throwback week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: would a move to LA help the franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Yes or no

then give one comment why?

I would say yes because the la market would only have 1 team and all the attention would be devoted to them...
    This crap does get old there are St. Louis fans on this forum as well. The team has lost its last 16 games and when we look at the schedule its hard to pick a game that we can say we should win. We have a legit shot at going 0-16. If we do that we will have lost 26 straight games and be tied with the 1976 and 1977 Tampa Bay team for most consecutive NFL losses in a row EVER. That was their first two years in the league as well. Prior to our current 0-16 mark going back to 2005 we had two 8 game losing streaks, a 5 game losing streak, and a 4 game losing streak. Prior to the 0-16 we were 5-17. Oh did I forget to mention we have also been going through one of the worst down turns in our economy since the great depression. I have been to the game this year and stayed to the end. Let me tell you it was depressing getting killed like we did. This economy stinks and then you go to a Rams game to take your mind off of it and you get killed game after game. The product on the field is horrible. I still root for them and watch them but it has been bad. This is not a fan issue this is a management issue IMO. We still are selling out or near sell out. Yes it maybe due to other fans purchasing tickets while we have a crappy team on the field and people are cutting back and watching what they spend their money on. But that is a reason to keep the Rams here and move another team to LA. St. Louis can draw fans from Indy, Chicago, Minnesota, Kansas City, Green Bay even when they dont put a decent product on the field and the economy is in the tank. Imagine what can happen if they put a decent product on the field and the economy picks up.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -10-22-2009 at 10:51 PM.

TheTalkOfTheArch is offline Registered User

mods can you please start a subforum for this garbage? please?

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Well...it's more like El Birdos drown everything else out. Fortunately LA has the Dodgers and Angels dividing efforts.
    Yeah, it sucks how the Dodgers and Angels divide the paying fan base here in baseball. Both teams are stuggling so badly and hardly sell any tickets.

..and the Trojans and Bruins can't sell any tickets either because of the divided fanbase. Lakers? Clippers? Ducks? Kings?

Yep. We're divided here alright. We can't support a damn team here because there's just too many teams to support. If the Rams came, we just couldn't find the time, and we're just to broke to buy tickets.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Yeah, it sucks how the Dodgers and Angels divide the paying fan base here in baseball. Both teams are stuggling so badly and hardly sell any tickets.

..and the Trojans and Bruins can't sell any tickets either because of the divided fanbase. Lakers? Clippers? Ducks? Kings?

Yep. We're divided here alright. We can't support a damn team here because there's just too many teams to support. If the Rams came, we just couldn't find the time, and we're just to broke to buy tickets.
    WHAT THE STL. FAN BASE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND IS THAT THE LA FANS DID COME OUT TO WATCH THE GAMES STILL yet Little miss Frontiere wanted a new stadium...

LET ME REPEAT A NEW STADIUM..... THAT IS WHAT IT BOILS DOWN TO !!!

rampower is offline Registered User

This wouldn't help the franchise, less people were watching in LA than STL, it will take the team many years wherever they go. You need people born only knowing the rams. We are 13 years down that road here, moving anywhere gives us that same problem.

Even though we used to be in LA, they let us go, so we are gone. Moving back would be the death of this franchise.
    Last edited by rampower; -10-29-2009 at 09:39 PM.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

No, it wouldn't help. In the final years of the LA Rams they drew less than the worst years of the St.L Rams, so I doubt a move would necessarily fill a stadium. But more importantly, it's still the same players......so the product is gonna be the same.

However, it's all an academic exercise. If I were an NFL fan in LA, I'd start getting use to the sound of the Los Angeles Jaguars; and that's when it gets tough for those folks.......Jags fan or Rams fan?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

No it wont help. If simply moving would change things, the move to St. Louis would have made a difference. It is leadership that directs a team, not location. Now if ownership would change...oh wait, I think the LA folks have been saying that for awhile...never mind.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

theodus69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkOfTheArch View Post
    Oh now i see the connection. You are in STL. Hey I'm in LA and i want them back. So it is not garbage it's all part of the passion. Like it or not. Jeezz. What the hell else is there to talk about. Green Cars?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

No, because they are moving to San Antonio

ScottD413 Guest

Guys haven't you heard? We aren't allowed to speak of this anymore. Me might offend someone

ram3057 is offline Registered User

LA would be better off with the whiners moving to LA, as they already have a strong fan baase (sic) there.
    Over my blue and gold bleeding body - I would never want to see the ***** in Los Angeles - the further away the better. Move them to Britain!!
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Of course it would help the team and those who say it wouldn't are bitter St Louis fans who I find have a serious case of double standards, If the team comes it comes and there shouldn't be a problem with L.A. fans talking bout it sine it's a real posiblilty

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Of course it would help the team and those who say it wouldn't are bitter St Louis fans who I find have a serious case of double standards, If the team comes it comes and there shouldn't be a problem with L.A. fans talking bout it sine it's a real posiblilty
    I live in Florida, and I say it wouldn't help at all. So there goes your theory.

What does geography have to do with success?

AlphaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkOfTheArch View Post
    Look, why don't you just not open the thread? Geez, how freaking hard is it to not open a thread that you do not care to have interaction?

As far as your ultimatum, you just went from being a credible poster to being a sniveling little kid threatening to take your ball home (except you don't own the ball). Why don't you shut the hell up about a sub-forum and post in the topics that interest you?

Truth is offline Registered User

Would it help the team from a competitive stand point? Probably not. Would it be a good business move for the owners? That depends on the agreement they can workout with the stadium owners for revenue, and on fan support. Chances are that a new stadium and the return of the NFL to LA would fill the stadium for a year or 2.

The biggest impact on the team, from a competitive stand point, is the Knowledge, vision, commitment and ability of the ownership/management/coaching staff to create a winning organization.

The problem with moving the Jags to LA is their current performance. Move a loser, with a very limited local fanbase to LA and it will be difficult to draw crowds on a consistent basis. The only real advantage to moving the Rams to LA is the realatively large fanbase that already exists, or would be easier to regain.

I think Chip has made it pretty clear that he'd like to sell the team to owners willing to keep them in St Louis. However, at the end of the day, a big enough offer from a group that isn't committted to STL might still sway him and his sister. It's all just speculation at this point. I just don't want another decade of bottom feeding.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast