Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Systemlangstaff is offline Registered User

Re: Would you take a 2nd for SJax?

Those kind of fans p*** me off, SJ has played since '04 for a team in turmoil, when once have you heard him say I want off this team? He is the hardest working player in this league. Watch his webisode.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Remember the turmoil here when SJ overtook Marshal. The cycle continues with SJ's yet unknown "backup".

Jackson's value is "intrinsic". It degrades over time.

But he wont be traded, he'll do what good soldiers do.

He'll "fade away".
    Last edited by live4ramin; -01-10-2011 at 02:05 AM.
    That's the sound of hype and self promotion. Get ready.

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    Before you insult my football knowledge, Jason Smith was picked #2, not number #1.

Next. Smith was the teams LT, but Saffold played much better at LT than RT, so the rams chose to move Smith, not because he played poorly, but rather to maximize all of their rosters potential.

Next. Who is the NFL's highest paid Offensive lineman? Which LT is it? Its Offensive GUARD Allan Faneca.

Next. Lets look at last years draft alone shall we?

#11 overall - RT Anthony Davis
    #17 overall - RG Mike Iupati
    #18 overall - C Pouncey
    #23 overall - RT Bulaga.

Yes LT is more important, and often demands more money being the blindside, however a good RT with a lot of potential to protect the highest paid rookie of all time your qb bradford for the next decade is worth the #2 pick.

Lastly:

Do not insult my football knowledge, say i am "new to football" call me "son" etc. I have seen every rams game since 2003, and this year alone drove from ithaca ny to st. louis bymyself 23 hours each way to watch the rams at the dome.

Twice.

I do know what I am talking about.
    So your a Ram fan? Well welcome Alec.

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Systemlangstaff View Post
    Those kind of fans p*** me off, SJ has played since '04 for a team in turmoil, when once have you heard him say I want off this team? He is the hardest working player in this league. Watch his webisode.
    Jacksons great, but our team is not. Let him move on and let us move on.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    So your a Ram fan? Well welcome Alec.
    After proving you wrong in mupltiple areas, you can try and give some cocky a.ss answer but doesnt change the fact that you were once again exposed as an arrogant a..hole who simply posts simplistic pessimistic comments in every thread trying to create turmoil on the boards.

There is a reason your rep currently reads "BEER SLEEPS WITH THE W..HINERS"

Some of us actually are Rams fans and on behalf of myself along with the other members of this board who have actually taken the time to neg. rep you why dont you do us all a favor and just leave. Thank you.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

I'll trade Jackson for second round picks for the next 10 years. Then we might be able to find enough players to replace Jackson's impact on this team. Trade Jackson, and our entire offense goes through the trash compactor.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Isn't Jackson the only player to rush for over 1000 yards for the last 6 seasons?
    He did that for the most part behind a poor OL and without much of a passing game to compliment him. Often he has put this yardage up while regularly facing 8 men in the box. Now, the Rams OL is getting better and the passing game is improving. So you choose this time to dump Jackson?
    No. No thanks.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Other than Bradford I would say Jackson is the only other untouchable on our offensive unit.

Now if the Patriots want to give us 8 or 9 of their draft picks I would listen.

Sammy Ocho Bradford is offline Registered User

no.

do not want 2nd.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Whoa, whoa, whoa there my friend, no need to get personal. After all the wonderful thing about the Clan is that you are free to voice your opinion(s). But let's play nice & not take things personal. First of all let me say that I have enjoyed your post as they have proven to be both insightful & thought provoking.

Now to your question, while I would not trade "The Beast" for a 2nd rounder, I would consider it for: a 1 RD pick this year and a 2 RD pick next year. Some of our friends on the clan forget that this is afterall a business & if we want to make it to the next level & become a contender year in and year out like the dreaded Cheatriots, then we too are going to have to learn how & when to get rid of a player at the right time for the max you can get from him.
    Last edited by ManofGod; -01-13-2011 at 05:22 PM.

locazn is offline Registered User

C'mon Guys... Jackson is our All Time Rushing Leader! Let's stop this bs and let him retire a RAM!! He is the heart and soul of this team. He played his heart out for us man! He played through a groin injury, back injury and a broken finger for us this year and though out all these years...just a BEAST!!! Our team is finally on the rise... Let's keep this boat Sailing and add some number 1 receiver!! Sjax has been here Through all the bad times I want SJAX to be here for the good times!!! GOOO RAMSSS!!!!

Systemlangstaff is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Isn't Jackson the only player to rush for over 1000 yards for the last 6 seasons?
    He did that for the most part behind a poor OL and without much of a passing game to compliment him. Often he has put this yardage up while regularly facing 8 men in the box. Now, the Rams OL is getting better and the passing game is improving. So you choose this time to dump Jackson?
    No. No thanks.
    Finally someone starts talking some knowledge.

Trevor is offline Registered User

I sense a lot of hostility in this thread.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Systemlangstaff View Post
    Exactly, last year and the year before that we were horrible and had to rely on him to even have a decent offense and he is still with this team without any complaints! Probably the most loyal player in the league right now! Its only a matter of time before it all pays off!

MelloStang is offline Registered User

been a rams fan for30 some odd years, i have seen some god awful teams, believe me this team is getting close and if you give away the running game Bradford is going to look very very rookie all over again give this team an offseason with Bradford and give Steven Jackson that offseason to heal up and work with his QB next year could be fruit from this labor

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast