View Poll Results: Which WRs won't be back in 2011? (You may vote for multiple selections)

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Danario Alexander

2 1.50%
  • Danny Amendola

0 0%
  • Donnie Avery

26 19.55%
  • Mark Clayton

5 3.76%
  • Brandon Gibson

41 30.83%
  • Mardy Gilyard

64 48.12%
  • Laurent Robinson

114 85.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Which WRs will be the odd men out in 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Hoomanawanui's big gains came on a screen pass, and a misdirection play where he was wide open due to great play call. Bajema scored on the same play. Plus these players are typically matched up on LB's or safeties ....

Robinson is averaging 14.8 YPC last 5 games ....

At this point, Clayton, at his age, coming off a very severe knee injury, may not be around next year ...

Most don't care to see, but WCO requires WR's that are willing to get out there and block. Both Gibson and Robinson are willing to do so ...

Anyone who cannot see that Gibson factors into the equation long term in a significant role after we he shown the past six weeks is just nuts. Sorry ...

As for Gilyard, how can a 4th round WR be a dissapointment in his first season? Only if your expectations were too high ...
    Don't get me wrong. I'd like to see Gilyard get at least one more season. But as Avenger mentioned, it is surprising that he's not seeing many reps with two of our top guys out of commission and receiver isn't what you'd call a team strength on the best of days. My expectation of a fourth round pick isn't that he needs to be a starter, but he should be better than fifth best at a weak position.

Mark Clayton is 28. Receivers don't usually hit a wall at 30 the way runningbacks do. If he heals well, he could easily stay at the top of his game for another three seasons or more and still be productive even after that.

And regardless of how Illinois Mike got his yards, the point is that with quite a few more opportunities, several of our receivers haven't made any of those kinds of plays. Now I did like what I saw of Robinson on Sunday. Not coincidentally, both of his two biggest gains this season came on his two catches against N'awlins. If Robinson keeps making those plays, I'd have to revise my list.

Come to think of it, I think Gibson most reminds me of Dane Looker. Maybe it's because they both come from Puyallup, Washington, but I think there's more to it. They both fit that mold of the guy who always catches the ball when it's thrown to him but doesn't do much more than that.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -12-15-2010 at 08:23 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345