Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: would you trade a #5 for pacman jones

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Absolutely, my friend. But the question still stands......IS he destructive to the team? To the local strippers? Yes. To himself? Yes. But to the team? According to LenDale White and Vince Young, maybe not.
    They're entitled to their opinion HUb, but for me, his history speaks for itself. I would not feel comfortable having him on the Rams, but that's just me.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    That's true ramsbruce, but he was still in yet another strip club where he always seems to get into some kind of trouble.

There is no doubt Jones is a multi-talented football player, but I just see him as a lost cause who will only turn out to be an exercise in futility and wasted time. He's just not worth the effort IMO.
    Well we can't stop people from going to clubs, or drinking etc. We can only hope they make the right decisions while doing these things. For a 5th rounder and his talent I'm willing to chance it that he can change, and if he doesn't I'm ok with losing a 5th.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

I understand and appreciate the idea of no character issues, period. I get it and respect it. However, the last time we spent a draft pick on a 1st round talent with character issues, it was a higher pick (3rd) and on a kid with NO NFL experience (Wroten). Three years later and we're still holding out hope for that one, but won't be shaken if he's cut.

And folks, this is the SAME organization whose drafting abilities we blast like it's a hobby. If we have as little faith in the Rams ability to draft as we say........why be upset over a 5th round pick anyway?

And maybe, the question itself is throwing us off. The idea of "5th rounder vs. PacMan" might give us the quasi-false impression of potential. Certainly Clifton Ryan has bolstered that idea. But what if the question were such.......

.....would you trade Marques Hagan for PacMan?
    or Jerome Collins for PacMan?
    or Jason Shivers?
    or Kevin Garrett?
    or Dan Curley?
    or Shane Walton?

That 5th round pick isn't the beacon of hope it was a minute ago, is it?
    I read your post too fast and I thought you said KEVIN GARNETT at first and no I wouldn't trade GARNETT. We need a 6'11 CB

Great points HUb.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    We are a 3-13 team, who hasn't had a winninng season in few years, and with talent currently on this team it doesn't look good presently for a winning season next year. If everyone here would rather have an average team but with character players fine. I don't define my life by the character of the Rams. I just want them to win. If it takes a bunch form a thug life video......so be it.
    Ask Al Davis about "just win baby" with all his no character guys. Hasn't been a real good 20 years for Al. I guess I can't see that it comes down to a choice of either or. Why can't we get both talent and character?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Absolutely, my friend. But the question still stands......IS he destructive to the team? To the local strippers? Yes. To himself? Yes. But to the team? According to LenDale White and Vince Young, maybe not.
    Obviously some of us feel he would be destructive to team chemistry. We just don't need the distraction period. However, we probably won't even get a sniff of Pac-man with a #5 offer, at least as long as Al Davis is around -- Jones would be right at home in Oakland, where no doubt there are enough strip joints to keep him happy ..

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Well we can't stop people from going to clubs, or drinking etc. We can only hope they make the right decisions while doing these things.
    That's my problem with him, he makes all the wrong decisions and I see nothing to indicate he'll change. He's not a disaster waiting to happen, he's a disaster happening.

By the way, congrats on hitting 3000 posts my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    That's my problem with him, he makes all the wrong decisions and I see nothing to indicate he'll change. He's not a disaster waiting to happen, he's a disaster happening.

By the way, congrats on hitting 3000 posts my friend.
    Yep I understand where you are coming from Mike. I don't know if he will change or not, but that's where the risk reward comes in. I would like to think that he is still young and possibly a change of scenery will help out Pacman and in turn help us.

Thanks for the congrats. I may as well say congrats on 4000 posts to you now since you will be there in a few days Mike.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

blood85 is offline Registered User

No way, I say go out and find someone via draft or free agency.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    No way, I say go out and find someone via draft or free agency.
    but that's the whole issue in a nutshell, isn't it? Is someone we find in draft or free agency going to be able to play as well as the notorious PacMan Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    would you give up a 5th round pick for the pacman? Lots of baggage for sure, also plenty of talent. How much downside is there at the cost of a 5th round pick. According to espn, a mid round pick will get him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Hats off to GC!! Looks like he really struck a nerve here. Lots of folks on both sides of the fence which keeps it interesting. Congrats to all of you for keeping the discussion on topic without slighting one another personally ...

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

That's an easy one to answer Hub.

YES, he is distructive to a team.

This jerk can't keep his butt out of strip joints, even when told to. When this guy runs into the law again, and trust me, he will, what good does he do to his team when he's in court, or when he becomes the media circus that he will inevitably become. How can he, or his teammates focus on football with all the stuff going on around him? How many times does a man have to touch a hot stove before he realizes he'll get burnt? This guy just doesn't get it, or, he's dumber than wood. He's had more chances than he deserves. I don't want him on a team I root for, I don't care how good he is. This guy has no character and respects nothing, and I seriously doubt he'd be welcomed on any team.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post

This jerk can't keep his butt out of strip joints, even when told to. When this guy runs into the law again, and trust me, he will, what good does he do to his team when he's in court, or when he becomes the media circus that he will inevitably become. How can he, or his teammates focus on football with all the stuff going on around him? How many times does a man have to touch a hot stove before he realizes he'll get burnt? This guy just doesn't get it, or, he's dumber than wood. He's had more chances than he deserves. I don't want him on a team I root for, I don't care how good he is. This guy has no character and respects nothing, and I seriously doubt he'd be welcomed on any team.

Good point!! Even though NFL players play it close to the vest when discussing their peers, behind the scenes and off record, I doubt the Rams players would be overly enthused at the prospect of having Pac-man the Jerkman as a teammate ..

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Hats off to GC!! Looks like he really struck a nerve here. Lots of folks on both sides of the fence which keeps it interesting. Congrats to all of you for keeping the discussion on topic without slighting one another personally ...
    Agreed. This has been a great thread. Nice job GC.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post

PacMan's rookie year - Titans 4-12
    PacMan's 2nd year - Titans 8-8
    PacMan's suspended year - Titans 10-6

Two ways to view it:

1. PacMan IS/WAS a distraction and his suspension was the best thing that happened to the team....vis-a-vis their record w/o him

2. PacMan IS/WAS NOT a distraction as can be witnessed by a team that has continued to get better through all the drama that PacMan has brought with him.....vis-a-vis the drama doesn't penetrate the lockerroom door.

P.S. I once knew an Oak tree who could speak Spanish. He only knew the cuss words, but still that's pretty good for wood.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

PHAT-MONEY Guest

If we didint have strip clubs in missouri, then maybe i would. but that's not the case.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-15-2008, 01:21 PM