Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: WR is an issue--sad to admit...

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    How about drafting a burner that can learn form Bruce and Holt. Use him in the 4 and 5 sets.
    Exactly !!! Combine this with what Av pointed out about a speed guy freeing up Torry, and suddenly we become a scary team to defend again.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Our receiving core was fine till we let go mcdonald and curtis I mean seriously those guys gave us great depth and made plays when their number was called I can recall a lot of big plays from curtis and mcdonald and letting them go was a fools move not only that it was a setback that we could of avoided
    Torry Holt Dont play that

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

I don't believe the thread mentions getting rid of Bruce or Holt, especially Holt, but without a speedy slot receiver and/or a deep threat burner, we are stale. Slow and stale. Easy to cover.

Bennett was not the right guy to bring in. I am happy with McMichael, but why did Linehan keep bringing in more TE's and FB's? What a waste of time that was, and then to draft Leanard and get rid of Hedge? We have no fullback? Leanard is a luxury type pick for teams that could use another weapon. We needed help and could have had many a back-up running back in FA.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Bennett was not the right guy to bring in.
    This is a hard one to call, as far as Bennett goes. He has been slown by a hammy, our QB has missed time and our O line can't hold water. I have to wait on Bennett, I know he is not the fast guy we need, but he still may be a good fit. Hard for anyone to get deep with this o line.

There was a game where Bennett had made a great move and was wide open deep and Marc through the ball so short it was an INT instead of an easy six. He also was missed in the red zone on a fade for a TD.

I do miss Curtis though speed kills!!!
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-03-2007 at 03:48 PM.

RealRam is online now Registered User

For my sentimental fancy, I'd like to see Sir Isaac retire as a Ram ... but not yet, not yet.

I say keep No. 80 for at least another year. Keep Torry for sure. And for crying out loud, either make the offense work around Bennett a little more, a little better, or get Hagans to ease in as #3 WR. Bennett may be tall and all but Hagans, shorty and all, seems to be a much bigger play maker.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    I don't believe the thread mentions getting rid of Bruce
    Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Yes you guessed it...I am saying good bye to my favorite Ram. Bruce will have to go, Bennett stays where he is at as a third option.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    One thing though, successful teams no when to say when in the case of aging veterans. Pittsburgh let Joey Porter go. Tampa Bay let Warren Sapp go. The Chiefs let Trent Green go. All were fan favorites, all were well liked in the locker room. All were past their prime
    True but those teams had replacements ready to go (well not KC) but KC was obviously scared of Trent's concussion history and silly Miami took the bait. Since Bruce could play the #2 on many teams there is no point in getting rid of him. It's not like we are stacked at WR.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

bruce4life is offline Registered User

The Rams Need To Bring In Someone Like A Kevin Curtis/ Wes Welker Layer Again.... Dante Hall Is A Great Returner And Can Give You A Few Receptions But Is Not A Great Route Runner.... I Would Like To See Maybe A Koren Robinson Or A Devery Henderson...

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

I still think Stanley and Hagans can and will step up next year, especially when (if) our O-line problems go away to the point where we don't have three TE's in on every pass play.

Round three pick at the earliest with the 4th being OK due to our draft position.

No way we let Bruce, Holt or Bennet go.

DE, OT, S are all bigger priorities.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I don't know, we only use our players for the first half anyway. Maybe Bruce can make it one more year!

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    The Rams Need To Bring In Someone Like A Kevin Curtis/ Wes Welker Layer Again.... Dante Hall Is A Great Returner And Can Give You A Few Receptions But Is Not A Great Route Runner.... I Would Like To See Maybe A Koren Robinson Or A Devery Henderson...
    Koren Robinson can't catch, and since Devery Henderson got benched for a few games earlier this season for not being able to catch I say no thanks to both of them.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Milan is offline Registered User

How is Hagans in terms of speed? He had great hands and got open well from what I saw this season/pre-season.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Since Bruce could play the #2 on many teams there is no point in getting rid of him. It's not like we are stacked at WR.
    Our Division? the entire NFL. Division 1 or 2. You are right on with your statements concerning a replacement for Bruce. He is in shape, he can still slide but being a No. 2 on most teams may be a reach imvho.

Definetely a possesion receiver his yac numbers are what the last three years (where is moklerman when you need him, ooops it is not about KW, so he probably does not care about this thread)?

His numbers this year to me, do not mean a thing with the year we are having and the level of talent v the falcons, ******, etc.

MAybe it is his age with the recent stats that brings on the emotional memories, but to me his yac value must have dropped the past three years considerably although his numbers last year were impressive but not game breaking. He bends the D but does not break it like he used to. Our opponents want him to make the plays cause they know they can catch him or shove him out of bounds after a two yard gain.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

curleyski is offline Registered User

Cool Re: WR is an issue--sad to admit...

we should draft a speedy wideout and keep issac and torry. these guys are still very productive and who better to learn from than these two all time great recievers? these cats also learned alot from their recievers coach, the great HENRY ELLARD so whoever the rams trade for or draft will be damn lucky to have these guys still around. the rams have two of the BEST ever route runners (3 if you include the original HENRY ELLARD) and to have a guy stretch the field would be amazing to watch next year. keep reverand ike until HE decides it's time to go, he has earned that respect as far as this rams fan is concerned.:l GO RAMS THIS WEEKEND!!

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessone View Post
    Our Division? the entire NFL. Division 1 or 2. You are right on with your statements concerning a replacement for Bruce. He is in shape, he can still slide but being a No. 2 on most teams may be a reach imvho.

Definetely a possesion receiver his yac numbers are what the last three years (where is moklerman when you need him, ooops it is not about KW, so he probably does not care about this thread)?

His numbers this year to me, do not mean a thing with the year we are having and the level of talent v the falcons, ******, etc.

MAybe it is his age with the recent stats that brings on the emotional memories, but to me his yac value must have dropped the past three years considerably although his numbers last year were impressive but not game breaking. He bends the D but does not break it like he used to. Our opponents want him to make the plays cause they know they can catch him or shove him out of bounds after a two yard gain.
    I didn't say most teams, I said many. On top of that he could easily play the #3 on most teams.

I don't think our opponents want him making plays, Just ask Nate Clements and Walt Harris when Bruce torched them.

Here are some teams I think he could play the #2 spot....

SF - He could probably play the #1 in SF
    Atl - Roddy Whte and who?
    Car - Steve Smith and who?
    Ten - Umm do they even have a real #1 is it Gage or Williams, Bruce could play the #2 here.
    Balt - Mason and who?
    Wash - S. Moss and who?
    Giants - Plaxico and who?
    Dolphins - Ummm do they have WRs in Miami?
    Bills - Lee Evans and who?
    Chiefs - Dwayne Bowe and who?
    Philly - Kevin Curtis and who?
    Vikings - Sydney Rice apparently is coming along as the #1.....and who?
    Saints - Colston and who?
    Bucs - Galloway and who?
    Jags - They don't even know who their #1 is. Is it Williams or Wilford, and who?
    Maybe even Denver since Javon Walker can't stay healthy. - Brandon Marshall and who? Stokely could play the 2 but is better in the slot. So Denver is a reach but not out of the question.

Just replace Isaac Bruce with "and who" and there you go.

That's 15 teams, 16 if you include Denver. 16 teams is half of the league.

His numbers aren't great this year but they are what I expect this year with all of the injuries and some of the playcalling etc.

Again though my point is there is no reason to let Bruce go. He is still too good. We do need a speed WR to take the pressure off of Holt and Bruce, but getting rid of Bruce just doesn't make sense.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast