Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Wow We Are In Trouble

You know guys, maybe this is just life in the salary cap era. You have a talent drain every so often and that makes your first round picks and whoever you keep on your squad that much more important to the team.

Warner's dead money, 60% of our salary cap going to the offensive side of the ball, Carolina forcing our hand to resign Manu, Pickett and DLew not necessarily living up to first round status, Arch not playing very well this year, losing Turley on the R side of the O line....all these are adding up to this year being a trying time. Not necessarily the wasted time outs or the stupid challenges, just maybe we aren't as good as we perceive. We as fans tend to just look at the offensive side of the ball when it comes to this team, but the D is in trouble. Very small up front, LB corp not being able to stop the run, and the secondary is really banged up. May be time for the scouts to earn their money again.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Oh brudder,
    Utter did mutter,
    but he did not stutter.

Gee whiz dude. If I post something negative, you'd say, "you're negative!". If I post something positive, you likewise criticise. You've got to be a perpetually-whining democrat. Cut me some slack to be myself. Don't pigeon-hole me in some sterotypical, pre-conceived, mold of reticence.. I'm sure that you're no sweet-smelling, perpetual bed of roses!

Take my implicit advice given in my previous post: balance. Allow for people to have both positive and critical viewpoints. The world is awash in color! It is neither all black or all white.

Everyone, can we keep this to football talk please? I'd appreciate it.

jjsram is offline Registered User

Will this year become 2000 all over again? Remember 2000 when we had to score 35 points to win? I hope not, because I don't think our QB can be that consistent in every game. Our D has to start stepping up! Let's hope our D doesn't make an all-pro out of the aints backup RB.
    I really hope this was just a one game blunder!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    Oh brudder,
    Utter did mutter,
    but he did not stutter.
    Sorry Coy, just causing a little trouble since the mood is so serious in here. I mean nothing by it. And I am a she not a he. Just being a brat. :tongue:

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    We as fans tend to just look at the offensive side of the ball when it comes to this team, but the D is in trouble. Very small up front, LB corp not being able to stop the run, and the secondary is really banged up. May be time for the scouts to earn their money again.
    I have to agree the D is looking weak this year. They are small, they are having trouble stopping the run, and there are injuries. I am concerned. Losing Lovie, Wistrom, and Young may have a large impact on their level of play also. I have been wondering what Lovie brought to the coaching staff that may be missing now.

Motivation, Training, Preparation, adjustment.

What were the things that Lovie did with the D to make them successful last season?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mike Vick is going to make more than the Rams D look sick this year. Remember when he was healthy and practically beat the Packers in Green Bay during the playoffs? This guy is a freak. And we were still tied in the 4th qtr. AND, if Pace holds his block for one more tenth of a second, Holt is streaking down the sidelines WIDE FREAKING OPEN.

My worry is that we are getting banged up and pushed around. My defense needs to start spitting bullets instead of spitting blanks.

RealRam is offline Registered User

...I really hope this was just a one game blunder! --JJSRam
    And I think that is the case. An early morning slap in the face. :tough:

The Rams, players and coaches alike have acknowledged this unjustified defeat, albeit realizing at the same time we could have easily won Falcons game with just a couple of plays worth of difference: just a couple of mistakes avoided. Those annoying "little" things that usually make such a huge difference.

Chances are overwhelmingly in our favor to prove we are a better team than on 09-19-04.

I say again, at this point I do not believe we are in trouble. But must get our act together. :angryram:

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I suppose its my fault that this nonsense is being posted, right?
    Since I was the one who called you out on the Warner post in the other thread, it's only fair that I be the one who publicly states that you indeed are innocent of the Warner invocation in this thread. You didn't start this one, and in fact the initial Warner comment in this thread came from, I believe, the farthest corner of left field.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

This week we are going to learn a lot about our run D. Stecker isn't going to impress anyone on his own, but he does have a decent line to run behind. Bentley is an outstanding center and Riley/Gandy make pretty decent bookend tackles. Stecker & Brooks aren't going to beat us on the ground, they will have to go to the air with Stallworth & Horn. However, if we can penetrate and shut down the running game (or get the O rolling early so the Saints have to go to the air), we can fall back in to those cherry-pickin' zones that should allow for more pass coverage, easing the concerns of our young CBs sitting on islands all day.

Like everything else, it comes down how well the line plays.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12