Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Re: would you trade a #5 for pacman jones

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    You answered your own question. He wore out his welcome by making dumb decisions and getting in trouble. We all know that.

Look it's simple, it's risk/reward. I'm ok with risking a 5th for the reward and if it doesn't work out, so be it.
    What glimmer .. small flicker of attitude change displayed by Jones has given you hope that he would be a new man were he to don the Blue and Gold?

You're right .. it is simple .. I don't want a guy who sucker punches women representing my team ... period !!
    Last edited by MauiRam; -02-20-2008 at 05:00 AM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    What glimmer .. small flicker of attitude change displayed by Jones has given you hope that he would be a new man were he to don the Blue and Gold?

You're right .. it is simple .. I don't want a guy who sucker punches women representing my team ... period !!
    I believe in giving a guy another chance, new team, new city to redeem himself. Maybe he can change, maybe not, nobody knows.

As for him punching this girl in the face, she withdrew the complaint so what really happened? I know if I was her and got punched in the face I wouldn't withdraw the complaint.

Everyone cheers Leonard Little and yet he killed a woman with his stupidity. Then he got caught again doing the same thing but got off because the police made some mistake while testing him or arresting him I don't remember exactly what it was but he got off on some sort of technicality.

So everyone who doesn't want Pacman because he is a "bad" guy shouldn't want Little either right?
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I'd give a 4th for him without a second thought.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

I too believe a man deserves a second chance, but the man in question also has to show he wants to change. I've seen no change in Pacman's behavior that leads me to believe he wants to change. I fully understand the risk vs. reward here, And our beloved commish Goodell will have his watchful eye all over Pacman just waiting for a reason to suspend him again. So with Pacman acting like a ambassador for trouble waiting to happen, it's just a matter of time before Goodell sits him down again. Just say NO to Pacman being a Ram

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    I too believe a man deserves a second chance, but the man in question also has to show he wants to change. I've seen no change in Pacman's behavior that leads me to believe he wants to change. I fully understand the risk vs. reward here, And our beloved commish Goodell will have his watchful eye all over Pacman just waiting for a reason to suspend him again. So with Pacman acting like a ambassador for trouble waiting to happen, it's just a matter of time before Goodell sits him down again. Just say NO to Pacman being a Ram
    The thing is how much do you really know about if or how much he has changed? You don't, I don't, nobody outside of Pacman's circle knows. We get what the media gives us and not much if anything else. I hope the kid can get it together.

Goodell went hard on Pacman and made an example of him and deservedly so. So if Goodell let's him back in the league that's his second chance.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I believe in giving a guy another chance, new team, new city to redeem himself. Maybe he can change, maybe not, nobody knows.

As for him punching this girl in the face, she withdrew the complaint so what really happened? I know if I was her and got punched in the face I wouldn't withdraw the complaint.

Everyone cheers Leonard Little and yet he killed a woman with his stupidity. Then he got caught again doing the same thing but got off because the police made some mistake while testing him or arresting him I don't remember exactly what it was but he got off on some sort of technicality.

So everyone who doesn't want Pacman because he is a "bad" guy shouldn't want Little either right?
    Giving a guy a second chance is commendable providing that the person needing the chance has indicated genuine remorse and admits to having made a mistake in the first place. I don't see any of that with Pac-man, in fact just the opposite, it's everyone elses fault. If Jones gave a press conference and apologised for his behavior, and came across as being honest about wanting to turn over a new leaf with a fresh start .. he probably would have some takers. The fact is he hasn't. Comparing him to Little is a stretch. Yes what happened with Leonard was tragic, but Little is an existing player for the Rams. This thread was predicated on whether one would or wouldn't trade a 5th for Jones. My answer is absolutely not. I don't believe for a minute that he has any desire to change.

Regarding the withdrawal of charges, my understanding is a settlement was arranged. She chose to cash in .. This wasn't a first offense for Jones. He has a history of treating women shabbily. I perceive the guy to be a punk and a troublemaker who at the rate he is going, will end up like Lawrence Phillips. Sorry, but no thanks .. as in the long run I believe he'd do more harm than good to our team, One last thing .. I hope someday the light goes on for him and he can turn things around, but by then he'll likely no longer be an NFL player ..

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Giving a guy a second chance is commendable providing that the person needing the chance has indicated genuine remorse and admits to having made a mistake in the first place. I don't see any of that with Pac-man, in fact just the opposite, it's everyone elses fault. If Jones gave a press conference and apologised for his behavior, and came across as being honest about wanting to turn over a new leaf with a fresh start .. he probably would have some takers. The fact is he hasn't. Comparing him to Little is a stretch. Yes what happened with Leonard was tragic, but Little is an existing player for the Rams. This thread was predicated on whether one would or wouldn't trade a 5th for Jones. My answer is absolutely not. I don't believe for a minute that he has any desire to change.

Regarding the withdrawal of charges, my understanding is a settlement was arranged. She chose to cash in .. This wasn't a first offense for Jones. He has a history of treating women shabbily. I perceive the guy to be a punk and a troublemaker who at the rate he is going, will end up like Lawrence Phillips. Sorry, but no thanks .. as in the long run I believe he'd do more harm than good to our team, One last thing .. I hope someday the light goes on for him and he can turn things around, but by then he'll likely no longer be an NFL player ..
    I would think Pacman has been advised not to have a "press conference" apologizing until he clears up his troubles. So you can't just assume that because he hasn't had a press conference that he isn't sorry. We don't know what he is, so again it's risk/reward.

I don't think it's a stretch bringing up Little at all. Your answer is no to Pacman which is fine, but you're reasons for not wanting Pacman are because he gets in trouble, and makes stupid decisions. Well so did Little, more than once. So since Little was an existing player when it happened then you must have wanted him cut right? How could you have him on the team after what he had done? Little clearly didn't change after he killed that woman because he was still driving intoxicated 5 and a half years after that. So for you at that point he shouldn't be on the team and you wouldn't cheer for him right? Little was probably still drinking and driving after the time he killed that woman, and before he got caught again and got lucky getting off on a technicality years later. So it seems like you gave Little a couple of chances, why is that? Why is Pacman different?

The way I see it, Little and Pacman are both on their last chances.

I have looked and seen nothing about there being a cash settlement with Pacman. Do you have a link? I know she withdrew the complaint and she won't help the police so they aren't investigating. I don't think you can just assume there was a cash settlement because she withdrew the complaint. He has such a huge target on him because of his stupidity other people can look to take advantage also. So we don't know why she withdrew the complaint, was it cash or was she lying to begin with. Who knows.

This has been an interesting "offseason" thread to say the least. I bet Goodell doesn't even reinstate Pacman this year.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-15-2008, 01:21 PM