Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Witherspoon "Caught Off-Guard" By Trade; Will Start At MLB In Philly

He may be hyped up with the change of scenery. Also, he played the Redskins once this year already.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    He may be hyped up with the change of scenery. Also, he played the Redskins once this year already.
    Yeah, going from the Rams to a good team was the best Christmas present Witherspoon could have ever dreamed of. I wonder if the Eagles don't realize he's "not a natural MLB" and should be on the weak side?

RAMTUFF99 is offline Registered User

It just seems par for the course at this point.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    a sack a forced fumble and a pick six..shows he didnt totally lose the talent he hasnt shown us for the last 2 seasons..

just shows to me that he was coasting with us when we needed a vet leader and im still glad we got rid of him.
    Gibson is yet to play and nobody has an idea who we gonna draft or trade for with that 5th round pick..but either way..spoon didnt seem interested in BRINGING IT with US anymore so regardless of what he does now with the Eagles the decision to trade him will remain the correct one for US!
    Actually, it shows how pathetic our defensive line is. He has a much better defensive line in front of him in Philly to keep the OL occupied and off him, freeing him up to make plays. He hasn't had that in St. Louis.

The jury is still out on whether we got jobbed in this deal. Gibson can't be all that good if he hadn't seen any play in the regular season for Philly and the injuries they had a wide receiver. At least he is young and supposedly was coachable during preseason. I'm just disappointed that the Rams couldn't of put together some other trades to address more of our concerns in addition to our receiver corp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Actually, it shows how pathetic our defensive line is. He has a much better defensive line in front of him in Philly to keep the OL occupied and off him, freeing him up to make plays. He hasn't had that in St. Louis.

The jury is still out on whether we got jobbed in this deal. Gibson can't be all that good if he hadn't seen any play in the regular season for Philly and the injuries they had a wide receiver. At least he is young and supposedly was coachable during preseason. I'm just disappointed that the Rams couldn't of put together some other trades to address more of our concerns in addition to our receiver corp.
    We tried to trade you for the mascot of the Buffalo Bills, but withdrew the offer when drug testing was demanded before terms could be finalized.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Phew....I was worried there for a minute. I thought they would want to gender test! You heard what happened to my adopted sister?
    Last edited by bigredman; -10-27-2009 at 12:02 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Unbelievable....Witherspoon playing great week 1 with another team. Was he not trying for us? I don't get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Or maybe the effort was missing when he was playing here? When he played this season for us he sure as hell wasnt around the ball anywhere near as much as he was during his first few seasons and during the game last night

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Please...the ball is tipped up in the air right into his hands and he's 5 yards from the goal line.

Most people on this board could have made that play.

Give it a rest.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Please...the ball is tipped up in the air right into his hands and he's 5 yards from the goal line.

Give it a rest.
    I agree. Easy play.

But did you watch the rest of the game? I watched the whole game and he really was lights out all day - constantly on the move always closing in on the ballcarrier for the tackle, blitzing very well too. I think he led the Eagles in tackles and he sure looked good every time I watched him.

I agree with what some have been saying that he didn't play as well for us this year as he did in say 2007 - but he wasn't bad either, just solid. He didn't have much help when he was on our team either - bad D-line unable to keep the blockers occupied, little to no pass-rush from the D-line to speak of, apart from Laurinaitis no one else among the LB's was making plays either. But with a little support from the other parts of the D he suddenly shines.

He just turned 29 and at his worst he is still a very solid LB - worst case he's the 2nd best LB we have (behind Laurinaitis), best case he's #1. I sure would have preferred to keep him around and try to build up some of the other missing pieces in our defense instead of creating yet another hole to fill in next year's draft. If we had added a good NT next year I don't see why he couldn't play like he is playing for the Eagles for us for the next 4 years or so while we try to rebuild.

We just made it harder for ourselves to end the 17-game losing streak.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I, for one, am happy for the guy. During his time here, he did everything that was asked of him and earned his money. I have no reason but to hope he finds success in Philly. Hopefully, the Rams will benefit from the trade as well.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I, for one, am happy for the guy. During his time here, he did everything that was asked of him and earned his money. I have no reason but to hope he finds success in Philly. Hopefully, the Rams will benefit from the trade as well.

We got something for him as opposed to the nothing we would have got if we released him at the end of the year.

Lets assume that he did the same thing playing for us against Indy as he did for Philly. Lets assume the pass that was batted down to him that he returns for an Int was one on an Indy drive that would have gone for an Indy TD. That reverts the final score to 35 - 13. Then lets also assume his sack and forced fumble which was recovered by Philly also stops an Indy scoring drive. 28 - 13, Rams still lose.

I know this is a highly derivative way of looking at this, but i doubt even if Witherspoon was playing against Indy it would have made a difference

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post

Give it a rest.
    It certainly wasn't the most difficult play to make, but he still read it, reacted quickly to make the interception, and ran it into the endzone. It was a good play that a good NFL player should make. How many times have we seen our defensive players flat out drop gimme interceptions? If I was a Philly fan, I'd be ecstatic about my new MLB.

As far as the difference in his play as an Eagle as opposed to a Ram? Change of venue, playing for a winner, having a better supporting cast and getting a fresh start all most likely play into the equation.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

He did more than catching a popped up ball and taking it in. He also got a sack with a fumble and lots of pressure during the game. I was surprised to see his name so often.

I wish him well on a new team, but it hurts to see him doing so well right away on a different team. It's makes me wonder if we have our defensive act together. Do we have the right coaches, the right calls being made, the right defensive coordinator in place? Are the players motivated? Are all of these losses taking their toll on the team?

I know we have many new players and many new coaches and it takes time, but how much time and how many blowouts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eldfan is offline Registered User

Hoping the rams has not become the abyss of the NFL players leave become much better on other teams.
    :ramlogo:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast