Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    bigredman Guest

Re: would you trade a #5 for pacman jones

The guy is a self absorbed idiot. While he has talent, there are other options out there that are just as good without the distractions he would bring. Let him stay in the strip bars and out of the NFL.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    The guy is a self absorbed idiot. While he has talent, there are other options out there that are just as good without the distractions he would bring. Let him stay in the strip bars and out of the NFL.
    Who's out there with his talent that could be had for a low draft pick like a 5th?

The whole point of even thinking about him is the low price.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

viper is offline Registered User

Maybe some of us should go down to a few of these strip clubs ourselves so that we can better determine their role in his behavior, thereby allowing us to make an informed decision. Who's in?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Maybe some of us should go down to a few of these strip clubs ourselves so that we can better determine their role in his behavior, thereby allowing us to make an informed decision. Who's in?
    Check with Dez to get some funds out of petty cash.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Wow, six pages on this human waste of space. It REALLY is the offseason isn't it?

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Who's out there with his talent that could be had for a low draft pick like a 5th?

Any team willing to let a player of Pacman's abilities go for a 5th round pick has a reason. He's trouble and not worth the problems he brings with his formidable skills. In this case, look a gift horse in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    Any team willing to let a player of Pacman's abilities go for a 5th round pick has a reason. He's trouble and not worth the problems he brings with his formidable skills. In this case, look a gift horse in the mouth.
    The reason is he wore out his welcome. Who says he can't change with a change of scenery. The way I see it we need help, and if we can get him for a 5th no matter how it turns out we didn't give up much.
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The reason is he wore out his welcome. Who says he can't change with a change of scenery. The way I see it we need help, and if we can get him for a 5th no matter how it turns out we didn't give up much.
    How is it that he wore out his welcome ?? .. The Titans needed help too which is why they took a chance on drafting him. Now it is firesale time -- Pac-man has removed all doubt from the Titans minds as to his "character" I don't want him as a street free agent let alone a 5th rd pick ..

Pacman Jones Criminal Record
    Posted on: March 2nd, 2007bumpshack
    Adam ‘Pacman’ Jones is the poster child for everything that is wrong with the NFL. NFL teams continue to draft thugs and convicts without regarding for their moral character or criminal record. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is considering a proposal where NFL players will be kicked out of the league after three strikes.

Here is a rap sheet look at all of Pacman’s brushes with the law since joining the NFL’s Tennessee Titans:

July 13, 2005- Arrested and charged with assault and felony vandalism after a nightclub altercation. This began Pacman Jones NFL rap sheet. He already had a lengthy one from high school and college.

September 5, 2005- Adam was invited to attend the Nashville Sports Council Kickoff Luncheon. Jones went off on a verbal tirade while being told to wait for his car after the event. He then refused to tip the valet service.

October 2005- State of West Virginia filed a petition stating that Jones had not been contacting his probation officer and that he had not reported his July 2005 arrest. The judge extended the probation for just 90 days.

March 23, 2006- Charged with marijuana possession in Fayetteville, Georgia. He went on to claim that he knew how to beat the NFL’s drug test.

August 25, 2006- Arrested for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after being ordered by the cops to leave a Murfreesboro night club several times. Jones claimed a woman stole his wallet. The woman claimed that Jones spat on her. The judge in the case gave Pacman six months probation and told him to stay away from the club.

October 26, 2006- Jones was issued a citation for misdemeanor assault after a female student from Tennessee State University claimed that Jones spit in her face at a Nashville night club.

Feburary 19, 2007- The facts are disputed and no charges have been made yet, but Jones was in the middle of a fight and shooting at a strip club in Las Vegas that left one man paralyzed and two more wounded. The fight broke out after Jones showered strippers on stage with $81,000 dollars. The club owner claims Jones was beating a strippers head against the bar while claiming to kill one of the club’s employees.

January 3, 2008- Pacman is accused of punching Wanda S. Jackson in the face at an Atlanta strip club called the Body Tap Strip Club. Jackson says Jones reached over the counter and sucker punched her in her left eye.

The above time line doesn’t include his sentence of one year in prison for bar fight in Morgantown, West Virginia while in college. The sentence was later suspended in exchange for two years of probation (because he is a really good football player).
    We need to continue to try and upgrade our team whenever possible, but let's draw a line on hiring thugs .. It would appear that the only changes in scenery Jones is looking for are new strip joints where there are unsuspecting women he can sucker punch. If we truly need help, this guy is not the answer ..

bigredman Guest

I would trade Dominique Byrd for him before I would give up a draft pick. At least we get rid of some dead weight in the exchange. I don't like giving up draft picks on gambles like pacman, regardless of the round.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

im not sure bringing Pacman to a team with Scott Linehan as HC is a good idea. Linehans coaching method led to Torry Holt blowing up on the sideline, how the hell is Linehan supposed to handle Pacman?

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    How is it that he wore out his welcome ?? .. The Titans needed help too which is why they took a chance on drafting him. Now it is firesale time -- Pac-man has removed all doubt from the Titans minds as to his "character" I don't want him as a street free agent let alone a 5th rd pick ..

We need to continue to try and upgrade our team whenever possible, but let's draw a line on hiring thugs .. It would appear that the only changes in scenery Jones is looking for are new strip joints where there are unsuspecting women he can sucker punch. If we truly need help, this guy is not the answer ..
    I did not even know he had all those legal problems. Yuck. I do not want Pac-Man in a Ram's uniform even if the Titans gave us a 5th round pick.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

I take back anything I said about the risk vs. reward with this guy. Any guy that frequently, as a hobby decides to slap women around ( even women that are less than virtous ) is a jackass. I for one would not care for him to have any affiliation with my favorite NFL franchise. I knew he was a divining rod for trouble, but I didn't know he was a coward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    You answered your own question. He wore out his welcome by making dumb decisions and getting in trouble. We all know that.

Look it's simple, it's risk/reward. I'm ok with risking a 5th for the reward and if it doesn't work out, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I would trade Dominique Byrd for him before I would give up a draft pick. At least we get rid of some dead weight in the exchange. I don't like giving up draft picks on gambles like pacman, regardless of the round.
    I would be ok with giving up Byrd instead but I don't think they need him. I'm still ok with a 5th though.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

this is not a Randy Moss situation where a guy can come back and change things. I don't think he was a big time player in the first place when he was playing. To much of a risk. Guys like this shouldn't be and aren't a good fit in this new organization. We need a high character guys who are still great players.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-15-2008, 01:21 PM