Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Wow We Are In Trouble

I guess my 1st question is why did we not spy Vick? Not that it would have given us the win but how do you leave him unaccounted for. This loss was the whole teams fault coaches included. Martz still baffles me by wasting challenges. He even tried to challenge a play that you couldnt challenge, so I dont know what to think about that. Like I said in another post maybe we need a challenge/timeout coach LOL. Special teams almost looks worse thatn when April was here. Note to Martz: Steven Jackson is NOT a kick returner, he is too slow for that job. Dont we all remember the days of Tony Horne, he was a game changer, he was fast, he had a shot to break it every time. Tony Horne was Dante Hall before Dante was. Martz must remember Horne and Hakim (yes he fumbled alot) but he had speed and made game changing plays. I guarantee Jackson or Arlen Harris will never run a kick off back for a TD. We need some game changing plays from anyone. Our defense is horrible, these players need to step up. They just dont look motivated. Pisa gets credit and AW too but overall we need work. Every week Bruce and Holt bring it, Looker is doing ok. I hope Pace gets into camp next year cause he didnt look too good today. With our tough schedule if we dont get better we are in big trouble. Its a shame with all the talent we have, that we look this bad. Bulger needs more time from the O Line, some of his decisions are questionable but you gotta help the guy out too O Line. I hope we can pull through but its going to be tough. :ramlogo:

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: Wow We Are In Trouble

My two cents:

I have a sneaking suspision that Mr. Martz takes challenges as a longer time out and not because he really is challenging the call. I also am not very confident in Mr. Bulgers abilities. I know his numbers are good, but I have a gut feeling that he will not take us over the top.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I guess my 1st question is why did we not spy Vick?
    You don't know how many times I screamed this throughout the game. The defense looked like they just didn't care. I don't know how many times it looked like guys were just jogging out there. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe
    My two cents:

I have a sneaking suspision that Mr. Martz takes challenges as a longer time out and not because he really is challenging the call. I also am not very confident in Mr. Bulgers abilities. I know his numbers are good, but I have a gut feeling that he will not take us over the top.
    Well I'm not so sure he uses them for a timeout, but one of these times we are going to NEED a challenge and wont have it cause Martz used it for a timeout??? Cmon if we didnt waste our timeouts also we could actually use a timeout for a timeout (wow what a good idea) and save our challenges for important plays. Martz gets alot of flack and I think he deserves it. It's not like he makes a questionable call once in a while, it's an every week ordeal. Again I say WHY is Jackson a kick returner? Same with Harris? Just look at last year, we didnt need a fullback LOL then Lamar Gordon was our fullback LOL. I'm glad we found Goodspeed but its those questionable calls that make us all wonder if Martz should just be the Offensive Coordiantor or fired all together. I want to say to Martz, remember Tony Horne? Well put a Tony Horne like player in as KR and see what happens. Curtis and MacDonald are the speedsters so get em in there. I guess I'm thankful that Jackson isnt returning punts too.

Double Post
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -09-20-2004 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Double Post

txramsfan is offline Registered User

As bad as we played yesterday, we were tied going into the 4th quarter. The offense was moving the ball through the air, and I just knew it was going to be a turnover that causes a W or L. I don't think we are as bad as we looked in Atlanta, let's see how we bounce back against an old rival this Sunday.

Well I hope we can bounce back, our schedule is tough this year.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Wow we are in trouble the second the Rams let Warner go. Marc is playing as well as he can and we still are .500. Yeah its early but I canít see Marc making big plays, donít get me wrong he looks great from 15 yards and in, but he still is just throwing the ball up for grabs down the field.

Itís funny how when Warner lost a game he started, now matter what happen during the game, poor O-line, no ďDĒ, sad special teams, dropped balls, freak plays what ever it all came back to Warner. Well where is it going to go now thatís he gone. Will Marts step up and say he, making poor decision, like throwing out of your own end zone late in the game.

Is Marc play going to be good enough to cover for a weak ďDĒ, bad special teams, poor use of time outs and no running game or will he start to be come the reason that Martz canít beat good teams and only find ways to beat the below .500 teams and put a positive spin on it.

Warner might not have been the answer but itís clear to me he was not the entire problem. Most of the problems still are with us, not ďfixedĒ Martz like to say we can ďfix thatĒ, but he never does. I watched the Giants game and with time to throw the ball Warner still can, he is not in need of a hand transplant, that the FO of the Rams made everyone believe, he had to be hurt why else would you stop playing a two time MVP. The Rams have more issue then a QB that was going through a slump. Now we have an average QB playing well but thatís not going to be enough.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-20-2004 at 03:05 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    will he start to be come the reason that Martz canít beat good teams and only find ways to beat the below .500 teams and put a positive spin on it.
    Actually, Martz win % for teams above .500 is amazingly close to both his overall win % and his win % against teams below .500...for what's it's worth.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

Thats with Warner, lets see what happens with Marc and last year the teams we played were weak.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Last year with Bulger at QB the Rams had a winning record against teams over .500 and 3-1 against playoff teams.
    Sprtsmac :football:

RealRam is offline Registered User

Yesterday's game was disappointing to me. Still, I honestly do not think we are in trouble.

Sure, there are a good number of things to attend and improve on ... I just don't think yesterday's result is indicative of the character and potential of our team for this season. Mentioned elsewhere, this defeat is a premature -- but necessary & welcomed -- WAKEUP CALL.

Nonetheless, we had better start making those adjustments. I am really looking forward to meeting the Saints!

And winning.

:angryram:
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-21-2004 at 09:51 AM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    Wow we are in trouble the second the Rams let Warner go.
    I suppose its my fault that this nonsense is being posted, right?

Yeah its early but I canít see Marc making big plays, donít get me wrong he looks great from 15 yards and in, but he still is just throwing the ball up for grabs down the field.
    Thankfully, Holt grabbed that 36 yard TD then.

Man, this stuff amazes me.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Guys,
    I think Tx provided us with a good viewpoint. We were tied going into the 4th. TOs hurt us.

Balance your viewpoint. I remember when we won last week, everybody felt good. Now, things go south in the last quarter and its "it all sucks".

Give the team at least 4 games before judging them. Of COURSE! you've seen some weaknesses. You guys are too dedicated and knowledgeable to have missed them. But we have some strengths also.

Like yourselves, I think we can do better. But it ain't over yet.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

What's going on Coy Bacon and cheese? Are you trying to be a positive person and post positive posts? I am not sure that I can handle it.

It is no where close to over yet. It's only the second game of the season and there are a whole lot more games to play.

Time to move on and think about the aints. We need a win this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast