maineram is offline Registered User

Would Marmie step down ??

His defense is horrid, into it's second season. Martz is putting in defensive adjustments for the Seattle game, only to have it give up 2 td's. Martz admits having nothing to add to the defensive side of the ball, but decides some changes need to be made so he makes them.
    Marmie knows Martz will stick with him to the end. But I think the writing on the wall was Martz making some changes for his defensive leader. Will Marmie do the right thing and step down ?? Joe Vitt or Koller could step in and finish the season in that capacity I believe.

Maineram -

and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Would Marmie step down ??

Interesting topic. I have to believe that he will not step down unless forced to by the organization.

IMO I think Martz should be the one to make that move. It is in the best interest of the team for someone to take charge of this D and right the ship.

This passive D is getting old, and the results are showing. Instead of improving, it's getting worse. Injuries aside, the secondary needs an overhaul.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Doubtful that he would step down.

He needs to be let go and Martz is the one who has to do it.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

He needs to be let go and Martz is the one who has to do it.
    ...which I don't see him doing anytime soon.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Martz won't be the one to fire him, he doesn't have that kind of pull at Rams Park. Shaw will do it but not until the end of the season.

Man, you would think Martz gets 52% of the profit with all the power most of you he think he has out there in Earth City.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Martz won't be the one to fire him, he doesn't have that kind of pull at Rams Park. Shaw will do it but not until the end of the season.

Man, you would think Martz gets 52% of the profit with all the power most of you he think he has out there in Earth City.
    I'm not doubting Shaw has the power to fire him..... but it was Martz who brought him on, surely he could get rid of him as well.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Here's a real world scenario for everyone.

Your boss comes in and says he needs, let's say an IT person. You have a buddy who is an IT person and you say you know someone who would fit the job. He gets hired but doesn't quite get the job done. Is it your job to fire him?

Same with Marmie. Martz didn't hire him "officially" Shaw did. It's Shaw's job to fire him.

Here's a real world scenario for everyone.

Your boss comes in and says he needs, let's say an IT person. You have a buddy who is an IT person and you say you know someone who would fit the job. He gets hired but doesn't quite get the job done. Is it your job to fire him?

Same with Marmie. Martz didn't hire him "officially" Shaw did. It's Shaw's job to fire him.
    Ultimately, it is indeed Shaw's job to fire him. However, from this fan's casual perspective Shaw isn't exactly a hands on type of manager from his perch in LA. So going with your analogy, I'd say it would fit better if the boss doing the hiring was in another office and had little idea of the personnel performance. It would be up to the on-site boss who is there everyday to suggest the firing.

Is it Shaw's job? Yes. However, if they trust Martz' judgement to the point of hiring a DC who has NEVER had success as a DC, then Shaw may still be waiting for Martz to pull the trigger on launching Marmie as well.

The real question is: Does Shaw still have faith in Martz' judgement?

Ok, so let me get this straight.

Martz does all the hiring, firing, personnel decisions, drafting, how much air is in the practice footballs and should they cater in lunch.

Shaw, Zygmut, and Armey have tee times everyday. Excuse my sarcasm but c'mon guys, does everyone really think Martz is the only one making decisions in Earth City? If so, this team has always been in trouble. Not knocking Martz at all, but there is only 24 hours in a day and humans need sleep too.

Ok, so let me get this straight.

Martz does all the hiring, firing, personnel decisions, drafting, how much air is in the practice footballs and should they cater in lunch.

Shaw, Zygmut, and Armey have tee times everyday. Excuse my sarcasm but c'mon guys, does everyone really think Martz is the only one making decisions in Earth City? If so, this team has always been in trouble. Not knocking Martz at all, but there is only 24 hours in a day and humans need sleep too.
    Whoooooooa there Tonto. Slow down a minute....we're just talking about assistant coaching decisions. And when it comes to assistants hiring and firing, I'd bet the farm that Martz has more to do with that than any individual in the organization. I'm not talking about players, drafting, or practice footballs.....I'm talking about asst. coaches. And to that, yes, IMHO, Martz has more input on his assistants than Zygmunt, Armey, Shaw, even Suleiman and his band of merry throat-slashers.

alright, I'll agree that he has more input than someone who knows a computer geek looking for a job. However, I don't think he'll ever fire Marmie and Shaw is the one that's going to have to do that. Right now would be the most opportunistic time as Martz is on the sidelines for awhile.

alright, I'll agree that he has more input than someone who knows a computer geek looking for a job. However, I don't think he'll ever fire Marmie and Shaw is the one that's going to have to do that. Right now would be the most opportunistic time as Martz is on the sidelines for awhile.
    Agreed. As I said earlier, when it comes to Martz firing his old pal...
    I don't see him doing anytime soon.
    I guess we'll see if the gypsies in the palace can right this ship.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

The question was "would Mammie step down?"

My answer would be another question:

If you saw friction developing between you and your boss because of your work, and your work probably had as much to do with buckling your boss at the knees, and your boss quit first, would you admit your part in the health crisis by volunteering to quit?

Helll, Martz said at the half time intermission against NY that the Rams should probably have been blitzing more. He already knew then that adjustments weren't being made to compensate for the lack of personnel on D. Watching 6 more quarters of Mammie's nonsense had to weaken M&M to the point he couldn't take it anymore.

And since he is such a compassionate guy and worries about letting people down he didn't have the strength to fight for Mammie's dismissal. He gutted himself rather than filet that spineless Can't_get_er_dun_Larry.