Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Country is offline Registered User

Would you sign Tank Johnson

If the Bears do release Tank Johnson do you think that the Rams should put a waiver claim in for him?

I think that the Rams should, he is having some problems but he is an upgrade over everyone we have on the interior DL. If the Rams make a playoff run Johnson will help.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Would you sign Tank Johnson

I agree, I think we should. He's a huge upgrade over what we got at the moment, and frankly, what do we have to lose? I doubt they'll release him though...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    If the Bears do release Tank Johnson do you think that the Rams should put a waiver claim in for him?

I think that the Rams should, he is having some problems but he is an upgrade over everyone we have on the interior DL. If the Rams make a playoff run Johnson will help.
    "some problems"? ...Now that's an understatement. He has had several recurring problems with guns and the law. You'd think he'd learn by now. I don't know if I would roll the dice with a player with his kind of "issues". He has some definite character flaws....
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't know that he's much of an upgrade. It seems to me we need to build the position from the draft. Though more risky, it is in the short term cheaper.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

He has less issues then Leonard Little. And who cares about how expensive it might be I am not for drafting a DT unless we get Alan Branch. FAs are the way to go when dealing with DTs.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Are there reports that he might be released? That seems unlikely to me.

Their are a lot of the sources that think that Johnson might be released. They even mentioned it during the broadcast.

MikeB1603 is offline Registered User

If the Bears were to release a player like Tank Johnson during this time of the season with the type of season they are having makes Johnson look as bad as or worse than T.O. in my eyes, I would stay away.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    He has less issues then Leonard Little. And who cares about how expensive it might be I am not for drafting a DT unless we get Alan Branch. FAs are the way to go when dealing with DTs.
    1. Leonard Little, Tank Johnson. One of them is currently under criminal investigation.......and it ain't Little.
    2. Who cares how expensive it might be? The Rams, hopefully.
    3. Branch is the top pick, no doubt. Yet, there is a possibility that more than one DT will produce from this draft.
    4. DTs from FA is like any other position....some work out, some don't. But DTs do manage to get drafted as well. Since 2001 all but 2 of the league's Pro Bowl DTs have been acquired by draft, and not FA.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I don't know that he's much of an upgrade.
    Agreed, maybe someone can explain to me why he'd be such a huge upgrade over what we have. He's a good player, but I'm not convinced he provides enough of an upgrade to make you look past his off the field concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Are there reports that he might be released? That seems unlikely to me.
    Bears | Ta. Johnson afraid he'll be off the team due to recent events - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 17 Dec 2006 11:00:04 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo is furious with DT Tank Johnson because of his recent legal troubles. Johnson was arrested late last week for possessing firearms without proper identification and Johnson's friend was shot dead the next night at a nightclub with Johnson present. Angelo is so furious that Johnson fears he will be off the team. The team will meet early this week to decide Johnson's future with the organization. The Bears are also talking to the NFL to find out what punitive freedom they have under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. They have also been doing research and re-checks of past psychological evaluations of Johnson to make what they think is a proper decision regarding his future. Johnson claims he was taking his friend's belongings to him the night of the shooting and did not actually see the incident, but he is cooperating with police and is not a suspect. The police say Johnson had nothing to do with the crime itself.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

I doubt they release him, Angelo will calm down in a few days and make a rational decision, not an emotional decision.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

general counsel is offline Registered User

We dont need this guy. I would however, like to look into signing warren sapp if it can be done on the cheap. I think that he can still play a bit. Sapp ONLY on the cheap, please dont bash me for wanting another old guy like glover.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is online now Registered User

We dont need this guy. I would however, like to look into signing warren sapp if it can be done on the cheap. I think that he can still play a bit. Sapp ONLY on the cheap, please dont bash me for wanting another old guy like glover.
    I would take Sapp

Rambos is online now Registered User

John Clayton of ESPN says the Bears will cut him.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    John Clayton of ESPN says the Bears will cut him.
    That's something! I really think he'd be a good idea, at least take him in. That'd be great to have a guy from the Bears defense, maybe show some of the guys a better technique he learned from Lovie, the man!? Who knows!?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast