Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Re: WOW! I hope Curtus is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by pr_capone View Post
    I'm trying to be courteous here and not spam your forum.

Lets try being a little less hosile here.
    Like Nick said just PM him the link or post the link with a space in the h ttp like so.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

I'm trying to be courteous here and not spam your forum.

Lets try being a little less hosile here.
    Who is being hostile? You took my post off track. You need to try to be less hostile and understand the meaning of my post.

No one knows how Curtis is. The game is over and done.

pr_capone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    Who is being hostile? You took my post off track. You need to try to be less hostile and understand the meaning of my post.

No one knows how Curtis is. The game is over and done.
    Actually it was Utterblitz

I simply responded to what he said.

That being beside the point though, I did not realize that you havent had an update on Curtis. I would have thought that your local radio would have said something about his condition during the post-game.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Actually it was Utterblitz

I simply responded to what he said.

That being beside the point though, I did not realize that you havent had an update on Curtis. I would have thought that your local radio would have said something about his condition during the post-game.
    I have the NFL ticket, and there was no post game, and no news as of yet.

pr_capone Guest

Sammy Knight vs Kevin Curtis Video - FINALLY

Unlimited d/l's to the video from the link provided.

Thanks to DRU @ CP for the high quality vid.

http://www.savefile.com/files/230314

BigGameMN Guest

On the ESPN website it says that Curtis was taken to the hospital for observation.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Sammy Knight vs Kevin Curtis Video - FINALLY

Unlimited d/l's to the video from the link provided.

Thanks to DRU @ CP for the high quality vid.

http://www.savefile.com/files/230314
    Looks clean to me. Hope Curtis is okay, though.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I think this thought pulled form the St Louis Dispatch's article on the game sums up most Rams and sportsmanship fans feeling about hits like these..."With St. Louis trailing by 14 at the time, all Knight needed to do was push Curtis out of bounds to end the game. But he went in for the kill shot instead. Was that necessary?"

I reminds me of rodney Harrison and Ray Lewis...thugs with a job...that's just my two cents...I hope he is ok.

Joe

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I have not watched the hit again and I don't plan to. It may have been clean and legal, but it was not necessary.

Football is a violent game and I accept that. Our CBs should take lessons since they don't hit receivers after they catch the ball. Granted there is no point in trying to injure someone after the game is put away, but our guys might try it while the game is on the line. You never know, the ball might get knocked loose in the process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't blame Knight for making that play, this is football. Why should he take a play off when we aren't? He put a nice hit on Curtis which was legal, if he went soft maybe he would hear it from his coaches, plus it's just instinct to hit someone.

I do blame us for running the play (especially runnung the same play as the previous one) there wasn't enough time no matter what happened so why risk injury. It's not giving up if we just down the ball, there was no chance to win, live to play another day.
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Will the play make Tom Jackson's "JACKED UP"?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I don't blame Knight for making that play, this is football. Why should he take a play off when we aren't? He put a nice hit on Curtis which was legal, if he went soft maybe he would hear it from his coaches, plus it's just instinct to hit someone.
    I agree. This was just an unfortunate situation where two guys were on a collision course at full speed, with neither guy letting up. Curtis could have stepped out of bounds to avoid the hit and Knight could have just pushed him out, but that didn't happen. I didn't see any attempt by Knight to injure Curtis, so making him out as the villian here in unwarranted IMO. It would have been a different story if Knight had speared with his helmet or made contact with Curtis' head, but that wasn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0
    It shouldn't because reveling or getting amusement out of a play that causes a potentially serious injury would be just plain low. That said, I'm sure it will be because the morons that sit around the ESPN desk and joyously scream "jacked up" have no class. Maybe they'll surprise me, but I doubt it.

pr_capone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    I have not watched the hit again and I don't plan to. It may have been clean and legal, but it was not necessary.

Football is a violent game and I accept that. Our CBs should take lessons since they don't hit receivers after they catch the ball. Granted there is no point in trying to injure someone after the game is put away, but our guys might try it while the game is on the line. You never know, the ball might get knocked loose in the process.
    It was also not necessary for :

a. The Rams to try and score a junk TD
    b. Run the exact same play to the same place twice
    c. Bulger to hang Curtis out to dry by making the throw seeing that Knight had the line on the hit.

IMO, throwing to a reciever when all you had to do is have someone run up the gut to end of the game was not necessary. You risk getting a player injured by doing that, and unfortunately for the Rams, that is exactly what happened.

Knight was not trying to injure Curtis on that play, and if you think so then you have a serious case of Homerism. The Rams kept playing until the bell, and Knight did the exact same thing.

I do blame us for running the play (especially runnung the same play as the previous one) there wasn't enough time no matter what happened so why risk injury. It's not giving up if we just down the ball, there was no chance to win, live to play another day.
    Well put.

BTW, you guys need more smilies.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    They surprised me and didn't show the Curtis hit. They did however show Jackson getting hit near the goal line.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    They surprised me and didn't show the Curtis hit. They did however show Jackson getting hit near the goal line.
    I don't think they show hits on Jacked Up when the person gets seriously injured and/or goes to the hospital. Curtis went to the hosptial for observation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast