Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

If with that 2nd round pick you could select a guaranteed 1,000 + yards rusher with great receiving hands that almost never fumbles and can lead the team and command respect by the way he plays on the field and acts off the field then I say.... you would just be breaking even so why?

Hey Chris Johnson's number declined his year. He had 30% less rushing yards and 50% less receiving yards. Man the Titians better trade him quick while they can still get a 3rd for him.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Go fish.

Jackson, who will only be 28 when the season starts, probably has at least 2-3 more years before his production starts to slack off, and we don't have a viable replacement for him on the roster at this time. Right now, I'd put his value at a 1st and 3rd or high 2nd and a player (most likely a marginal starter at the same position). This might seem excessive, but it's the going price when we probably need him more than the team that would trade for him.

ramfan56 is offline Registered User

Rainbow should be tarred and feathered...im just saying.

laramsfan73 is offline Registered User

No. The Rams have NOTHING behind Jackson that could even marginally replace him, and the Rams wouldn't be guaranteed to get another adequate replacement through the draft or free agency. Trading Jackson would make it a LOT harder on Bradford, especially since there are no WR's on this team that strike fear into the opposition. Trading Jackson for a WR or a draft choice to be used for one would fill a glaring need but would open up an even bigger need at RB. Not having Jackson back there would put extra DB's on the field on every down in an attempt to make the Rams beat you passing. The Rams couldn't do that now and certainly wouldn't be able to do it without Jackson giving them a "moment of pause" out of the backfield. I'm sorry, but I don't see how this would work. Jackson may have "dropped off" some, but he's still the lone Ram representative at the Pro Bowl, so he didn't have the "drop off" year many describe.
    Last edited by laramsfan73; -01-08-2011 at 08:14 PM.

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambow View Post
    I appreciate all he's done, but this is a business and he has fallen off greatly. I dont want to hear poor SJax, there is no loyalty. Dont feel bad for him he became a millionaire doing what he loves. Now if someone offered a 2nd in the 30's I'd do it in a hot sec. What do you guys think?
    Are you SMOKING CRACK????

FestusRam is offline Registered User

No. Theres quite a few reasons why this wouldn't be good idea at all

1. He's been one of the top 5(atleast) rushers in the league for the past 6 years.

2. He's still in his prime with over 1200 yards this season with a weak interior line.

3. He's the no doubt heart and soul leader of our team which is one of the youngest in the nfl.

4. With a dp for him we would've traded our leader away for another young guy who way more than likely will never amount even close to SJax.

5. Jacksons basically trying to recruit free agents and I'm pretty sure those fa's would rather join a team with Jackson rather than an extra second round pick.

6. Without him our offense is less than mediocre and Darby or Toston aren't starting material.

7. This dp has no guarantee we wouod get a good player in return for jackson. Could be a bust.

There's more but why should I go on.

I think id pass

itsguud is offline Registered User

What are you on? I want some...

RockinRam is offline Registered User

No thank you.

BEER is offline Registered User

An easy yes for me. If we knew how to draft!...LOl. But we dont so we cant trade him.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

maybe for a 1st rounder this year, the next year , the year after that and the......

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'd trade him for Arian Foster, Ben Tate and a 2nd... how about that?
    I believe!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Billy Devaney said last year that he never understood the logic in those who suggested trading SJax, our best weapon, to rebuild. One year later, the same sentiment rings true. In football, if you have a proven talent, you do not even think about unloading the guy unless you have a proven replacement. You CERTAINLY don't get rid of him in the hopes of landing his replacement in the 2nd round.

We DO have to get a back to complement SJax, either in this year's draft or thru free agency/trade. He is on the tail end of a great career. But his replacement is not of immediate concern.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I disagree with Alec, I have lots of disrespect for you and your opinion and anyone who would agree with you.

Steven Jackson is the heart and soul of this team. He provides so much more to this team than rushing yards and touchdowns.

To suggest you would trade him for a second round pick... just... just...no.

This is the first time I have ever loved that someone disagreed with me. Hahaha

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    An easy yes for me. If we knew how to draft!...LOl. But we dont so we cant trade him.
    There are just too many things that are wrong in this statement, but let me atleaset try.

This Managements ONLY draft picks have been:
    Jason Smith
    James Laurinitis
    Bradley Fletcher
    Sam Bradford
    Roger Saffold

Amazing draft classes.

Next. If you trade Jackson for a 2nd round pick you then HAVE to draft a RB. meaning that pick is going directly to a RB. Please tell me what 2nd round running back you feel is better than Steven Jackson, now, next year, 3 years from now?

Next. Jackson is your captain, it will devistate your teammates.

Next. You effectivly stunt Sam Bradfords growth by taking away his run game, - see david carr, joey harrington.

Next - Outside of bradford SJax is your most marketable player - meaning loss of revenue - meaning less money to spend on players going forward.

AND THE LIST GOES ON!!!!!!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambow View Post
    I appreciate all he's done, but this is a business and he has fallen off greatly. I dont want to hear poor SJax, there is no loyalty. Dont feel bad for him he became a millionaire doing what he loves. Now if someone offered a 2nd in the 30's I'd do it in a hot sec. What do you guys think?
    Premature Thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast