Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: WR is an issue--sad to admit...

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    What do you think we can get for Torry Holt in a trade? Just wondering....
    Torry is probably worth a late 2nd or 3rd at this stage of his career.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Trade Torry? Are you serious?

If the Rams can get a deep threat who could draw the safety away from the short-to-mid range patterns, Holt will run wild as a possession/mid-range receiver.

No way you trade a guy like that.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

If the Rams can get a deep threat who could draw the safety away from the short-to-mid range patterns, Holt will run wild as a possession/mid-range receiver.

I wasn't serious about Torry. The thought just crossed my mind to see what hes worth on the market. I can see that you support Holt. I support Klopfenstein, anything for him?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    ...but admit it we must.

As much as I like Bruce and Holt, not having a deep threat is killing this team. Having 2 guys that run great routes and have great hands does not cut it in this league. Bruce and Holt have aged gracefully, however a home run threat is needed to be able to capitalize on Holt's skills. Yes you guessed it...I am saying good bye to my favorite Ram. Having the 2 aging vets just won't work. Youth and speed for next year at the second wideout spot. Bruce will have to go, Bennett stays where he is at as a third option.
    Once again, the decision not to resign Kevin Curtis looks to be ill-advised. Now they probably must burn a draft pick on a wideout that could be used to address other problem areas instead.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

I completely agree with RamWraith's vision and and although Bruce has decent numbers and made some plays this year TIME is catching up with him. Losing Curtis for Bennett was another highlight to our lowlife front office's inability to maintain the talent needed to make this team playoff worthy.

Beating ATL and having numbers v said team is a joke and it is like saying Aaron Brooks is a good QB. Any positive numbers that underacheiving and smiling while losing loser put up was against prevent d's.

I would like to see us draft an Early Doucet that has world class speed and who could be tutored by our great HOF'ers but one should be as a coach and the other should be reinventing the wheel as the Bennett pickup looks as promising as New Orleans 9th Ward.

It was SWEET that we won today even SWEETER THAT THE LSU TIGERS are playing for their second BCS Championship of the decade!

GEAUX RAMS AND TIGERS!!!

...but admit it we must.

As much as I like Bruce and Holt, not having a deep threat is killing this team. Having 2 guys that run great routes and have great hands does not cut it in this league. Bruce and Holt have aged gracefully, however a home run threat is needed to be able to capitalize on Holt's skills. Yes you guessed it...I am saying good bye to my favorite Ram. Having the 2 aging vets just won't work. Youth and speed for next year at the second wideout spot. Bruce will have to go, Bennett stays where he is at as a third option.

How does this have anything to do with a win or a loss?? It is an observation and something I think is holding this team back right now. The line isn't the only issue I think. Last time I checked we were allowed to have opinions and to make observations. It doesn't always have to be about a win or a loss. I all for making this team better. Are you?
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

Av, you're gonna hate me for this...

I totally agree with you here.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

...but admit it we must.

I have to disagree about Bruce going. If he wants to fine, but if he doesn't it just doesn't make sense. Do we need a speed WR, yes. If we draft him will he contribute right away, it's doubtful. We still need WR depth, we had Travis Taylor as a WR this year because we are so banged up, Travis freakin Taylor :x So getting rid of Bruce just doesn't make sense. Bennett can't stay healthy, Hall isn't an answer at WR, so getting rid of a quality WR doesn't make sense.

If we get a good speed WR next year he can split time with Bennett and or Bruce and learn. With the way injuries happen I don't see the point in getting rid of Bruce, he's still better than a lot of teams #2 WRs. So yes to a speed WR and no to Bruce going.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Quote Originally Posted by GSOT View Post
    If you want a burner.. draft Jordy Nelson.
    Early Doucet comes to mind and his buddy Dwayne Bowe probably is the most impressive rookie @ WR this year. Why because they went/go to LSU

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Why in the world would you get rid of Ike Bruce? This guy is in better shape than most 25 year old's, he's on pace for about 60 catches and 750 yards this year and he missed two games. Bennett can be the #2 guy, no problem when he is healthy. Bruce is a great #3 or #4 at this point in his career. We do need a burner, but it would make MUCH MORE sense to let Dane Looker go then Bruce. What is it about Bruce that makes you think he should be gone other than looking at his age?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Let's not underestimate the role Az Hakim played when he was here in STL. He had speed and that speed was able to free up Holt and Bruce and also the running game. He had a great game against the Patriots in the Super Bowl loss.

The Rams don't need a first or second round selection at this position but unless Bennett shows me something in speed the rest of the year a late round pick would be very beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Why in the world would you get rid of Ike Bruce? This guy is in better shape than most 25 year old's, he's on pace for about 60 catches and 750 yards this year and he missed two games. Bennett can be the #2 guy, no problem when he is healthy. Bruce is a great #3 or #4 at this point in his career. We do need a burner, but it would make MUCH MORE sense to let Dane Looker go then Bruce. What is it about Bruce that makes you think he should be gone other than looking at his age?
    Great points but we need weapons. True I would rather say c u to Looker than Bruce when it comes down to it but sentimental value and those numbers on a 3-9 team are not that special. BTW, just curious but what are he and TH producing in the YAC category. Drew Bennett perhaps lifts Bruce's numbers by being on the field at the same time but he is a bust imho. Speed kills and being in shape is one thing but game breaking speed on a team that NEEDS to improve is another:r
    Last edited by fearlessone; -12-03-2007 at 12:59 PM. Reason: spelling

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Let's see how Stanley works out next year. Bruce needs to stay.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    How about drafting a burner that can learn form Bruce and Holt. Use him in the 4 and 5 sets.
    Agreed, I'd much rather have a 3rd or 4th round (even a 2nd depending on if we trade up with another team...) pick at WR and have him learn the ways of running crisp routes in the NFL by two men who are best at it. They may not be what they were years ago, but they do know how to play wide receiver and that is something that can never be taken away from them. I agree, we do need a deep threat on this team, but it is not like Bennett is the answer for that either. Either which way, I am not a fan of getting rid of Holt or Bruce because they can still play at a high level and it would just be unnecessary. I wouldn't be able to see one of them (let alone two of them) go to a different team. I'd be heartbroken...Partially because I love them for what they've done in the past, but more importantly because I know they can still play. Did you guys not see Bruce's TD grab? He's a beast!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

txramsfan is offline Registered User

One thing though, successful teams no when to say when in the case of aging veterans. Pittsburgh let Joey Porter go. Tampa Bay let Warren Sapp go. The Chiefs let Trent Green go. All were fan favorites, all were well liked in the locker room. All were past their prime

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    One thing though, successful teams no when to say when in the case of aging veterans. Pittsburgh let Joey Porter go. Tampa Bay let Warren Sapp go. The Chiefs let Trent Green go. All were fan favorites, all were well liked in the locker room. All were past their prime
    "All were past their prime" and they all were big hairy American winning machines

Nothing like having peacful rants on a Monday am after a victory!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast