Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    I have some sympathy with the sentiments expressed in the OP but the only reason I started posting again in the last week or so rather than waiting until the season started was because of what I see as the ridiculous nature of the criticism.

    Its what feeds boards like this and as long as it stays away from the personalised roughhouse stuff that you occasionally see elsewhere then I think its reasonably healthy.

    I need something to aim at and btimsah's quest for the Unicorn has painted a target as big as a house


  2. #17
    MOM's Avatar
    MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Age
    38
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Here's his unicorn...I threw in the rainbows for free...pass them along at your leisure...LOL

    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

  3. #18
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,513
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I think we are all just sick of losing and I can understand being worried; however, it's only pre-season... I think we should all start worrying about being ridiculous once the season actually starts! Can we all agree to that, please!?
    Yes sireeee, can do! Good idea too.


    Infinite, you have a point in that there are currently just too many MB posts flying all over this place. Much of it being much ado about nothing.

    I've chosen to take a back seat to all this and "pick my battles" on the Bulger bashing so to speak. To me, many an argument placed here about our QB is simply target shooting or just waisting time and PC life, or keyboard - bored.

    I'm trying to take all this Bulger bowl with a grain of salt, relaxed and awaiting something more worthwhile, realizing that it's only pre-season as V6 said.


    PS: Hmmm, now that I think about it [!], THIS may be the best thread on Bulger!
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-18-2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Tyop

  4. #19
    LifeLongRam Guest

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    typical infiniti thread, instead of starting a thread about one of the many things going on in the RAM world, he feels the need to bash other members/ram fans opinions. this is a trend around here on clanram. if you don't like a thread don't read it, simple as that. you don't have to cry and whine about it, like a little kid not getting his way.
    every couple months or so infiniti has to start a thread bashing or complaining about posts or threads, to me that is a troll, these threads only stir things up more then they already are.

    you all need to get over it and get ready for a new season..

    up with the rams.... down with the trolls..

  5. #20
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRam View Post
    typical infiniti thread, instead of starting a thread about one of the many things going on in the RAM world, he feels the need to bash other members/ram fans opinions. this is a trend around here on clanram. if you don't like a thread don't read it, simple as that. you don't have to cry and whine about it, like a little kid not getting his way.
    every couple months or so infiniti has to start a thread bashing or complaining about posts or threads, to me that is a troll, these threads only stir things up more then they already are.

    you all need to get over it and get ready for a new season..

    up with the rams.... down with the trolls..

    "Tsk, Tsk," says the man with 29 posts ...

    Curious if you've EVER started a thread. I've started five times more productive threads than you have TOTAL posts ...

    Am I not entitled to call garbage, garbage? As much so as people are entitled to write it ....

    You tell me to ignore the threads/posts, not to cry and whine, yet you failed to ignore my post, and you felt the need to cry and whine about my attitude ...

    Hmmmm ....

  6. #21
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,672
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    Not true. Posts "mysteriously disappear" all the time
    Nothing mysterious about it, Scott, my friend. When a post violates a rule, it is deleted. An example would be making a post that, oh I don't know, say called the ClanRam "fascist". Well, that particular post would be a violation of Rule 1...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClanRam rule 1
    If you can not be civil when posting during threads then your post will be removed without warning and no explanation will be given.
    Another example would be a post written directly to a Mod regarding a decision with which the poster disagreed. That violates Rule 5. So if a poster were to post on a forum something like, "You know what (Mod's name), you win okay? Every time I post something on this board, you come along and rip me apart. It doesn't even matter what I say. You have a superiority complex. The power of being a MOD has completely gone to your head."......that would violate Rule 5...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClanRam rule 5
    If you need to talk to a ClanRam Moderator, please PM them.
    The PM system is a wonderful tool for situations like this. You are an excellent example of someone who has done a great job of utilizing the PM system in these instances. We appreciate that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  7. #22
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,050
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Nothing mysterious about it, Scott, my friend. When a post violates a rule, it is deleted. An example would be making a post that, oh I don't know, say called the ClanRam "fascist". Well, that particular post would be a violation of Rule 1... Another example would be a post written directly to a Mod regarding a decision with which the poster disagreed. That violates Rule 5. So if a poster were to post on a forum something like, "You know what (Mod's name), you win okay? Every time I post something on this board, you come along and rip me apart. It doesn't even matter what I say. You have a superiority complex. The power of being a MOD has completely gone to your head."......that would violate Rule 5... The PM system is a wonderful tool for situations like this. You are an excellent example of someone who has done a great job of utilizing the PM system in these instances. We appreciate that.

    I'm not trying to stir up trouble, but perhaps this could have been a PM to him, rather than a public post, which is rather unflattering to him.

  8. #23
    ScottD413's Avatar
    ScottD413 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York
    Age
    35
    Posts
    666
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    "Tsk, Tsk," says the man with 29 posts ...

    Curious if you've EVER started a thread. I've started five times more productive threads than you have TOTAL posts ...
    So if you don't have thousands of posts that means you don't know what your talking about huh? Having many posts on a message board doesn't make you any smarter than anyone else.

    And he has a point. You do constantly lash out and belittle anybody who has a differing opinion. Debate is fine, but sometimes you're downright rude

  9. #24
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,672
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I'm not trying to stir up trouble, but perhaps this could have been a PM to him, rather than a public post, which is rather unflattering to him.
    Not at all, shower. The only mention of Scott is in his appropriate use of the PM system, which I greatly appreciate. The preceding discussion of the rules is a general statement that is beneficial to all members.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  10. #25
    ScottD413's Avatar
    ScottD413 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York
    Age
    35
    Posts
    666
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Nothing mysterious about it, Scott, my friend. When a post violates a rule, it is deleted. An example would be making a post that, oh I don't know, say called the ClanRam "fascist". Well, that particular post would be a violation of Rule 1... Another example would be a post written directly to a Mod regarding a decision with which the poster disagreed. That violates Rule 5. So if a poster were to post on a forum something like, "You know what (Mod's name), you win okay? Every time I post something on this board, you come along and rip me apart. It doesn't even matter what I say. You have a superiority complex. The power of being a MOD has completely gone to your head."......that would violate Rule 5... The PM system is a wonderful tool for situations like this. You are an excellent example of someone who has done a great job of utilizing the PM system in these instances. We appreciate that.
    That's fine, but if your going to enforce a rule you should enforce it on everyone, Mods included. There are people here that post things that aren't civil all of the time, and those posts don't get deleted.

  11. #26
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,672
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    That's fine, but if your going to enforce a rule you should enforce it on everyone, Mods included. There are people here that post things that aren't civil all of the time, and those posts don't get deleted.
    For anyone that feels a particular post of any member (Mods included) is in violation of a rule, please PM those examples to the Mod of your choice, and it will be considered.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  12. #27
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    So if you don't have thousands of posts that means you don't know what your talking about huh? Having many posts on a message board doesn't make you any smarter than anyone else.

    And he has a point. You do constantly lash out and belittle anybody who has a differing opinion. Debate is fine, but sometimes you're downright rude
    The number of posts have nothing to do with it. We all started at 0 posts. Fact is, a newer poster, who has been here since June 2009 with 29 posts really cannot make any reasonable opinion on me, considering I've been here for a couple years, contributed on a regular basis, and am a well-known member of this community. His/her ability to form a solid opinion on my overall basis of work is NULL at best ...

    Show me specific times when I "constantly lash out and belittle anybody" that has a differing opinion where I didn't make me case as to why I felt the way I did ...

    It's rare, if ever, that I take a stance on something without giving proper reason why. That's called CONVERSATION. I know, moving past one liners, inserting logic and reason, and having a flowing discussion is a difficult concept to grasp. I cannot imagine why some posters would get upset with the state of the forum these days ...

    I'm sorry you cannot understand or handle my personality. You don't have to respond to me. You don't have to pay attention to my so-called "lashing out and belittle" of anybody that has an opinion. On posts I don't care for I often move right past them. All have the opportunity to do the same ...

    Last I checked, I don't have a red box by my name, so that implies that either everyone agrees with everything I say (which I know is not the case, as I've had plenty of civil arugments on here), or I don't do what you claim I do, apparently anytime somebody disagrees with me...

    I have a strong personality, if I disagree with your opinion, I am going to tell you, and I am going to tell you why. You have equal opportunity to rebut anything and everything I say. People do it all the time ...

    The problem I have, and the point of the OP, was that this board is litterred with ricidulous one liners, all that point to the fact that "Bulger Sucks." It's unintelligent, and absurd for the most part. "Sucks" is a word for fifth graders, as are arguments that lead to such with no backing evidence. All logic seems to go out the window when discussing Bulger ...
    Last edited by HUbison; -08-19-2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Just depersonalizing it, RI. Let's keep our discussions general. Conversations between members should be done by PM.

  13. #28
    ScottD413's Avatar
    ScottD413 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York
    Age
    35
    Posts
    666
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    I'd say this post is a perfect example of the way you belittle people. You talk down to people who don't have as many posts or as much rep as you, much like the way your talking down to me here.
    Last edited by HUbison; -08-19-2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: I've cleaned up RIs post, and allowed your rebuttal. Just take it to PMs. Thanks.

  14. #29
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,672
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    Fellas, this is what I'm talking about. This general discussion has become a urinating match between two members. If you would like to continue, you're welcome to........but via PMs. Thanks.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Glenrothes, SCOTLAND
    Posts
    9,972
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this ...

    When members get involved in a "pissing" contest (sorry to use that as an example) then no one wins and everyone just gets wet and smells ...... if you get my drift.

    As HUb has said, take it to the PM system or in the first instance, threads will be closed. In the second instance, you will be "given" a vow of silence


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •