majorram is offline Registered User

The WR situation

I know Rome was not built in a day but Do you think that our WR starters will be something like Avery and Burton with Robinson joining in, Now i know we have moved to a more Power O but won't they just stick 8 or 9 men in the box to stop Jackson and dare bulger to throw....

ok we have Randy helping out too but don't we need some Vet help.. for leadership, experience..we must keep their D of balance surly...

any thoughts....

steve

"The breakfast Club"

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: The WR situation

Quote Originally Posted by majorram View Post
    I know Rome was not built in a day but Do you think that our WR starters will be something like Avery and Burton with Robinson joining in, Now i know we have moved to a more Power O but won't they just stick 8 or 9 men in the box to stop Jackson and dare bulger to throw....

ok we have Randy helping out too but don't we need some Vet help.. for leadership, experience..we must keep their D of balance surly...

any thoughts....

steve
    It's no shock. We are thin at WR.

However, I think there are remedies for that, atleast for this year we can get away with it. Avery and Burton are there, we have Robinson now who could turn out to be a gem. We recently draft Foster. We are young but we may not be that bad. And we also forgot that Ogbonnaya can catch the ball along with our TE, McMichael. Klop can also make plays, although he's been a bust, he can atleast catch when he gets open. Not that great sounding, but nonetheless it's someone.

And we are also forgetting Marc Bulger's favorite target: Steven Jackson. He's an animal. He is fast, he can catch in and out of the backfield, he can do it all. So as far as throwing the ball around to different players, I don't think we are in as bad of a situation as most people think. Do I think we need a stud WR? Of course. But as of right now, we aren't going to lose games over WRs. Rather, the plays that were made, the ridiculous catches Torry and Sir Ike used to make for us will more than likely be over. For now, we have to be happy with what we have. And it's really not too bad at all...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Action_Jackson is offline Registered User

Our number 1 wide receiver is Steven Jackson.

EVERYTHING will go through him. Run or pass, then every now and again Avery will break down field for a massive gain.

McMichael also has a big role to play and I expect him to be fired up this year and looking to make an impact

bruce4life is offline Registered User

McMichael will have to play an amazing increased role for us next year. He's gonna have to put up Antonio gates numbers for us to successful

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

The Rams aren't thru building the team, you still have Cap Casualties that come into play.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'm sure that Burton and Avery are salivating at the prospect of having 8 or 9 in the box. Seriously, think of us like the Titans last year. You knew they were going to be running the ball constantly, but you still couldn't put 8 in the box on every down, because Collins would make you pay on the one on ones. It'll be the same with a quick precision game with Bulger this year too. And our young corps will shred single coverage on quick cuts. Then it's just one more guy to beat(or none if there's 9 in the box) and it's a TD. That'll push the safeties back a bit.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

What do you do when they put 8 or 9 in the box????

Just ask the burner Avery....

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Avery got hurt last year, the difference is we had Holt. Hopefully we will benefit from Robinson. I was looking at the free agent list and looks as if Amani Toomer (UFA) - NY Giants is still available. Think Spags will bring him in to fill the hole, since familiar with him?

UFA Definition: An unrestricted free agent may sign with any club, with no compensation owed to his old club, through the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp (generally late July). At that point, his rights revert to his old club if it made a "tender" offer (110 percent of last year's salary) to him by June 1. His old club then has until the Tuesday after the 10th week of the season to re-sign him. If he does not sign by then, he must sit out the season.

If no tender is offered by June 1, the player can be signed by any club at any time throughout the season.

An unrestricted free agent must have completed four or more accrued seasons with an expired contract.
    Last edited by LA Rammer; -04-28-2009 at 01:43 PM.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i think in a way its good that we havent got that stereotypical go to guy...we playing the WCO now and opposing teams wont know who to pick up from game to game..
    sure Avery will likely get the most attention but i could see that backfiring on teams who face us..a lot of our wideouts if not all are gonna be flying under the radar so to speak and the number 2,3,4,5 wideout spots are up for grabs...that should make all our young wideouts hungry and i can see that paying dividens for us,for the coming season atleast..
    they all seem to be good fits for the WCO so the weight can be shared between 4 or 5...Jackson will be the go to guy and most attention out of anyone on our O will be paid to him...which will give our speedsters space to make them pay..then once teams start to respect our wideouts more that will inturn loosen up the box for Jax to exploit.
    im also expecting a tactic of rotating our wideouts the way the Giants did when Plax became unavailable... that seemed to work quite well with similar graded wideouts to what we presently have...and thats not even including our TE`s..