Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The worst movie ever

I remember going to see a movie once. I thought it was going to be great.

So, the movie starts, and there is a scene where this guy is sitting in a car drinking some alcoholic beverage. He's loading a gun, and it looks like he's going to go and shoot someone. Then, he changes his mind, and nothing happens.

I got up and walked out. Why should I waste my time with some movie where nothing happens! Same old crap I've seen before! I'm not going to waste my time with that kind of nonsense.

I told a friend about what happened, and he suggested that I should have stayed around to see how the movie ended. Apparently, the story develops and tells an intriguing story of an innocent man in prison for the better part of his life, followed by a daring escape.

Bah, I said! I'm not about to waste my time if the first scene isn't exactly what I expected. I can tell right away how things will turn out without sticking around to the finish.

Not sure why I felt the need to tell this story right about now.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: The worst movie ever

So your trying to relate this story to the Rams dreadful start to free agency? I'm sticking around as I have for the better partof my life being a Rams fan. However, this team should be at least trying to look active. They should be trying to show the fans they want to improve. If this is any sign of new ownership and how things will be run then that is pathetic. The worst thing is Feely could have been had at any time during free agency, he wasnt exactly a hot commodity that was being sought after by dozens of franchises. Now I hear Hank Baskett is on the radar? Are we building a team of scrubs? There are probably 20 wr's that can be had throughout the draft that can beat out Baskett for a roster spot, maybe more than twenty. One of our best defensive players is being dangled like a pair of dirty undershorts on a clothes line. Why this team is handling Atogwe without tagging him with compenstaion is beyond stupid. Wait it wasnt stupid it saved 5 million and that freed up space for the ever fantastic Feely.
    Just Fix It

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

sounds like something a preacher would say somehow..tho i got the messege..

i do think a lot of fans get so excited through hope about stuff like F.A,the draft..the start of the season season etc..that the young boys or girls come out in us and its like christmas ..so we start to think oh maybe we`ll get a new flashy bike (Marshall) or an air rifle(Dansby) then when we end up opening our first present and see a pair of sensible shoes (Feely) we think ok but wheres our proper presents? nobody wants shoes over flashy toys (ok so maybe about 18 of my ex`s would disagree with that..)..but shoes is what we need more than flashy toys.

folks have been irate over us not making a big money splash..but as theres not that many worth splashing big money on this year and virtually all of those probably wouldnt come to us..what would y`all prefer they did..blow another 30 mill on another Drew Bennett..perhaps another Claibourne,Sehorn etc.. because those are the type of players im seeing currently on the UFA list...more will become available tho,is just a case of waiting for the well to fill up from a slight drizzle..it will happen eventually just sit back relax and enjoy the foreplay.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Not sure why I felt the need to tell this story right about now.
    You're just covering yourself.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I watched a movie once, and all through it I kept thinking that the story was pretty good, and there was this one guy who did a great job with his role, but he couldn't carry the film alone. If they just would have gotten a better supporting cast and paid for halfway decent effects, it could have been a really good movie. Instead, it was a wonder I even stumbled across it. Eventually that actor and the directors of that film went on separately to have greater success in their careers, but not with that low budget production company.

Now I was just watching that movie on Netflix. When I'm going to buy a ticket at the theater, I usually check to see who is going to be in it first.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I really do not get what people are so upset about. What big stars should we have gone after the last two days? Peppers? Taylor? Boldin (as if Cardinals would ever have traded him to a divisional foe)?

Until now I have only seen desperate teams with desperate coaches overpay old guys hoping that they can fix their teams with a short term fix.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    I really do not get what people are so upset about. What big stars should we have gone after the last two days? Peppers? Taylor? Boldin (as if Cardinals would ever have traded him to a divisional foe)?

Until now I have only seen desperate teams with desperate coaches overpay old guys hoping that they can fix their teams with a short term fix.
    Thank you!!!

Every "big name" guy that has been signed has been drastically overpaid and cost teams big in terms of money and draft picks. What were the Rams supposed to do? You want them to go bankrupt and waste picks on 30 year old players? Give me one big name FA (that isn't over 31) that we could have had without overspending in terms of money or draft picks. Just think sensibly people. ONly thing I'm not thrilled that FO did is give Feeley a 3 mill contract, but that just lets me know they plan on starting Feeley and having a rookiee quarterback rotate in late in games all year. They are basically paying him to take the lumps and be the mentor and knowing this without complaining.

So if you think the Rams FO is just so stupid (without really knowing what they have planned) then just go somewhere else. Let's be logical in our debates instead of flying off the deep end every tiem something happens that we don't understand...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Hey if you want Spags to cook the dinner at least give him a chance to pick/buy the groceries.

The worst movie I ever saw was SUPERBOWL XXXVI.

TheRammer Guest

Um you need to move this thread as it is not pertaining to the 2009 season or anything with football...

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Who walks out of movies, seriously?

And more importantly, how does this pertain to St. Louis Rams football?

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

TheRammer and Fett......you have to be joking....tell me you realize this is a parody of the Rams and people complaining about FA...

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Fettmaster and TheRammer, please tell me you're kidding. It's an allegory...a parable...a metaphor...you know a story with a hidden meaning....

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I didn't get it, but I do now.

Still lame though.

peramoure is offline Registered User

Great metaphor. Try this one.

I went to a movie and on the poster there was Brad Pitt, front and center. The movie was going to be awesome. It was directed by Scorcese and it was supposed to be his return to brilliance! It had been so long since he made a movie and everyone was excited.

Unfortunately, due to poor planning and lack of insight, the casting crew actually cast Brad Pitt in a small role as a clerk, and gave the lead role to Carrot Top. Carrot Top, as you might have guessed, got a crap ton of money and had been awful his whole career, but eh, who cares. It's Carrot Top, and he might have had potential back in the day.

I understand your metaphor - and I'm only joking. I do have a passionate hate for AJ Feeley when we have internal contracts to deal with. Just so ya know.

And seriously. Hehe. How did y'all not gather that it was a comparison to the free agency period.

Also, Avenger, if the movie sucks at the end, it still sucks. ;-) Just saying.
    Last edited by peramoure; -03-06-2010 at 09:39 PM.

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Who walks out of movies, seriously?

And more importantly, how does this pertain to St. Louis Rams football?
    exactly I DEMAND THIS THREAD BE MOVED OR DELETED!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast