View Poll Results: Would you trade Tavon Austin for the #10 overall draft selection?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 23.81%
  • No

48 76.19%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Would You Trade Tavon Austin?

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Re: Would You Trade Tavon Austin?

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    To me it's either Brian Schottenheimer goes or Tavon will never be fully utilized. I do NOT condone getting rid of Schotty. Everyone can complain as much as they want but they don't realize what it takes to run an offense. It's very easy to say "hire someone from NE or NO because their offenses are good so they will come here and run a similar offense".... No. It does not work like that. We tried that with Josh McDaniels and all that did was set us back 1 year and we finished with one of our worst seasons in history, not to mention our prized QB was almost sacked to death and many were starting to say he was "David Carr"....

Schotty has been excellent for us. Our run game has been phenomenal the last few weeks. Our line has been playing aggressive and Stacy is finding holes all over the place. Give Schotty a guy like Larry Fitz or Calvin Johnson and I promise you he'll be a top 3 OC in the league.. Remember Scott Linehan? Most of you guys ran him outta town and now he runs of the most high octane offenses in the league.

To me Tavon is a guy that's just a problem. He's a guy you physically have to create and devise a game plan for- for him to be effective. I'd rather have a guy like Nuk Hopkins who you simply plug-in on the outside and let him beat defenders by nifty route running and strong hands. Tavon is a guy that needs certain plays created for him to be successful. Now I'm not saying it was a mistake taking him, but it's not looking good.

This is why I'd trade Tavon for a first (#10) if I had the chance. I'd get a traditional WR (Sammy Watkins/ Marqise Lee/ Mike Evans) and try to succeed with them.
    Josh McDaniel is not what I had in mind as he was a proven failure in Denver so I have no idea why he was hired. A better example would have been guys in the mold of say Bruce Arians or Sean Peyton. Schottenheimer has a proven record that is less than stellar going back to the Jets. The stats are clear on his lack of production. Look it up.

Jury is still out on Tavon Austin - We will know by the end of next year if it was worth giving up what we did to take him. I have always liked to trade down as opposed to up. Obviously, I loved it when we let Redskins take RG1 for all those picks - I knew RG1 would be a bust. Have to be real careful you don't destroy your franchise for 5 years by taking a bust QB early on - Seen it too many times in the NFL. He had big windows to throw to at Baylor - dat don't happen in da NFL as there are no big windows in the NFL

Don't like Mike Evans - Manzeil made him a star. Do like Watkins and Lee, but it would not break my heart if we took 2 OL's in the first round next year. You protect Bradford and he will get it done.

richtree is offline Registered User

no because the NFL is a big play league and Big Plays are our biggest weakness...trading Tavon would be cutting our head to spite our nose....

and the new guys would still be in the same offense......

TNRamFan23 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Schotty has been excellent for us.
    hawaiianpunch likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456