2 3.39%
  • Martz fails to go for win vs. Panthers in playoffs

18 30.51%
  • Other (list below)

2 3.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Worst Ram Blunder

In the wake of Tony Romo's monumental fumble, I wonder... what is the worst gaffe by a Ram?

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Re: Worst Ram Blunder

Could have selected any of them,but went for Martz sitting on the ball against Carolina and playing for OT.We had just got the momentum back in our favor yet we let the Panthers' off the hook..When your opponent is down you don't let them get back up,you knock them out! I knew that we would lose in OT,had the feeling we missed the boat..And it went against all that Martz stood for(An aggressive offenseive minded playcaller)..:l

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I went with the Az fumble vs Saints. We were going to the Superbowl that year and would have won it!!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Jimmie Everett is one of my favorite past Rams players. We have his autograph and he kindly posed with my then 8 yr. old son at Rams park in L.A. the day after a win Vs. Lions, 1988.

Speaking of a memorable gaffe, however, that "earthquake drill" in Friskies city is probably one of the most infamous in our Rams history. That was my vote.

I'm just glad he kind of made up for it on TV against Romo the Jerk.
    Last edited by RealRam; -01-08-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Content

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I ain't sayin' Captain Kurt lost the SB for us, there's plenty of blame to go around (and praise for what turned out to be a very solid Patriot team)......BUT that pick was a killer.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I voted "other", although all of those mentioned were tough to take.

I still remember Vince Ferragamo throwing a pick in the fourth quarter of Superbowl XIV against the heavily-favored Steelers. The Steelers had just taken the lead, 24-19 when Vince threw the pick after driving from our own 16 yard line down to the Steelers 31 yard line, with only 8 minutes to play. It was a killer, especially since Waddy was wide open on the play, but Vince never saw him.

After that, the Steelers completed a long 45 yard pass and then scored again after a controversial pass-interference call that put them on the 1-yard line. The final score of 31-19 wasn't a true indicator of how close the Rams were in winning their first Superbowl.

I still remember exactly were I was, and how awful it felt when the final 6 or 7 minutes of that game expired. The underpowered Rams had the mighty Steelers beat, and we let them off the hook. :\
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

PARamfan is offline Registered User

I too picked the Martz "poking his head in the sand" call to go for the tie instead of the win.I think we let almost a full minute burn off the clock so we had plenty of time to run a few plays and STILL kick the FG if they were unsuccessful.
    This was our last great chance at a SB win as I have no doubt the Rams would have gone to Philly and beat them as CAR did and we would have had our shot at redemption against the Patsies.
    One last note we would have had a 13-3 record and home field if not for an unprepared and uninspired week 17 performance vs. Detroit.
    Ilay this loss at the feet of our former commander due to the fact that in his arrogance he never seemed to give the opponent the respect their due.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I'd have to throw in the squib kick that Martz called against the Saints after we had fought back to take the lead and had the game all but sewn up. I believe this happened early in the 2005 season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Not exactly sure if it qualifies as a blunder, but in the 1989 NFC Championship game against the whiners, with a 3-0 lead Jim Everett fluttered a pass to an absolutely wide open receiver for a sure touchdown that Ronnie Lott was able to knock down after racing across the field. The Rams never recovered and instead of going up 10-0, they were crushed 30-3. In addition to losing that game, the Rams subsequently went on the excruciatingly painful nine year skid. That was one costly bad pass.

ramstough39 is offline Registered User

I'll definitely have to say probably that Warner and Martz are knotted up here. I could make cases for both, but all of you guys know, as I, that both made their fair share of mistakes, and Warner's was most costly in that Super Bowl as we could have perennially won 17-13. In the Carolina game, Martz made some wild calls, and I couldn't believe all the plays he ran out for our offense. It really furiated me. I really thought we should have went to the Super Bowl that year.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

OMG

ARRGGGGHHHHHHH

How could he? It was right in his hands!!

Ah man, Still Love Ya #21

:r

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    OMG

ARRGGGGHHHHHHH

How could he? It was right in his hands!!

Ah man, Still Love Ya #21

:r
    Nice post stranger. Glad to see you're still alive and kicking.

cuLAtrRams is offline Registered User

I vote for the time Carrol Rosenbloom mishandled himself at the beach and allowed that witch Georgia to take over the team.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

So many playoff screw ups meant more, but I voted for Chrissy...he became more than bad, he became down right embarrassing...we were the laughing stock of the NFL and he was a huge part of that.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Hakim's fumble against the saints

I think if that fumble doesnt happen then we win the superbowl. Then if we win that Superbowl we win the 2001 bowl, because, well, why not? its a possibility anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast