Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Drew is offline Registered User

Re: would you trade a #5 for pacman jones

well it would be a blindfolded swing of the bat in the dark but hell so is the draft anyway...

5th round pick,count me in!

Ramer is offline Registered User

I would, as long as we get him really cheap. However, he reminds me alot of Lawerence Phillips, can loose it at any time.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I agree 100%, this guy is a "cancer" in the lockerroom and a "train wreck" on the outside. He's undisciplined and 1 problem away from permanent suspension from the league. Nooooooooo Waaaaaaaaay!

Go Rams!:r
    Nuff said.

StlCrusaderX is offline Registered User

No Way! Would not like Ms Pacman on the Rams! They do not need the headache!
    Larry Benton - StlCrusaderX

Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that amateurs built the ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.

"Don't make me come down there!" - GOD

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I wouldn't make the move if they threw IN a 5th round draft pick. No way I want this loser on my team. He's a proven idiot. He's had too many chances already, in my book.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    would you give up a 5th round pick for the pacman? Lots of baggage for sure, also plenty of talent. How much downside is there at the cost of a 5th round pick. According to espn, a mid round pick will get him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    For a fifth round yes I would. I like Dante Hall as our returner but I'm skeptical if he can stay healthy for a full season, so Pacman comes in right away and improves our return game.

We could also use the depth at CB, I wouldn't start him over Hill, and I probably wouldn't start him over Brown although that's a toss up for me. I like the depth it adds at CB as much as I like his return skills.

A fresh start for Pacman may do him (and us) some good. For a 5th I'm willing to take the risk.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I would prefer for us not to take him. But if we do take him I won't be too upset. He is a playmaker. If Tye Hill comes around then Pacman Jones and Tye Hill would be a pretty solid 1-2 punch at cornerback. But I really am not nuts about the idea of signing thugs and idiots. I like having a locker room full of good guys, as much as possible.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I wouldnt take him as a free agent. Look who do we release if we bring him in? Do we get rid of Wade or Bartell? Then if the guy does something stupid we would be left with a big fat hole in our secondary. Let someone else take their chances on a stripper puncher. On the point of Moss and Owens and no one wanting them. They werent involed in making it rain and a stripper getting punched and a bouncer getting paralyzed from a gunshot. The reason you didnt hear much from Moss and Owens is because one they were winning and two they were getting a lot of touches. Owens is a time bomb that even when winning can go off if he isnt being thrown to. Pacman could kill team chemistry and I'd rather not sign a guy who didnt seem to learn his lesson. He still frequents strip clubs considering the fact that he allegedly punched another woman in one. I know the charges were dropped right after he padded her pockets. The Titans can keep him or give him to someone else.
    Just Fix It

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Talent and character. Without it a player won't make it. P man has talent but no character. He will never be the player he could be and there is no reason for Ram coaches to waste their time coaching this loser.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

If we can get rid of all the clubs in St. Louis would you trade for him? Trade for it, he's shown he has some talent, he is an upgrade over what we have now. Anyone mention he'd be our returner? 5th isn't bad, you don't count a 5th as an instant starter.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

I would give up a 5th for Pacman. Ryan is the first 5th rounder in like a million years that have actually stuck with the Rams, this team is cursed in the 5th round...plus we are sorely lacking at CB as you saw last year.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I wouldnt take him as a free agent. Look who do we release if we bring him in? Do we get rid of Wade or Bartell? Then if the guy does something stupid we would be left with a big fat hole in our secondary.
    If that's your worry then we don't get rid of either Wade or Bartell. We need the depth anyways. It's a little hard right now to start filling and cutting roster spots, so if this deal came up the last thing I'm worried about is who we have to cut.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    P.S. Having said all that, I'd still put out a 5th for him.
    Bingo. He's looking to redeem himself and will come at a cheap price. All the "distraction in the locker room" crap (and this goes for most players who have that label IMO) is just a bunch of media hype. When it comes to attitude concerning matters of the team, your teammates and playing football, it can be distracting, but the players couldn't care less what each other does in his personal life, and it doesn't affect them when it comes to playing football.

This is a tough call because we're not that weak at CB. I'm not a big fan of Fakhir Brown, but Hill, Bartell, and Wade all have big potential. The bottom line is that if we can get him for a 5th (I'd go 4th but no higher), he's an immediate upgrade at the cornerback/returner position for 90% of the NFL's teams.

This reminds me a lot of the Moss trade last year. I knew at the time that a 4th for Randy was a joke. C'mon, it's the freakin' Faiders. Did you really expect him to put up 1500 yards and 18 TDs there? The Patriots are most likely going to lose Asante Samuel - if they ended up getting Pac-Man for a 5th, I bet most teams in the NFL would be kicking themselves in the ass before the season even began.

:l

-jake-

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Pac Man Jones comes in and starts in the secondary immediately with Brown and Hill as the nickel. It also frees up roster space as he doubles as a return man.

We are a 3-13 team, who hasn't had a winninng season in few years, and with talent currently on this team it doesn't look good presently for a winning season next year. If everyone here would rather have an average team but with character players fine. I don't define my life by the character of the Rams. I just want them to win. If it takes a bunch form a thug life video......so be it.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    If everyone here would rather have an average team but with character players fine. I don't define my life by the character of the Rams. I just want them to win. If it takes a bunch form a thug life video......so be it.
    See, that's the thing. I have to at least kind of like the guys so that I want them to win. I mean what if Pac-man or one of his buddies decides to go postal on one of my friends in St. Louis? Am I still supposed to show up on Sunday and cheer for him because he's in a Rams uniform?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-15-2008, 01:21 PM