Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 71
  1. #31
    ljcrayton's Avatar
    ljcrayton is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Escondido, Ca
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    i would trade SJ39 for the following:

    vikings: adrian peterson and sidney Rice + a draft pick

    texans: arian foster and andre johnson (no draft pick needed)

    patriots: Ben (whatever his name is) wes welker, deon branch+3 draft picks

    jaguars: MJD+2 starting offensive linemen

    steelers: mendenhall, hines ward, troy palamalu+1 low round draft pick


    i can do this for every team. But i guess i would trade SJ for any of those


  2. #32
    BEER's Avatar
    BEER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    There are just too many things that are wrong in this statement, but let me atleaset try.

    This Managements ONLY draft picks have been:
    Jason Smith
    James Laurinitis
    Bradley Fletcher
    Sam Bradford
    Roger Saffold

    Amazing draft classes.

    Next. If you trade Jackson for a 2nd round pick you then HAVE to draft a RB. meaning that pick is going directly to a RB. Please tell me what 2nd round running back you feel is better than Steven Jackson, now, next year, 3 years from now?

    Next. Jackson is your captain, it will devistate your teammates.

    Next. You effectivly stunt Sam Bradfords growth by taking away his run game, - see david carr, joey harrington.

    Next - Outside of bradford SJax is your most marketable player - meaning loss of revenue - meaning less money to spend on players going forward.

    AND THE LIST GOES ON!!!!!!
    Dude Really. Do you now how the draft works? Jason Smith? A sub par RT.

    We could have got two quality players for the price we paid for Smith.
    How many games have we one with SJ? How many would we had won without SJ? "THE SAME!!"......Rebuild means Rebuild.

  3. #33
    Bralidore(RAMMODE)'s Avatar
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    Jason Smith is also a RT who has just finished his first full season with potential up the a hole. Since when are guys labeled bust or sub par before really getting a legitimate chance to ascend?

    I think we all can say Saffold has far outlived his draft position, correct? Guess who allowed less sacks than Saffold? Smith.

    Does he need work? Of course. But we could do much worse than a Jason Smith who hasn't even grown into his potential yet.

  4. #34
    BEER's Avatar
    BEER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Jason Smith is also a RT who has just finished his first full season with potential up the a hole. Since when are guys labeled bust or sub par before really getting a legitimate chance to ascend?

    I think we all can say Saffold has far outlived his draft position, correct? Guess who allowed less sacks than Saffold? Smith.

    Does he need work? Of course. But we could do much worse than a Jason Smith who hasn't even grown into his potential yet.
    If you owned a company, would you let someone say they are going to buy you a porch and deliver a pinto? Hell no! Just think about it.

  5. #35
    Alec22's Avatar
    Alec22 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    23
    Posts
    614
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Dude Really. Do you now how the draft works? Jason Smith? A sub par RT.

    We could have got two quality players for the price we paid for Smith.
    How many games have we one with SJ? How many would we had won without SJ? "THE SAME!!"......Rebuild means Rebuild.
    So your argument that our ownership "DOESNT KNOW HOW TO DRAFT" is that we drafted Jason Smith?

    A Starting RT, who protected Bradford all year, who will be WITHOUT QUESTION our starting RT for the next 10 years as a good-great RT.

    Is he a top 5 RT in the league? No. But he will be a very good starter for us protecting our most important player for the next 10 years.

    Just admit you were wrong, theres no shame in that.

  6. #36
    BEER's Avatar
    BEER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    So your argument that our ownership "DOESNT KNOW HOW TO DRAFT" is that we drafted Jason Smith?

    A Starting RT, who protected Bradford all year, who will be WITHOUT QUESTION our starting RT for the next 10 years as a good-great RT.

    Is he a top 5 RT in the league? No. But he will be a very good starter for us protecting our most important player for the next 10 years.

    Just admit you were wrong, theres no shame in that.
    Kid, its about how much u spend on a certain player and the part he plays on the team. First round, overall number one pick, big!! big!! $$$$ . Thats at left Tackle son. Most RT's are 3rd or 4th round picks for much less Mula. You must be new to football so ill give you a pass this time. LOl..

  7. #37
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,397
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Billy Devaney said last year that he never understood the logic in those who suggested trading SJax, our best weapon, to rebuild. One year later, the same sentiment rings true. In football, if you have a proven talent, you do not even think about unloading the guy unless you have a proven replacement. You CERTAINLY don't get rid of him in the hopes of landing his replacement in the 2nd round.

    We DO have to get a back to complement SJax, either in this year's draft or thru free agency/trade. He is on the tail end of a great career. But his replacement is not of immediate concern.
    Well said. And I agree with the others who have noted what a devastating effect it would have on the team & this organization's rep through the league.I hope The Rams will get SJ to share the load more readily as time goes on but he's still a cornerstone of everything good that's happening.

    Even if you were crazy & coldblooded enough to risk that blow to chemistry and FA drawing power & thought it best to get out before the inevitable decline begins -which I don't believe it has - you'd have to get at least two immediately incredible players to come out ahead on any deal for SJ.

  8. #38
    BEER's Avatar
    BEER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Well said. And I agree with the others who have noted what a devastating effect it would have on the team & this organization's rep through the league.I hope The Rams will get SJ to share the load more readily as time goes on but he's still a cornerstone of everything good that's happening.

    Even if you were crazy & coldblooded enough to risk that blow to chemistry and FA drawing power & thought it best to get out before the inevitable decline begins -which I don't believe it has - you'd have to get at least two immediately incredible players to come out ahead on any deal for SJ.
    We used him 11 times! Whats the use having him if we dont use him for the biggest game we have had in a long time? We can "not use" any running back!

  9. #39
    Alec22's Avatar
    Alec22 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    23
    Posts
    614
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Kid, its about how much u spend on a certain player and the part he plays on the team. First round, overall number one pick, big!! big!! $$$$ . Thats at left Tackle son. Most RT's are 3rd or 4th round picks for much less Mula. You must be new to football so ill give you a pass this time. LOl..


    Before you insult my football knowledge, Jason Smith was picked #2, not number #1.

    Next. Smith was the teams LT, but Saffold played much better at LT than RT, so the rams chose to move Smith, not because he played poorly, but rather to maximize all of their rosters potential.

    Next. Who is the NFL's highest paid Offensive lineman? Which LT is it? Its Offensive GUARD Allan Faneca.

    Next. Lets look at last years draft alone shall we?

    #11 overall - RT Anthony Davis
    #17 overall - RG Mike Iupati
    #18 overall - C Pouncey
    #23 overall - RT Bulaga.

    Yes LT is more important, and often demands more money being the blindside, however a good RT with a lot of potential to protect the highest paid rookie of all time your qb bradford for the next decade is worth the #2 pick.

    Lastly:

    Do not insult my football knowledge, say i am "new to football" call me "son" etc. I have seen every rams game since 2003, and this year alone drove from ithaca ny to st. louis bymyself 23 hours each way to watch the rams at the dome.

    Twice.

    I do know what I am talking about.

  10. #40
    39WillRunYaOva's Avatar
    39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    let me think about this......no.....no......hell no

  11. #41
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,482
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    ...Let me start off by saying ARE YOU FRICKEN KIDDING ME?!?!
    I can think of many good reasons why Steven Jackson has his welcome here. Lemme start off with the fact that he's an elite RB, sure he's starting to wear off but he's still just as reliable as he was back in '06.
    He's the reason why our passing game is even at the opportunistic level. If it weren't for him, we'd either have Bradford with a cast on his right shoulder or our total offense ranked 32 or even BOTH.
    And most importantly.. he dedicated a part of his career playing for a team that has went 3-13, 2-14, 1-15. The kid is a pure team player who wants this team to come back to greatness. He has never complained one bit about those dismal seasons and his patience finally paid off having more wins than the last three seasons combined.

    So unless he wants to sign in the FA market, I'll be more than happy to keep him. We'll dig deep to find the fountain of youth if we have to seeing that there is one in the Meadowlands! Until then, my only true wish out of this team right now is TO get a Super Bowl ring for Steven Jackson before he retires. This guy's like the Isaac Bruce of RBs and sure Bruce has faced more dismal seasons but Jackson dealt with three consecutive seasons with significant losses and yet was still able to stand up for this team. He carries on Bruce's spirit and by god I just want the damn kid to be holding the Lombardi Trophy before he retires, I don't care if he's 40 and still on the active roster, he really deserves to be seeing and holding it!

  12. #42
    clarasDK's Avatar
    clarasDK is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    39
    Posts
    466
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambow View Post
    I appreciate all he's done, but this is a business and he has fallen off greatly. I dont want to hear poor SJax, there is no loyalty. Dont feel bad for him he became a millionaire doing what he loves. Now if someone offered a 2nd in the 30's I'd do it in a hot sec. What do you guys think?
    Is it first of april or something?

    Trading sj39 you must be kidding!

  13. #43
    Rambow is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    Check it dudes, I havent smoked crack in like 15 years. Now me myself wouldnt demand a 1st and 3rd for SJ, but I dont think he can fetch that these days. I bet a early 2nd the best we could get.

  14. #44
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    a
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambow View Post
    Check it dudes, I havent smoked crack in like 15 years. Now me myself wouldnt demand a 1st and 3rd for SJ, but I dont think he can fetch that these days. I bet a early 2nd the best we could get.
    Can you post your address? I'll send Steven Jackson by the next time he is in your area to autograph you with his knuckles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #45
    ljcrayton's Avatar
    ljcrayton is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Escondido, Ca
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

    Wow. We lose one game, end a season at 7-9 and number 2 in the division, we've broken every losing streak we had and you want to get rid of the reason we have done this?

    You want to get rid of our all time leading rusher? You want to get rid of our guaranteed 100 yard rusher per game? You want to get rid of our only pro bowl player? Our leader? Our team captain? Our workhorse? One of the only players next to bradford anyone can name on our team? The man that makes Bradford as good as he is because he demands 8 in the box? Why? Cuz he's had a couple of bad games? You wanna get rid of a man that played running back with a broken freakin hand....A BROKEN FREAKIN HAND!?!?!??!?!!!?!?! and you wanna replace him with a second round pick? are you serious? Running backs may come a dime a dozen, but a steven jackson comes once in a decade. You lose steven jackson and you draft a running back who doesn't demand 8 in the box, now clayton gets double covered, the slot receiver is cut off, and same gets blitzed like crazy cuz he doesn't have that extra second that steven jackson gives him.

    take away steven jackson and we would have a record since 07 of 3-48....those 3 wins being this year against the panthers, last year against the lions, and 07 against the cowgirls

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •