittman at this point in his career? I'm not sure he is and I think the rams can fill the backup spot through the draft.
    Just Fix It

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i dont mind signing Parker as long as he isnt guaranteed a back up job, and provided we still add a back up RB in the draft

the backups we had to Jackson last year werent up to scratch at all, having Parker and a rookie compete would improve the situation compared to last year

shower beers is offline Registered User

I see a lot of Steeler games (unfortunately) where I live, and he just doesn't seem to have much left. Mendenhall is clearly outperforming him at this point, and he isn't making the cuts or showing the speed that made him a household name. I hope we pass on him.

Warner4prez Guest

I don't see the harm in this at all. Ogbanana played well the last game or two of the year; we resigned Darby apparently, but if Jackson goes down they'd benefit from having a more experienced vet to take some snaps. Besides, 5 different backs seems to work out well for the Ravens.
    Last edited by Warner4prez; -03-19-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Gramaticality

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

I hope this deal goes down. it would be like a thunder and lightning combo. Jaxx provides the power, and Willie provides the speed. Apparently we just resigned Darby though, so hopefully that doesn't have an affect on this deal. We need a legit RB who can back Jackson up in case his back acts up again. C'mon STL, make the right move!