Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1980RAMS is offline Registered User

Wish we had a good WR.....

We need a good WR and games like this hurt even more when Sam doesn't have a go to guy.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: Wish we had a good WR.....

There is always next year bud. But when aj green doesn't meet the 4 pillars do we draft him?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 1980RAMS View Post
    We need a good WR and games like this hurt even more when Sam doesn't have a go to guy.
    Exactly....

If Avery and/or Clayton were healthy Laurent Robinson wouldn't even see the field. He'll probably be gone after this season is over. I don't know what happened but this guy isn't who we thought he was.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Yeah it kills me to see a guy like Amendola have to fight through a double team to get open. What other team in the NFL, if Amendola played for them, would he receive such attention from opposing defenses? He's playing amazingly well through that anyway. He's tied for 7th in the league in catches, but could you imagine how much he'd tear up the middle of the field if he wasn't our #1 threat, but actually getting to play his slot role that he's built for? I'd wager we win this game if we'd picked up Moss.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    I'd wager we win this game if we'd picked up Moss.
    Shhh... staying with the four pillars principle is much more important than wins.

DeaconJ is offline Registered User

Is Gilyard still learning the playbook? Will somebody tell Gibson which way to run when he snags the ball NEAR the first down marker?
    Stay tuned for the on-going adventures of 'Where are the Rams wide receivers?'
    Last edited by DeaconJ; -11-15-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Let's stop with the 4 pillar bashing. Its been rumored that Moss wouldn't have played for us if we would have taken him anyway. Just because it looks good by name doesn't mean crap. One team put in a claim for Moss, I wonder why.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    Shhh... staying with the four pillars principle is much more important than wins.
    Yea, and he clearly made a major impact in the Titans winning their...oh wait.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I hope Donnie Avery gets another year on this team. I still think he can be the deep threat we're missing. Him, combined with possession guys like Amendola and Clayton, plus the #1 receiver we all wish we draft....our WR core could be very exiting next season.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Yea, and he clearly made a major impact in the Titans winning their...oh wait.
    Yeah, and clearly you can evaluate a FA's impact that's been with a team one week.

Anyway, lets not argue over moot issues. Moss probably would not have come to STL if claimed anyway.

My argument is, could the four pillars philosophy possibly be causing Rams Park to pass on players that could make an immediate impact like T. Owens, V. Jackson, or M. Vick (before what we knew about Bradford)?
    Last edited by SavageRam; -11-15-2010 at 04:55 PM.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I think people are just assuming the reason we're passing on these free agents is because of Spag's four pillar philosophy. It could be any number of reasons in each case. (outrageous trade/contract demands, desire to come to St. Louis, etc.)

Let's try to give our front office the credit they deserve so far, which has been producing hits much more frequently than misses at this point.

thatguy Guest

Where would the Rams be without Danny Amendola? He is the only healthy reliable WR Bradford has right. I think it is likely that he is going to get a new long term contract at the end of the season so it will be nice to have a consistent target locked up for Bradford for a while. Mark Clayton will probably get a new contract as well. As for Green I think because of his talent, Devaney should strongly consider trading up for him. I'm not exactly sure who in the bottom 5 would really need a WR (maybe panthers but they have other needs to) as their biggest priority. He may end up falling closer to 6 or 7th. He is everything that this offense needs right now and he is probably one of the best WR prospects in a while imo. The Rams don't have a WR that can break tackles because of his size. They need a WR who can fight for the first down. Green is a huge vertical threat not just because of his size but because of his ability to layout and get the ball. I feel confident that the Rams could be the most dominant in this decade if they get Green
    Last edited by thatguy; -11-15-2010 at 05:04 PM.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    Yeah, and clearly you can evaluate a FA's impact that's been with a team one week.
    My only point remaining would be if he didn't have an impact for the Titans in game 1, why would he have had an impact for us in game 1 then?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    There is always next year bud. But when aj green doesn't meet the 4 pillars do we draft him?
    Whether or not Green is a boy scout is irrelevant to the conversation since Carolina will have drafted him before us anyway.

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

We need a WR Sooooo Bad..... Trying out Moss couldn't have hurt our chances.. But i wont beat a dead horse... cause its definitely dead...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast