Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    But these Bulger threads are really turning this entire forum into a laughing stock of a joke ...

    And what can really be done about it? I know the moderator's hands are tied, because, well, we all have freedom of speech, but this is getting just a tad bit ridiculous ...

    Thread, after thread, after thread, about Bulger keeps getting posted on this forum. The arguments are ridiculous for the most part, and I think the guiltiest party might be those that actually respond to the crap that is posted. I can say this because I am one of them!

    But no more, I'm just not going to take part in that nonsense. It's pointless. Those that hate Bulger will always hate him. When he performs well, they'll just dissapear into the sunset, just waiting for the day to bash him again at the first opportunity of him struggling ...

    I just don't get it, I don't get the attitude. It's a new season, new opportunity, and every bit of enjoyment is getting sucked out of it early because every where I look on this forum I see these terrible, repetitive threads ....

    It makes the experience here very cumbersome. I love being here, I think this is best Ram's forum on the web, but it's getting a little out of hand ...

    Maybe a seperate forum for Bulger bashing? Or just put a stop to it all together, somehow, someway? Something needs to be done, or eventually people will walk away, because it just won't be worth it ...

    Just something to think about. I rest on the side of eternal optimism, and a quick visit to the boards these days is enough to bring me down ...


  2. #2
    Punisher73's Avatar
    Punisher73 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    You could always choose to just not read them. Topics on this forumare like food on a buffet. You dont have to eat everything on the buffet to enjoy it. (sorry I'm a fat boy lol)

  3. #3
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher73 View Post
    You could always choose to just not read them. Topics on this forumare like food on a buffet. You dont have to eat everything on the buffet to enjoy it. (sorry I'm a fat boy lol)
    Sure, simple solution, but been here quite awhile and know how it works ...

    It's everywhere, it seems to get intermingled in many, many threads these days, not just ones with Bulger in the title. As long as Bulger is here, trash will consistently pop up about him in all kinds of threads ...

    I shouldn't have to be concerned about openings threads, and wondering what kind of garbage might be waiting ...

    Browsing a forum about the Rams should be fun, not a job. Take away the Bulger garbage, and there is little to read, other than the AP news releases that get posted. I can see them anywhere ...

    Maybe my expectations are too high, but quality of thread has seemed to go downhill with Bulger's apparent "decline" in play ...

    I've browsed others forums, and while there is random nonsense, I've never seen such a consistent barage of this kind of thing. It's rather absurd ....
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -08-18-2009 at 02:05 PM.

  4. #4
    RamFan_Til_I_Die's Avatar
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,140
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    People can post whatever they want, it's never going to stop, so just ignore it.

  5. #5
    ScottD413's Avatar
    ScottD413 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York
    Age
    35
    Posts
    666
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    People can post whatever they want, it's never going to stop, so just ignore it.
    Not true. Posts "mysteriously disappear" all the time

  6. #6
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,291
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    Not true. Posts "mysteriously disappear" all the time
    No mystery about posts that disappear. There is almost always, without exception, a reason noted for a thread or post "disappearing". IMO, there should be a lot more disappearances.


    As far as the board being inundated with Bulger threads, it's to be expected after what happened in the first preseason game and the subsequent news of the finger injury. It also doesn't help that there are many here who insist on stirring the pot every chance they get. Marc Bulger has been and I'm sure will always be a lightning rod for discussion, especially here at ClanRam. It's just a reality we all have to accept.

    AvengerRam did try to warn everybody about giving the "attention seeking haters" what they want, didn't he?

  7. #7
    RamFan_Til_I_Die's Avatar
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,140
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    My favorite part of this thread is the thread itself...hey I'm sick of the Bulger threads, so I'll start one myself................

  8. #8
    maineram's Avatar
    maineram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Brunswick, Maine
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Maybe some of them will eventually drift off to the latest and greatest upcoming QB's.

    Here's the list;

    Stafford
    Sanchez
    Ryan
    Flacco
    Quinn
    Russell
    Young

    Pick one and brag away........ or just stay and be a RAMS fan !!!!!

    We are what we are, take it or leave it.

    Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

  9. #9
    maxxdigger's Avatar
    maxxdigger is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    mo
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    well if you listened to the broadcast of the jets rams game and then watched nfl network coverage, Then you would all know that they have already given mark sanchez a hall of fame pass

    does that help
    shoot maybe the rams should have drafted snachez (lmao)

  10. #10
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,043
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    My favorite part of this thread is the thread itself...hey I'm sick of the Bulger threads, so I'll start one myself................
    I almost wrote the same thing but I was trying to get involved in another Bulger thread.

  11. #11
    RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,071
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    I've started reading this forum much less over the last couple of weeks because of the neverending Bulger-debates that recently re-ignited. I'm just sick of it. As you say it's a valid football topic so you can't really ask the Mods to delete the threads or anything, but it sure sucks to listen to it 24/7 anyway. I have no hope for things to improve unless Bulger either flat-out sucks or plays Pro Bowl football all year - anything in between will be analyzed and found to support whichever conclusion people had beforehand on both sides. All. Year. Long. Sigh.

    I'm critical of Bulger and I'm not sure he'll ever be a top-15 QB again, but I have to agree that there's a certain group of Bulger-bashers that basically make the rest of us (the rest of those who question Bulger) look like rambling morons because we're "on their side" so to speak. I'd say there are some similar individuals on the other side of the debate too, but any neutral observer would say there are more moronic bashers than apologists - probably because trollish people have an innate tendency towards the negative doom & gloom.

    Reminds you of the whole "Pro/Con Martz" debate or the old classic "Warner vs. Bulger" doesn't it? I suppose flamefests like that are the nature of Internet message boards...

  12. #12
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,635
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    I have said this before, and I will repeat:

    There are three sides to this -
    1. Bulger sucks.
    2. Bulger is great.
    3. The truth.

    As AvengerRam has said, be prepared for the haters seeking attention.

    I think we should give them attention. Whenever you read a post where someone is posting just because they want attention, usually on a topic that is clearly just to start trouble...

    Negative rep 'em.

    Members can click on the little scale looking thingie in the upper right of each post to give rep. If you click on "I approve", this gives the person positive rep points. Clicking on "I disapprove", this subtracts rep. Eventually, if enough people do this, the person might get the message. If they don't, well, it still feels good to negative rep someone who deserves it!

  13. #13
    diehard99's Avatar
    diehard99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Dear Infiniti wondering how you will respond after we finally get our O-line fixed and Bulger still has problems? I supose youll blame it on all these years of him getting sacked and hit too much. Bulger is a system QB. A Martz system that didnt just not protect Bulger but our beloved Warner, a guy who definately has a nack for tossing TD passes- strength under pressure-something bulger has always lacked.

  14. #14
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I have said this before, and I will repeat:

    There are three sides to this -
    1. Bulger sucks.
    2. Bulger is great.
    3. The truth.

    As AvengerRam has said, be prepared for the haters seeking attention.

    I think we should give them attention. Whenever you read a post where someone is posting just because they want attention, usually on a topic that is clearly just to start trouble...

    Negative rep 'em.

    Members can click on the little scale looking thingie in the upper right of each post to give rep. If you click on "I approve", this gives the person positive rep points. Clicking on "I disapprove", this subtracts rep. Eventually, if enough people do this, the person might get the message. If they don't, well, it still feels good to negative rep someone who deserves it!
    I understand what your trying to do, but I am not sure that this will just become a pissing contest, you give me bad rep so now I will give you bad rep,I am a Bulger fan and I think he will turn it around but if someone doesn't agree they shouldn't get negative rep just because I don't agree with them,theres times when I don't agree with the guys who run to Bulgers aid everytime but I wouldn't give them negative rep either.I guess the best solution is to just move on to the next post, or the next post or go all the way down the page until you find one or better yet the Rams win the super bowl and Bulger wins the MVP award and then,just maybe this will all stop.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -08-18-2009 at 08:46 PM.

  15. #15
    Varg6's Avatar
    Varg6 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,613
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    I think we are all just sick of losing and I can understand being worried however it's only pre-season...I think we should all start worrying about being ridiculous once the season actually starts! Can we all agree to that, please!?


    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •