Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: WR depth

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

WR depth

With the departures of Amendola and Gibson the Rams are currently without much depth at the WR postion. Obviously, the signing of Jared Cook helps that situation because of his versatility while lining up. Still, the Rams do need to add atleast two more receivers to the roster.

I would imagine that the Rams will use one of their top three picks on a WR. That would add another body with talent to the equation, but it would also add a lot more inexperience to an already young bunch. Where do you see the Rams going with their last WR roster spot? Do you think they will fill it with more inexperience, like Nick Johnson or another draft pick? How about a veteran like Devery Henderson or Kevin Walter? Or do you think the Rams go somewhere in between like a Darrius Heyward-Bey or Donald Jones?

Personally, I would prefer the Rams to go after someone like Heyward-Bey. He adds some nice talent to mix while adding a little bit of experience. I would be ok with guys like Henderson, Walter, or Stokely just to add a veteran into the fold, but I don't think they would add much beyond that. Not to say that veteran leadership among a young group of receivers can be discounted. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by RamBamThankYouMam; -03-14-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: WR depth

Heyward-Bey wouldn't be a bad choice, really seemed to be coming on the last couple years in Oakland and he sure can fly. I also wouldn't mind a veteran like Stokely, just as long as he wouldn't mind doing most of his mentoring from the bench.

I guess it all depends on the money as well. I wouldn't give Heyward-Bey more than 3-4 million a year, but I am sure he could get a little more than that somewhere else. I think the Rams do need veteran leadership too. I trust Fisher to make the right choice, but it would be nice to see which route (no pun intended) they choose soon.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

If we could get him cheap enough as RamBam said, id be for it.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I like the idea of drafting a guy. Nick had a good idea. The guy may be WR Keenan Allen out of Cal. He is a big WR that excels in the short to intermediate routes. You'd like for him to be more physical with his size, but he's very polished. Playing Sherman and Browner 2x a year means we're going to need big and tough WR's. I also want to add Nate Washington, from the Titans, Fisher's old team. Washington wants to be released and if he is, I'd go after him. Still only 29, the guy is a productive deep threat and is GREAT depth. We can't fully bank on 1 player, because anyone can go down at any time.
    Nick, Torry Holt and Rammed like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Rammed is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I like the idea of drafting a guy. Nick had a good idea. The guy may be WR Keenan Allen out of Cal. He is a big WR that excels in the short to intermediate routes. You'd like for him to be more physical with his size, but he's very polished. Playing Sherman and Browner 2x a year means we're going to need big and tough WR's. I also want to add Nate Washington, from the Titans, Fisher's old team. Washington wants to be released and if he is, I'd go after him. Still only 29, the guy is a productive deep threat and is GREAT depth. We can't fully bank on 1 player, because anyone can go down at any time.

Love this! Think that's a good plan where our talent has a chance to grow and develop.
    sosa39rams likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I like the idea of Nate Washington, he would be perfect. He's upset because the Titan where shopping him, the Rams should offer a late pick in the draft to snag him.

Good one Sosa
    sosa39rams likes this.

Nate Washington is a very nice choice as he encompasses both aspects of the Rams needs, a little more talent with experience. What kind of draft pick do you think it would take to land him? 5th maybe?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamBamThankYouMam View Post
    Nate Washington is a very nice choice as he encompasses both aspects of the Rams needs, a little more talent with experience. What kind of draft pick do you think it would take to land him? 5th maybe?
    Probably right around there. The Titans are currently shopping him, but he prefers to be released. His current contract isn't a bad one, 4-4.5 million for the next few years. It'd probably take right around the same if not a little more to sign him.

I'd offer a 7th, but honestly, I'd probably wait and see if he gets released. He's definitely a guy I want to see here next year though. Still young, productive, offers some veteran experience and leadership, a deep threat, amazing depth.

THE DREAM TEAM

shower beers is offline Registered User

It looks like Washington will be cut because it's pretty well known they've soured on him, and they probably won't receive a partner with that knowledge out there.

KiwiRam is offline Registered User

1. Jared Cook
    2. Brian Quick
    3. Givens
    4. Pettis
    PS guys: Radway and Nick Johnson (dont know squat on either).

Upside: they are young and have great potential
    Downside: they are young and have yet to realise their potential.

If they carry 6, and they draft 1, would it be prudent of them to get a veteran, someone in the vein of Lloyd, Jennings or Washington? Price would prohibit jennings, but if we were able to sign him, he would be a great leader for these young WR's.

Again price wise, maybe Lloyd might be viable, but say we dont get Long, maybe Jennings could come in.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    It looks like Washington will be cut because it's pretty well known they've soured on him, and they probably won't receive a partner with that knowledge out there.
    You would have to think the Rams would have interest in acquiring him. Given the Rams need for a WR, his familiarity with Fisher, and the Titans no longer wanting his services. Seems like a match to me, now let us see if Fisher and Snead agree.

citr92 is offline Registered User

would be nice if nate washington would have a few of these https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=XgbS-kw7Z7w

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    would be nice if nate washington would have a few of these https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=XgbS-kw7Z7w
    Good presence of mind on Washington's part. And yes, it would be very nice to see Washington making catches like that in a Rams uniform! I think he is exactly what the Rams need.
    citr92 likes this.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Whatever Fisher decides I know it's gonna be good for the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast