RamWraith is offline Registered User

Word has it; Turley

Scuttle butt around the net is that Turley took a physical yesterday for the team and failed, hence the reason will be for his cut today. This is good news for Rams fan, as it is much cheaper to pay him an injury settlement than his salary.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Word has it; Turley

more:

Steve Savard of KMOV TV in St. Louis reports the St. Louis Rams plan to release offensive tackle Kyle Turley tomorrow due to a failed physical.
    Advertisment

Turley had back surgery in March of 2004 and was placed on injured reserve for the 2004 season. He had a heated argument with Rams coach Mike Martz who called NFL security after Turley allegedly threatened him.

Turley has lost a significant amount of weight while rehabbing and said he wanted to come back as a defensive end instead of an offensive tackle.

general counsel Guest

Re: Word has it; Turley

I would love confirmation on the difference cap wise. Turleys salary for this year was not guaranteed i dont believe, so i dont know if it saves us any actual cash. I dont really care about the cash, ownership has plenty of money, i only care about the cap hit. The cap hit is spread over two years since he was cut after june 1. The real issue is whether the failed physical has any impact on either

1) whether we get any cap relief (which i doubt since injuries are part of the game) or
    2) whether we have a stronger position in arbitration with turley when we try to get some of the bonus money back, which would provide us with cap relief.

ramming speed to all

general counsel