View Poll Results: Whats the max you would give in a trade for Jenkins?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glover and 7th

1 3.03%
  • Glover and 6th

6 18.18%
  • Glover and 5th

3 9.09%
  • Glover and 4th

4 12.12%
  • Glover and 3rd

3 9.09%
  • Glover only

2 6.06%
  • I would not want to give up Glover to get him

9 27.27%
  • Nothing I would not want him

5 15.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Would anyone trade Glover and a pick for Jenkins?

Would anyone trade Glover and a pick next year for Jenkins. IMO it would be interesting to see what Glover could do next to Carriker. However I think Carriker and Jenkins would be better in run support and Jenkins is younger 27 I believe.

If you would make the trade what would be the max pick you would give up?
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -06-08-2007 at 03:37 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Would anyone trade Glover and a pick for Jenkins?

In a word.......NO.

In more than a word.....Jenkins showed up at 385. Unless he's 7 feet tall, that's way out of shape. He's making $3.25 million in base salary this year, AND NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT. He want's more.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not a rider on the Jenkins Express. I just can't see coughing up that kind of money for a guy who hasn't been a stopper in 4 years. We'd be paying for a name only.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    In a word.......NO.

In more than a word.....Jenkins showed up at 385. Unless he's 7 feet tall, that's way out of shape. He's making $3.25 million in base salary this year, AND NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT. He want's more.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not a rider on the Jenkins Express. I just can't see coughing up that kind of money for a guy who hasn't been a stopper in 4 years. We'd be paying for a name only.
    I understand your point but I believe our next two years are when we need to make a run in the playoffs.

It would be nice to have someone at DT who at least has some NFL starting experience that could come in and help out. If that person is Glover or Jenkins its fine with me. I would hate to see us rely on young unprove DTs to shore up both DTs when we have a team that is maybe a LB and a DT or two away from making a run in the playoffs.

However if both Glover and Jenikins played at the same level as last year and were as capable as far as number of snaps each could play. Which do you think would help us stop the run the most.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -06-08-2007 at 04:10 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I see your point, and it is most certainly valid. The run D has to be shored up, I agree. However, we wouldn't be trading for 2003 Kris Jenkins. That guy would really help our run D. The 2006 Kris Jenkins got knocked off the ball as much as Kennedy did last year. Ask a Panther fan, most will tell the same story.

If Jenkins were to show signs that he was back to his old form, I'd be all for it. But I've yet to see signs he has turned back the clock.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Varg6 is online now Registered User

If it was guaranteed Jenkins was healthy, I'd say a 4 and Glover.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Wow, Jenkins talk again. Somewhere Nick is sighing and maybe even banging his head on his desk when he sees this thread, I'm with you Nick. Bring on the beating a dead horse picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Why not Jk is out glover and 4 or 5 isnt bad

itsguud is offline Registered User

I 'WAS' past-tense a big supporter of the Jenkins trade rumours, now since his recent headlines, weight/ salary, I would not give up glover for him. If he would re-structure his contract then I would be willing to give a 4th rounder only for him.... or the 6th whcih we just aquired from Kennedy....... ???????? Does Linehan have plans here?? Getting rid of Kennedy to make room for Jenkins?????

I like Linehan, I believe he has plans greater then we know, getting rid of Kennedy was just a step in his bigger plan I think. Not sure that we will necessarily get Jenkins but I see a DT on there way to STL soon eonugh.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post

I like Linehan, I believe he has plans greater then we know, getting rid of Kennedy was just a step in his bigger plan I think. Not sure that we will necessarily get Jenkins but I see a DT on there way to STL soon eonugh.
    Well said. My sentiments exactly.

"In Linehan We Trust"

general counsel is offline Registered User

the discussion is moot because the panthers have depth on the defensive line which is what made jenkins available in the first place. the last thing that they need is an aging glover taking up cap space. they need a safety. Its all over their board.

If there was a guy on the rams that they might want for jenkins, excluding picks, it would be either oj or klop. young guys with upside and very low cap.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    the discussion is moot because the panthers have depth on the defensive line which is what made jenkins available in the first place. the last thing that they need is an aging glover taking up cap space. they need a safety. Its all over their board.

If there was a guy on the rams that they might want for jenkins, excluding picks, it would be either oj or klop. young guys with upside and very low cap.
    There is no way we would give up either of those guys IMO. As for Carolina not needing help/depth on the DL I don't agree. D-Lew tailed off toward the end of last year and he has always battled injuries. He is in his contract year and has not started much for an extended period of time. D-Lew is also coming off a surgery. They say he looks okay, but if they trade Jenkins and D-Lew goes down or can't cut it as an everday player then who do they have? Jenkins is not happy with the way Carolina has dealt with him and they are not happy with his conditioning but they want to get fair value in a trade. Glover would be a good alternate with D-Lew for them. He is basically the same type of player and IMO better. It would allow them an insurance policy incase he goes down and give them some bargaining leverage if they tried resigning D-Lew.

I don't believe to many teams will offer them a young upcoming starting safety or tight end and a pick. Infact I don't think to many teams will offer a starter and a pick. Glover has starting potential.

Do you not think trade value wise Glover and a pick for Jenkins would not be good value for Carolina who is having issues with Jenkins (weight) and he is having issues with them (trying to trade him).

Besides any post that asks would you make a deal is a hypothetical situation. Almost never do trades work the way people suggest. People should respond with their yes or no instead of trying to be negative and say it won't ever happen so this post is irrelevant.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -06-09-2007 at 12:09 PM.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Out of shape, injury-prone player living on past glories. Sounds like that unemployed uncle some of us have.
    Honestly, people, Jenkins is a has-been. In case you haven't noticed, things have been happening in St. Louis:

1. We have an almost completely new coaching staff.
    2. The coaches have picked up some FA's that, while not being big name players, have proven that they can play football, and do it at a high level. (James Hall, Bennett, McMichael)
    3. We drafted kids who had darn few, if any, character issues.
    4. The 'youth movement' is in progress.
    5. The Martz era of having smart, undersized players is over. Now, it's smart, well-conditioned, and usually Buick-sized players that are picked up.
    6. Most importantly - and remember this - free agency has been in progress for some time now, and the rumors of trading for Jenkins have proven to be as full of dookie as a diaper. If it was going to happen, it would have happenned!

Seriously - even though the kid has never played a down in the NFL, we have Carriker...6'6, 300 pounds (or so), he's fast, he's smart, he's willing to learn, and by everything I have heard, he's going to be a force. Would you rather have a kid like that who will probably be starting for 10 years, or an out-of-shape has-been who makes millions a year to play one down then go to the bench to huff oxygen?

Unless Jenkins works harder than one of those women who is Sweatin' to the Oldies, gets in shape in the next three weeks, and is willing to take a HUGE pay cut, then proves he can still play good enough, I wouldn't even think of him in Horns.
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -06-09-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling errrrrrrrrrers

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Out of shape, injury-prone player living on past glories. Sounds like that unemployed uncle some of us have.
    Honestly, people, Jenkins is a has-been. In case you haven't noticed, things have been happening in St. Louis:

1. We have an almost completely new coaching staff.
    2. The coaches have picked up some FA's that, while not being big name players, have proven that they can play football, and do it at a high level. (James Hall, Bennett, McMichael)
    3. We drafted kids who had darn few, if any, character issues.
    4. The 'youth movement' is in progress.
    5. The Martz era of having smart, undersized players is over. Now, it's smart, well-conditioned, and usually Buick-sized players that are picked up.
    6. Most importantly - and remember this - free agency has been in progress for some time now, and the rumors of trading for Jenkins have proven to be as full of dookie as a diaper. If it was going to happen, it would have happenned!

Seriously - even though the kid has never played a down in the NFL, we have Carriker...6'6, 300 pounds (or so), he's fast, he's smart, he's willing to learn, and by everything I have heard, he's going to be a force. Would you rather have a kid like that who will probably be starting for 10 years, or an out-of-shape has-been who makes millions a year to play one down then go to the bench to huff oxygen?

Unless Jenkins works harder than one of those women who is Sweatin' to the Oldies, gets in shape in the next three weeks, and is willing to take a HUGE pay cut, then proves he can still play good enough, I wouldn't even think of him in Horns.
    I like what we have done so far and would like to see Carriker start at DT. I like our youg DT's also. However to say Jenkins is washed up is a little crazy. Its hard to say someone is washed up that is only 27 years old started all 16 games last year, went to the Probowl, currently injury free, and has yet to even show up at training camp. Even if he balloned up over the offseason this is just the begining of June and he is already declared washed up. Last year he was part of a DL that finished 11th in the NFL at rush defense. Glover was part of a DL that finished 31st last year. So we are going to pair Glover with a rookie making a transition from DE to DT. I like Carriker and believe he has the potential to be a run stopper but he has not played at all in the NFL yet and is transitioning from DE to DT run stopper supreme. I would like to see Carriker and a vet DT start at the begining of the season with the rooks getting rotated in until they show what they can do. That vet I would like to see is either Glover or someone not yet on our roster. If it were between Glover and Jenkins and you wanted someone to stop the run I would have to go with Jenkins. 3rd down and 1 yard to go the other team needs a first to run out the clock and win the game, would you rather have Cariker and Jenkins or Carriker and Glover. For me its Carriker and Jenkins. Teams that can't stop the run often have teams run the ball down their throat when they have the lead (clock management).
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -06-09-2007 at 03:09 PM.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

It was no secret that Jenkins was on the block prior to the draft. There were several other teams in need of D-linemen, but there were no takers ... Softli probably knows as much as anyone about KJ. Kj is way overweight, and apparently always struggled with maintaining his designated (prescribed by his coaches) weight and conditioning. Yes he played very well a couple of year ago -- but I don't think he is all that appealing to the Rams right now. As far as giving up Glover, not a good idea right now me thinks. At this stage we have three rookie D-linemen who are going to need mentoring. Who would you rather have mentoring them? A 385 lb newcomer with conditioning issues whose team felt he was expendable, and additionally would have to learn Haslett's system, or a proven high character guy who respects Haslett, knows his scheme inside and out while embracing the role of mentor and realizing that he must lead by example?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Can we just have Adam Carriker change his name legally to Kris Jenkins and be done with it?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast