Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Wroten Suspended For A Year

I will say this much about the 2006 draft. If tye hill doesnt step up this year and start to show why he was such a high pick (which includes staying healthy), it may truly go down as one of our worst drafts ever, although i believe that we got setterstrom in round 7 which was a nice pick. Did we also get oj in that draft.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

NewJerseyRam is offline Registered User

No OJ in that draft, and the jury is out on Setter,you are correct about Hill, he needs to proves at his size he can stay on the field for 16 games

Keenum is offline Registered User

So much potential, but not able to do anything with it.

It's time to get rid of him, NOW.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Another DIRT CLAUDE!!!! Just cut him. Comon Josh Thompson, make us forget about this nitwit.

"Thompson is a very strong player (benched 440 and squatted 650 coming out of high school). Further, he's quick for someone competing on the interior defense. " from some scouting site.

"Joshua Thompson made plenty of big plays for Auburn during his career. Most interior defensive tackles don't rack up the tackle numbers he has, and that's a testament to how hard Thompson works on every play. Thompson's a 300-pounder, but his height makes scouts wonder how he'll manage in the pros. " by Draftguys
    Semper Fi!

rams#1 Guest

Claude Wroten Is a Very Talented Player.. I guarantee If he would stop smoking marijuana he would be an Elite football Player. if we release him some other team will benifit from this. IF he can stay clean.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

What a way to flush your career down the toilet. Hope this wasted draft pick never plays another down in the NFL.
    The stupidity of some of these players is simply mind boggling. Is it really worth the millions of dollars these players throw away just to puff the hippie lettuce?
    Last edited by BIG-BLUE; -07-24-2008 at 01:29 AM.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I will say this much about the 2006 draft. If tye hill doesnt step up this year and start to show why he was such a high pick (which includes staying healthy), it may truly go down as one of our worst drafts ever, although i believe that we got setterstrom in round 7 which was a nice pick. Did we also get oj in that draft.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    No we got O.J the year before that.

The 2006 draft truly is competing to be one of our worst ever, take a look at the list:

CB Tye Hill (Jury's still out)
    TE Joe Klopfenstein (Bust)
    DT Claude Wroten (Epic fail)
    TE Dominique Byrd (Epic fail)
    LB Jon Alston (Cut early)
    DE Victor Adeyanju (Decent pick)
    WR Marques Hagans (So-so pick)
    LB Tim McGarigle (Jury's still out)
    G Mark Setterstrom (Good pick)
    G Tony Palmer (Cut early)

Horrible. It's painful to just look at this list and think who we could have had instead.

The only pick I would call good is Setterstrom.
    Last edited by RamOfDenmark; -07-24-2008 at 08:20 AM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    The 2006 draft truly is competing to be one of our worst ever, take a look at the list:

CB Tye Hill (Jury's still out)
    TE Joe Klopfenstein (Bust)
    DT Claude Wroten (Epic fail)
    TE Dominique Byrd (Epic fail)
    LB Jon Alston (Cut early)
    DE Victor Adeyanju (Decent pick)
    WR Marques Hagans (So-so pick)
    LB Tim McGarigle (Jury's still out)
    G Mark Setterstrom (Good pick)
    G Tony Palmer (Cut early)

Horrible. It's painful to just look at this list and think who we could have had instead.

The only pick I would call good is Setterstrom.
    I'm kind of baffled by this analysis, to be honest. Setterstrom, who has only played in 10 NFL games, is a good pick, yet the jury is still out on Tye Hill, who started 10 games as a rookie and looked pretty solid?

Though Klopfenstein's ability to contribute has been diminished because of a free agent signing of McMichael, he's still seen time on the field and is in the mix at tight end. You call him a bust. Meanwhile, Hagans hasn't done much of anything and is probably a longshot to even make the team this year, and he's a so-so pick?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm kind of baffled by this analysis, to be honest. Setterstrom, who has only played in 10 NFL games, is a good pick, yet the jury is still out on Tye Hill, who started 10 games as a rookie and looked pretty solid?

Though Klopfenstein's ability to contribute has been diminished because of a free agent signing of McMichael, he's still seen time on the field and is in the mix at tight end. You call him a bust. Meanwhile, Hagans hasn't done much of anything and is probably a longshot to even make the team this year, and he's a so-so pick?
    Nick, Klopfenstein is rated as a bust not only for his obvious lack of talent, but, even moreso, for where he was picked in the draft. Hagans who "hasn't done much of anything" only cost us a 5th round pick and we all know that 5th round picks are a longshot at best no matter what team selected them.

Sidenote: The problem with Tye Hill is that (though no fault of his own) he will be forever compared to Antonio Cromartie who he was picked before. While this is probabaly most unfair that's the way it is.

WHAT SAY YE?

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Keep it real, other than Jackson and Carriker there isnt much to be real PROUD OF (in terms of a smart draft pick) since the Rams shocked the world in 99-2000. Lets hope Long adds to the positive side of the ledger. Hes seemingly the closest thing to a NO BRAINER pick since OP.
    Last edited by Fargo Ram Fan; -07-24-2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: xxx
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

rams2061 Guest

He knew it was wrong and he did it anyway. He should be banned for life.

LARAM is offline Registered User

Well, I have to admit it.......I was a strong supporter of the Wroten pick a couple of years ago, because I am a big LSU fan and followed him through hi college years. I though he was a steal in the 3 round.

Well I'm jumping ship on him now. This crap just pisses me off.......I hope he gets dropped today. I'd rather have "Mr. Irrelevent", take his roster spot.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

what an idiot he didn't play that much anyways. I think Vic can play a little 3 we will see

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Nick, Klopfenstein is rated as a bust not only for his obvious lack of talent, but, even moreso, for where he was picked in the draft.
    An "obvious lack of talent"? Really?

The guy had a solid rookie year as a starter, catching 20 passes for over 200 yards and a touchdown. That made him more productive than all but two other tight ends from that class - Vernon Davis, whom I believe he tied with 20 receptions, and Owen Daniels.

The problem for Klopfenstein isn't a lack of talent IMO - it's pretty clear to me he has it, and it was on display as recently as the final game of the '07 season when he made a 36-yard catch and run for a touchdown - but rather that he got dropped on the depth chart when the Rams signed McMichael as a free agent.

The Rams basically put a ceiling on what Klop can do for them by replacing him in the starting line-up with McMichael. With limited opportunities on the field, his contributions will thus also be limited. To then call him a bust because he hasn't lived up to expectations or his draft status within that situation seems pretty unfair to me, especially when you later call Hagans a so-so pick despite fewer contributions and a chance he won't even be on this team in '08.
    Last edited by Nick; -07-24-2008 at 02:38 PM.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

I'm talking in terms of value for the pick that we used. Setterstrom was a 7th rounder, Tye Hill middle of the 1st round. Klopfenstein-Hagans is the same thing, I'm heavily taking into account what pick we used, not just looking at how good the player is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast