Rampage39 is offline Registered User

Wroten or Bunkley?

I remember in the chatroom on draft day that many of us wanted to pick Bunkley when we were at the 11 spot. Right now it seems that the Rams made a spectacular move passing on Bunkley at the 11 spot and trading down to get Hill and Wroten. So far Wroten seems to be unstoppable in camp and is looking like the next La'Roi Glover while Bunkley still hasn't agreed to a contract with the Eagles yet. I know its only camp but if i had a choice now between Wroten and Bunkley i would certainly take Wroten in a heartbeat. He may be the true steal of this draft for us.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Wroten or Bunkley?

Bunkley was certainly an option at 11, but the Rams pulled off a great deal to get Hill and then Wroten in the third. I don't know how anyone can now say that it wasn't the preferred move at this point, but no one could have predicted it prior to it happening which is why Bunkley was getting a lot of attention. When teams trade, all bets are off.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rams#1 Guest

I agree, I knew when we drafted claude that he was a special player, and quite possibly the steal of the draft. I hope he plays for us like he played at LSU. at this point I too would take Claude over Brodrick.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Things sound promising, however, let's wait for a couple games, even pre-season, before hanging such high expectations on the man. Of course a head slap or two would go a long way in convincing me. <that would be from him to someone else other than me>
    Semper Fi!

ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Yep... I have heard nothing but good things about Wroten. Well not just "good", but "great". "Scary fast" and knows how to get penetration. I'm hearing the same word over and over again... "beast". As in, "He is an absolute beast."

I think it has a lot to do with motivation. He's hungry and wants to prove himself to everyone that focused on the bad rep he was getting.

...I'm still trying to find some good video of him from LSU. If anyone can help me out with that i would appreciate it.

:ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo:

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

While all the reports sound incredible, let's not forget the fact that he isn't exactly lining up over pro bowl players in camp. As we've seen for a few years now, the middle of our line is either very old or very suspect, so looking like a "beast" against the likes of Andy McCollum, Adam Timmerman, Claude Terrell, etc. is not exactly saying much.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

IF Wroten comes out of the gate running, the best impact will be to our nickel and dime packages. Last year, there was no penetration from our interior D-line in sub packages. We either had NTs (Kennedy & Pickett) in the game or a UT (D-Lew) whose penetration was sketchy at best.

If Glover is healthy and Wroten is the real deal, our sub-packages go from liability to asset immediately. That's very important. If our base can keep the run from going crazy, it's the sub packages that will get our D off the field.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is online now Registered User

Any links to some of these comments on Wroten? I also think he will be the steal, but have not heard how is doing in camp.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    IF Wroten comes out of the gate running, the best impact will be to our nickel and dime packages. Last year, there was no penetration from our interior D-line in sub packages. We either had NTs (Kennedy & Pickett) in the game or a UT (D-Lew) whose penetration was sketchy at best.
    Hey HUbison does the "UT stand for Utter Twit? And does (D-Lew) stand for Dumb-Losing effeminate wallaby? Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

WHAT SAY YE?

tanus is offline Registered User

i love it, comparing players that haven't even played a single down yet in the NFL. just curious, how much film have you watched on both of these players to make a decision?