View Poll Results: Would you trade Tavon Austin for the #10 overall draft selection?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 23.81%
  • No

48 76.19%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Would You Trade Tavon Austin?

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Re: Would You Trade Tavon Austin?

Voted no, but wanted to vote hell no!

A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

vanillasue is offline Registered User

you would be lucky to get a 4th round for Austin at this point. Many teams would not even consider him because of his size. Many people in this forum set off the alarm before the draft about this very point.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Do you think you could get a #10 for him?

Not saying it's entirely his fault or that he has no talent but what has he produced?

Just another high draft pick on a losing team that has no chemistry.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Let's not let last week's great defensive performance take away from one indisputable fact: The defense this year has been just as much a part of the problem as the offense. At least the offense has some legitimate excuses: a back-up QB, and rookie or 2nd yr. guys at the skill positions. With Long, Langford, Laurinaitis, Finnegan, Quinn, etc, the defense largely cannot say the same.

Getting back to the original question, I think it would be ridiculous to unload Austin. What good are all these draft picks we have if you aren't committed to them? You draft guys to cultivate and develop- not jettison because they don't turn into immediate superstars. Having said that, we need to see a return on the Quicks, the Austins, the Peads, the Kendricks etc. It's been a decidedly mixed bag.

Austin has the tools to be part of the solution here. It is the coaching staff's responsibility to get the most out of him, as it is with every other player.
    MauiRam and PARamfan like this.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

The most important thing about a rookie player is getting him up to an NFL level of play--that is where your OC does, help develop your skill players and that window for teaching is a tight one.

If the Rams keep Schotty, trade Austin because after a few seasons of this idiot Austin might make a good bench warmer--might as well as get some value out of Austin till the organization gets a clue and kicks Schotty to the curb

Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Austin has the tools to be part of the solution here. It is the coaching staff's responsibility to get the most out of him, as it is with every other player.
    I'm not calling you out. We all say these things year after year. And yet year after year nothing changes. The rams continue to be losers.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

We need to use Quick more.. Create 3 or 4 plays for him to learn each week. Don't make him learn the whole playbook, just a few plays for him to run each week. I could draw a play in the sand for him to run, you can not tell me he could run routes in college successfully and not be able to learn a few plays so that we can get him in the game more.

And we don't use Bailey on a few plays every game either??? And we don't use Cook half the time, and Tavon is only in for 2 yard passes. What the heck is this offense doing.....seriously.

What frustrates me is the arrogance this coaching staff had during pre-season as if they had the GSOT 2.0 and were going to unleash it come game day in the regular season. Come to find out they have no clue about running a spread offense. Fisher only knows defense and Schott is inept. There is almost no scheme to help his players get separation. It's all hoping our guy beats their guy to get open.

Mismanaged. Misused. Lot's of talent being wasted. Feels a lot like the Spag days of not too long ago.

Agree that Tavon is a luxury that would make a great offensive team even more impossible to stop, but just creates a quandry for a basic offense like ours. With a true #1, Tavon would create problems for defenses.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Would You Trade Tavon Austin? ...NO! Not this year, not next.

Would You Trade Schottenheimer? Yes. When? -- ASAP?

Totally understandable that the Schotty theme came up as a byproduct of TA. In fact, inevitable.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User
    No thanks on the trade. He had 3 TDs + two more 40+ yard returns. All called back. He will keep improving and be the x factor in our team for years. 2 1sts.. sure. . But not one. Unless maybe it's the Jaguars haha

Sent from my Samsung using Forum Runner
    RealRam likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Horns View Post
    I'm not calling you out. We all say these things year after year. And yet year after year nothing changes. The rams continue to be losers.

I can't argue with a thing you said, and it's a huge frustration being a Rams fan. You'd think we'd have a winning season at least ONE YEAR by accident, but we continue to spin our wheels. One unit gets good, another one falters. We start showing positive signs, then we stumble. Somebody starts to have success, he gets injured. A never-ending cycle year after year after year. I wish I had answers.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -11-04-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    Curly Horns likes this.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    With Long, Langford, Laurinaitis, Finnegan, Quinn, etc, the defense largely cannot say the same.

This is the group right now that disappoints me the most. They are a big reason for the loss yesterday and I'm starting to think a few of these so-called stars aren't everything they're cracked up to be.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Tavon Austin is a 5'8" WR in the NFL. When he takes the field, sitting in the stands, he looks like one of the kids from the pee wee football teams who are playing at half time who took the field about 45 minutes too early. And he's no Devon Hester either. So, we wasted a high pick. Now we're stuck with making decisions going into the FA market and Draft. Priceless.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

I wouldn't trade him. I don't even think we need to get that creative for him to be successful. What he needs is to be on the field every down so the defense doesn't key on him when he finally does get in the game. Right now you can spot the Austin plays a mile away.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    I wouldn't trade him. I don't even think we need to get that creative for him to be successful. What he needs is to be on the field every down so the defense doesn't key on him when he finally does get in the game. Right now you can spot the Austin plays a mile away.
    Agreed. His plays have seemed telegraphed.

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    At the end of the day though Tavon is still getting experience. I think you'll see Quick, TA, givens, Bailey and a high priced veteran come as our receiving corp next season.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast