View Poll Results: Would You fire Pat Shumur?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 35.96%
  • No

57 64.04%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

Re: Would You Fire Shurmur?

No you cannot fire Shurmur that wouldn't be right for a rookie QB. All I know that if he calls plays in the clutch like he did this year like he does next year, Hes going to be unemployed. Because Everygame we have lost he went away from what this team is about, heavy on the running game. Then opening up with the pass. He let the last game slip away by coming out slinging it like seattle. Seattle Had no choice, they don't have a run game. But because there passing against us was effective and they did that right, they killed us on draw plays.

But what did we do? we went away from Steven. not following the gameplan, then bad execution on passes, WHY TRY TO PASS TO ROOKIE RECIEVERS and not go to our veteran pro bowl star? 11 carries for 45 yards does not sit well with me, considering that our back is going to the probowl He should atleast get 20 - 30 touches. and they said all year, steven jackson will be our work horse, Announcers and annalyst have said, go to this guy, he will get you where you need to go. that decision does not go well with me, he feels like scott linehan at times when he calls the plays, watched every game all year, it looked like sometimes he a had a glimmer of hope, but turned into scott linehan in games against, the raiders, the cardinals, the whiners, the saints, the atlanta falcons, and even almost let the chargers make a comeback by not being able to control the ball. Steven Jackson Saved him by getting 3 consecutive 1st downs in a row at the end of that game, After the offense went 3 and out on 4 previous possessions not trying to open the field down the middle.

I think this guy spells disaster for our franchise, i hope with mark clayton and donnie avery back he can take more shots down field. Also in light of a new receiver. But Since he goes away from steven for some reason in games that are winnable we leave it in the hands of sam bradford. Hes great but hes a rookie, The run game is supposed to take pressure off of the QB. In the seattle game we chose not to slash a run defense that was 30th in the league. Steven Jackson was having success on the ground, if you cannot see that while watching the game, then you shouldn't be calling plays, or you shouldn't be commenting on clan ram. Don't get me wrong i want him to succeed. If he does good next year i will be happy. I just want a smart coordinator that can make the right calls at the right time.
    Last edited by hawaiianpunch; -01-05-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Rich86 is offline Registered User

i'm stunned at the results to say the least. is this some parralel universe where no means yes and yes means no. dude was awful, did the team a huge disservice. instead of competing on offense we sat on our hands hoping we could secure victories. the road only gets harder next year with us play the nfc east in the afc north. i think its a given personally

Lesson is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
    i'm stunned at the results to say the least. is this some parralel universe where no means yes and yes means no. dude was awful, did the team a huge disservice. instead of competing on offense we sat on our hands hoping we could secure victories. the road only gets harder next year with us play the nfc east in the afc north. i think its a given personally

The offense scored more than 100 points this year than it did in 2009. I say no because you do not want to stunt Bradford's growth and changing through coordinators at a rapid pace is not a good thing(the Rams went through 3 Offensive Coordinators in a span of 3 years).

LongBlood is offline Registered User

Ok I'm finally going to say it. Why is this even a thread? Yes, he's too conservative at times (with a lead). There's isn't much creativity to the play calling but seriously if the Rams lost him, it was adversely affect not just the offense but the defense! Shesh, 2 yrs ago I said that the defense was good enough to win 4 games, this year it finally did it (well maybe 3 of them), because the players weren't completely tired by the middle of the 3rd quarter. This team has BUMS at WR (oh another dropped pass), the OL is still shady and creates too many false starts, the only decent TE was injured all the time. Yet the defense was still rested enough to play and keep giving the offense chances. If he was fired there would be a lot more 3 and outs people. This team is young so please remember the acronym of K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple, Stupid. The team is moving the chains, and while the offense does stall inside the opponents 30 it's what best for the team vs more 3 and outs. Would this even really be a thread if the WR's caught more of their 3rd down drops?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123