Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Guam rammer

Thread: The worst thing

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

The worst thing

with all the improvement and the 2 division wins we're still bottom feeders. we'll get almost everyone back that matters before the ****** game and if we beat them in their house we still end up last in our division. Fact is, now this team is losing home games (including London) and has to start winning games on the road beginning at SF. after SF the schedule starts to get a little lighter but now we're playing AZ and Seattle on the road. we havent seen that defensive tenacity the last two games and it looks like the pack and pats wrote the book on how to quiet our D. i think this team is better then its record but we've got to put up some W's to make that case. i hate the bye week but this team needs it badly.
    J-RodRamFan likes this.

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: The worst thing

The way I see it, these last two games were the last times this season we play teams that are offensive dominant. Nothing scares me offensively about any of our remaining games. We have two weeks to get healthy and make some changes to get things back on track. We could win any of the remaining games. Not saying we will, but none of them our unbeatable...
    This space for rent...

Rambos is online now Registered User

I break it into four, four game groups:

We went 2-2
    Followed by 1-3

Alter the bye week we have..
    Jets
    Cards

We should go 2-2 we can go 3-1

last four

Bills
    Vikings
    Buccaneers
    Seahawks

We should go 2-2 we can go 3-1

We should finish 7-9 we can finish 9-7

I thought we would win between 6-8 games this year anything less than six games I will be very disappointed.

Haste is offline Registered User

I think the worst part is the last few games our defense has gone from formidable to push-over for the most part. What happened?

Fastcat is offline Registered User

What happen is we played 2 of the best offensive teams in the league. Not to mention both teams have multiple pro bowlers on offense. And argueably the best reciever tandems... And oh yea Brady has a shoe in the hof and rogers probably will follow suite... We are still ok. Now if the niners blow us out and the jets, we have a problem.... We are ok!!
    Last edited by Fastcat; -10-29-2012 at 09:22 PM.

VegasRam is online now Ram MVP
    Well said. These teams have both been to Superbowls in the last two years, and we're supposed to beat them?

Rams are 8 games, (6 months) into a entirely new regime, pack and Pats 10 years in the same regimes. We were 1-15 2 years ago- it's all I can do not to unload on those expecting miracles.

I for one am enjoying this season.
    Chill the f out.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    We were 1-15 2 years ago- it's all I can do not to unload on those expecting miracles.

Chill the f out.
    Perhaps you should take your own advice. I never saw anyone "expecting miracles". The Rams took a couple beatings and some people are acknowledging that they are still a league push over. Truth stings. BTW, Bernie got it about right...in regards to this last game. Some very mediocre teams have taken it to that NE secondary (they were giving up about 24 pts a game going into Sun.). The Rams should be embarrassed...by the fact that they got embarrassed.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Haste View Post
    I think the worst part is the last few games our defense has gone from formidable to push-over for the most part. What happened?
    Well what happen was our defense was never "that good" to begin with. We were never beating teams with "talent", rather we were beating them with "scheme". The problem with that is, in the NFL, coaches are good, they watch tape & break down your team piece by piece. Thus if you are running a particular scheme, given time they will figure out a way around your "scheme". Now when that happens, you are left with the talent (or lack there of) on your team, in our case we are talent handicapped and it shows.Again when is said 4-12 (5-11 at best) people were mad.......only time will tell.

VegasRam is online now Ram MVP
    Fair enough Fargo. Rams are an offensive juggernaut. Especially with DA and Givens out. Especially with that magnificent D keeping us in the game.

Nice Sig.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

The way the Cards/Hawks played the Pats and we beat both, I figured the game would at least have been competitive. At least we have two weeks to make adjustments. The bye week couldn't have came at a better time.

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by J-RodRamFan View Post
    The way the Cards/Hawks played the Pats and we beat both, I figured the game would at least have been competitive. At least we have two weeks to make adjustments. The bye week couldn't have came at a better time.
    I know, I was thinking we could keep it a little close, but the Cards and Hawks are both talented teams on the defensive side of the ball. We know the defense is what they are, they were hanging on by a thread in a lot of close games. Scheme and a little luck had a lot to do with it, and I don't begrudge luck, because we've all seen it go both ways. And as they say, you can make your own luck with hard work

I really think Fisher will be able to keep us in the 9ers game, unless they can establish their running game on us. I was one who was predicting 4 wins, and I really wasn't being pessimistic. That and keeping the games close would have been a huge improvement over last year, and so up until the Patriots they've done well in that regard. But now, I really don't see this team not getting at least 6 wins, the coach has had that great an impact.

I don't think there's a whole lot of figuring out and downhill slide like some are saying with Fisher's defensive scheme as some suggest. Defenses attack, and he'll have his chance to change up how he wants to attack each offense individually.

Playoffs? No, win against the 9ers? Probably not, but if you shake off what should be a motivational beat down from the Pats, you'll realize that the remaining teams really shouldn't be able to score on us like that again.

Now if they lay down and give up against the 9ers instead of putting forth a solid effort I'll certainly be concerned.