Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16
    Mr. Gaz's Avatar
    Mr. Gaz is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wigan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Would you give up our 1st for Jenkins if…

    Okay then how about this, would you swap 1st rounders and give them a 3rd for Jenkins?


  2. #17
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Would you give up our 1st for Jenkins if…

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gaz View Post
    Okay then how about this, would you swap 1st rounders and give them a 3rd for Jenkins?

    You know, I probably would but I bet I'm in the minority.

  3. #18
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,290
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Would you give up our 1st for Jenkins if…

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gaz View Post
    Okay then how about this, would you swap 1st rounders and give them a 3rd for Jenkins?
    I would, because in the end you're only giving up a third plus the difference in value between 13 and 14. The problem is Carolina has no motivation to make that trade unless (1) someone they like falls to 13 on draft day and (2) they think the Rams realistically might take that player. It would have to be a draft day trade, and they'd likely only do it if Willis or Nelson is there and they think we'd take him.

  4. #19
    keith m. klink Guest

    Re: Would you give up our 1st for Jenkins if…

    well , if caralina still has him under contract , which looks pretty good to me , then why is there even any talk of him if they don't want to give up on him. and if they have damion lewis , ( former ram last year) and he is staying , then is caralina putting up some kinda front to maximize this opportunity to steal some picks from someone . doesn't make sense to me. smells a little like a crap show . like i said, maybe swapping some kind of pick deal, or something that might include byrd , ( i think they are in need of TE) but a 1st rd pick , NO WAY , 2nd -no , 3rd -no , 4th - possible, but a high pick , or a 3rd and KLOP , as some say , NO - WAY. I'LL TAKE MY CHANCES IN THE DRAFT , moving down to stockpile picks for a trade , would be the ONLY way I MYSELF would go at this scenario . and, ( IF NUMBERS DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING , THEY WOULDN'T NEED STATS IN THE NFL , NOW WOULD THEY. if a defensive end made 20+ sacks for a few years because of the other people on his front line , who's getting the money, the DE , or the others that free him to make the sacks. i thought so . if you say jenkins is worth anymore than a 3rd, you don't have an idea . you just want a name .

  5. #20
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Would you give up our 1st for Jenkins if…

    I'm not going to argue the importance of statistics for interior defensive linemen, because it is pointless. By your argument, offensive linemen are all the same because they do not accumulate stats. Some of the absolute best DL in league (Seymour, Jenkins, etc.) don't have huge stats, but they make huge impact ....

    Stats matter for QB's, RB's, WR's, etc. They don't always tell the story on D.

  6. #21
    smizzhfx's Avatar
    smizzhfx is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, nova scotia, Canada
    Posts
    722
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Would you give up our 1st for Jenkins if…

    Exactly Infiniti, when talking about Defensive Tackles stats are not always a good thing. You want Defensive Tackles that are going to force opposing teams to doule team themselves, freeing up space for the Linebackers and Defensive Ends to make plays.
    For example, when rating cornerbacks, you don't necessarily want a Corner who has made a lot of tackles, because that can be an indication that a lot of passes were allowed to be caught. Stats don't mean much other than in the skill positions. Play on the field is the only true indication of the value of a Defensive Tackle, and I don't think you'll find a person in the world who will tell you Jimmy Kennedy or La'Roi Glover (of late) are better Defensive Tackles than Kris Jenkins.

  7. #22
    Krames41's Avatar
    Krames41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Would you give up our 1st for Jenkins if…

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    This last post is a prime example of someone not understanding what goes on up front on the defensive line. Jenkins is a HUGE upgrade to either Kennedy or Glover. Numbers mean very little when it comes to production from a DL. Jenkins would plug holes and consistently take on two offensive lineman/tight ends at once. He doesn't have to have 60 tackles and 8 sacks to be productive. If Jenkins had been on the line last year, I would venture to believe that Leonard might have had 3-5 more sacks than he did ...

    Remember, the reason he might have less tackles or less sacks is because he is CONSTANTLY being double, even triple teamed ...
    Okay, what you just said makes no sense. It sounds like your regurgitating what you hear on tv without understanding the game at all. The reason defensive tackles draw double teams (what your calling taking on two blockers), is because if offenses don't double team them they will take over a game, get sacks, and disrupt the offense. Offenses don't block according to who is the biggest, they concentrate on stopping the impact players. And by the way the tackles aren't going to be taking on tight ends, the tight ends will be blocking the defensive ends. By your theory, all you would have to do is stick 4 of the fattest biggest guys you could find on the defensive line and tell them to stand in a gap. How can you say numbers mean little? If it's about size why is Leonard Little good? And by the way Jenkins is only ten pounds heavier than Kennedy. I guess ten pounds has been the missing element of the Rams defense for the past five years. By the way Jamal Williams (a starting AFC dt in the pro bowl has had 114 tackles and six sacks the past three years. Thats a hell of a lot better than all three of them. Kevin Williams (starting dt for the NFC) has had 110 tackles and 20.5 sacks, again, I'm not even counting assists.
    Last edited by Krames41; -04-12-2007 at 01:48 AM.

  8. #23
    Krames41's Avatar
    Krames41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Would you give up our 1st for Jenkins if…

    Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    I don't think you'll find a person in the world who will tell you Jimmy Kennedy or La'Roi Glover (of late) are better Defensive Tackles than Kris Jenkins.
    I would take two players who have been healthy for the past three years over a player who has been hurt two out of the last three years any day you ask me. This isn't baseball, people in the NFL don't come back from surgery/injuries and play at the same level. Jenkins is decling and getting old, that doesn't help in the NFL. He isn't going to give the Rams three-five years of good solid play, a player in the draft has a lot more potential. And the offensive lineman comparison doesn't work at all seeing how they don't collect stats for offensive lineman. Are you guys saying you would take a big fat heavy defensive tackle with 3 sacks over a smaller defensive tackle with 10 plus sacks if you had the oppurtunity?
    Last edited by Krames41; -04-12-2007 at 01:25 AM.

  9. #24
    ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    29
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Would you give up our 1st for Jenkins if…

    Quote Originally Posted by Facing-The-Giant View Post
    you know, the funny part of this entire thing maybe that Jimmy kennedy will indeed have his Breakout year this year, and if we do get kris jenkins and jimmy out plays him badely we will wonder why we even wanted him.
    Cant think of a better problem for the Rams to have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Facing-The-Giant View Post
    I want to give Jimmy one last chance.
    I believe this is Jimmy's third "last chance". But ive said it before, lets see what Haslett can do with him after a full years coaching.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •