RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Would you like to be a FOSL too?

Instead of being a member of SLOP would you rather be a FOSL.

I really like the way this off-season is going:
    1. I like having a head coach that will focus on the team and not play calling. He can handle the personnel problems and mediate between the units.
    2. I like Haslett who has been a head coach, has respect of the players, and brings credibility to the DC position.
    3. I like Al Saunders who brings back the GSOT schemes along with the running game. He also has the respect of his players and brings credibility.
    4. I like the hiring of Devaney he lends credibility to our personnel department. He should help us out tremendously in evaluating and obtaining players.

Those three positions OC, DC, and Personnel are all key positions. I think that trio of guys combined ranks near the top of the teams in those three positions combined.

Linehan did hire both Haslett and Saunders. He also was in on the interview process in getting Devaney according to Jay it was him and Linehan who interviewed him. I am not saying I give all the credit to Linehan but he did have a part in all those hiring’s. He should get a little credit for some of those hiring’s especially Haslett and Saunders.

I am now predicting that if they have a good Draft, Free Agency, and start the season well that AvengerRam will become a FOSL. Anything can happen if you’re a FOSL maybe you will see AV returning punts if he becomes a FOSL.

Last edited by RamsSB99; -02-12-2008 at 11:50 PM.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Re: Would you like to be a FOSL too?

Agreed. The off-season seems to have gone from despair to deliverance. It's hard to argue the moves so far. The only place I might diverge with you on is Haslett. He has a lot of supporters here but I'm still luke warm to what he has done so far.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

I want to be a FOSL too. we have more work to do though. but as long as we improve, I will have no complaints.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

So, the new fish on the cell block thinks he's going to make a name for himself by calling me out. That's cute. Or is it pathetic? Either way...

Okay... there's not much going tonight, so, WTH, I'll play along.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Instead of being a member of SLOP would you rather be a FOSL.
    The stone remnants of an extinct life form... there's something to aspire to.
    1. I like having a head coach that will focus on the team and not play calling. He can handle the personnel problems and mediate between the units.
    Yeah... its great to hire a HC who's resume was built entirely as a playcalling OC, only to find out that he can't handle the playcalling and HC duties simultaneously.
    2. I like Haslett who has been a head coach, has respect of the players, and brings credibility to the DC position.
    He's been the DC for two years now. I'd say the jury's still out on JH.
    3. I like Al Saunders who brings back the GSOT schemes along with the running game. He also has the respect of his players and brings credibility.
    Obviously (if you've read my posts), I'm a big Saunders supporter as well. Still, you have to wonder... would the Rams be better off today if Saunders was, right now, gearing up for his third year as the team's HC? (after all, he was available when Linehan was hired)
    4. I like the hiring of Devaney he lends credibility to our personnel department. He should help us out tremendously in evaluating and obtaining players.
    We'll see. But what does that have to do with being a FOSL?
    Those three positions OC, DC, and Personnel are all key positions. I think that trio of guys combined ranks near the top of the teams in those three positions combined.
    I think you just went from "drinking Kool-Aid" to "sniffing glue."
    Linehan did hire both Haslett and Saunders.
    We really don't know who made those calls, but even if it was Linehan, isn't it noteworthy that they are the only non-FOSLs he's hired? (as opposed to, say, Olson or Roberts - remind me... how did they work out?)
    He also was in on the interview process in getting Devaney according to Jay it was him and Linehan who interviewed him. I am not saying I give all the credit to Linehan but he did have a part in all those hiring’s. He should get a little credit for some of those hiring’s especially Haslett and Saunders.
    Maybe.
    I am now predicting that if they have a good Draft, Free Agency, and start the season well that AvengerRam will become a FOSL. Anything can happen if you’re a FOSL maybe you will see AV returning punts if he becomes a FOSL.

If the Rams sign some free agents, draft well, and start winning games, I'll be happy. I'm always happy when the Rams win. That's a far cry from being a FOSL. I have no doubt that, with the right players, and good coordinators, a team can have success despite a mediocre at-best HC. For me to become a Linehan supporter, I'll have to see HIM do something that makes me believe he brings something positive to the table as a HC.

He's got a long way to go before he's there.

Nice try, though.

Well, not really, but I didn't want to make you feel bad.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -02-13-2008 at 01:33 AM.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

could this be the next rivalry?? SLOP Vs FOSL How will it end?

rammiser is offline Registered User

I think Losehan just realized he was in way over his head and I doubt all of these decisions are his. The front office probably said it's time to clean house or you'll be cleaning house. Loserhan was just in over his head and he is now basically a babysitter while everyone else runs the team, not exactly a ringing endorsement for Loserhan.
    Just Fix It

txramsfan is offline Registered User

We have more talent on the coaching side of the team than we have on the players side and last time I checked......coaches don't block, run routes, tackle, carry the football, etc....that draft a few years ago with Hill, Klop, Wroten, Alston etc. is killing this team.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Yeah... its great to hire a HC who's resume was built entirely as a playcalling OC, only to find out that he can't handle the playcalling and HC duties simultaneously.

Hey, it's tough being creative with tight ends.

He's been the DC for two years now. I'd say the jury's still out on JH.

I expect to see improvement in our offense this season, but the same old thing from Haslett and the defense. I still think we'll be in the bottom third unless they draft a defensive lineman who is a phenom and Carriker doubles what he did last season. For all the hooplah about Haslett last year, we got destroyed by every good offensive team we played. I'm tired of hearing about how "fiery" he is- show me that you're going to be aggressive in the second half too and then we can care about how fiery he is. Being fiery doesn't stop the opposing QB from having all day to throw.

Obviously (if you've read my posts), I'm a big Saunders supporter as well. Still, you have to wonder... would the Rams be better off today if Saunders was, right now, gearing up for his third year as the team's HC? (after all, he was available when Linehan was hired)

Now come on, do you really have to wonder about that? Really?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Some very prickly stuff in this thread, one acronym to many for some perhaps......

Made me chuckle.

Anyway, whilst I like the changes that have been made, particularly Devaney, I think that we'll have to see substantial changes in the playing staff to realise the dreams of many on this board. Those changes will be difficult to implement in the current FA and draft environment, so I think Linehan is in a very difficult position. I can't see playoffs being a realistic proposition for a host of reasons that go way beyond the head coach.

LinkBacks (?)